It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver’s Unique Place As A Precious Metal Investment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
www.bestmetalresearch.com...
Personally, I believe Silver is about the best choice to go with if your looking for stability and perhaps even growth. Keep in mind this is my opinion, I don't buy or sell Silver, I am not a metals broker.
If you decide you want to get into a metal that is more stable than the Dollar, do your own research.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by redgreen
Personally, I believe Silver is about the best choice to go with if your looking for stability and perhaps even growth. Keep in mind this is my opinion, I don't buy or sell Silver, I am not a metals broker.
If you decide you want to get into a metal that is more stable than the Dollar, do your own research.

Why didn't you post this message a year ago? No offense, but I was telling relatives to buy silver quite a long time ago and I've now told them to hold off on their purchases and wait for a correction. People who don't regular invest make it a regular habit of buying just about every investment at the very worst time. Silver jumps from $35 to about $50 and now all of a sudden everyone wants on the bandwagon. The more postings I see recommending that everyone buy silver the more worried I get about investing in silver. A very similar thing happened when gold hit $1,000 for the first time. Everyone was saying what a great investment it was and then a multi-month correction took place giving everyone an opportunity to load up at a much lower price.

I think silver will DROP in price to $35 and give everyone a chance to get in on it. Gold on the other hand has much more potential to go up in a very very long straight line because Comex and the paper gold holders can bust out, causing a price explosion.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by redgreen

Why didn't you post this message a year ago? No offense, but I was telling relatives to buy silver quite a long time ago and I've now told them to hold off on their purchases and wait for a correction. People who don't regular invest make it a regular habit of buying just about every investment at the very worst time. Silver jumps from $35 to about $50 and now all of a sudden everyone wants on the bandwagon. The more postings I see recommending that everyone buy silver the more worried I get about investing in silver. A very similar thing happened when gold hit $1,000 for the first time. Everyone was saying what a great investment it was and then a multi-month correction took place giving everyone an opportunity to load up at a much lower price.

I think silver will DROP in price to $35 and give everyone a chance to get in on it. Gold on the other hand has much more potential to go up in a very very long straight line because Comex and the paper gold holders can bust out, causing a price explosion.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Land is a better investment, in my opinion.
I tried to grow some tomatoes in my pot of silver and the plant died.
I fed my goat silver and he died.
so i took my $45 dollar silver coin and traded it for a sandwich as the seller of said sandwich had no use of a coin shaving.
Boy i should have bought land.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

Very true, it doesn't take a genius to notice a dip follows every peak, just take a look at any long term graph and for every peak there will be a brief dip right after. There isn't a better metal to be in right now than silver, but if you are looking to buy it probably isn't the best time right now, wait a week or two and you should get it at a much better price.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

I kind of agree, now might not be the best time to start buying the metals.....
and well, to be honest...
one should first try to get themselves out of their debt......unless of course, you think you can walk away from that debt and still make a nice profit off your metals investment without no one noticing...
not sure if that's possible really...

land would be a great investment, but well, you might need a nice stash of silver to pay the property taxes and such!!! I would much rather own a piece of land that a bunch of silver, but well, it's not something that you are gonna be able to come across cheaply and then you will be on the hook for the yearly property tax.
If owning the land isn't possible, maybe you can find the land to rent??? a garden plot somewhere, or well, maybe a nice farmhouse to rent cheaply??
if all else fails, well, there's plenty of public forests out there, and I don't really see the gov't investing a ton of money to search for squatters in the national forests, more than likely, they will be closing these national parks down, and cutting the staffs, leaving it less likely for you to be found.

but, if you want my opinion, the time is now to go and stake out that land, start developing it, and farming on it....if there's a collaspe, I'd bet ten to one that it will happen after the growing season has begun, just so they can snag more people in their little trap.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

You may be onto something here, stay in debt and then when the dollar collapses pay your debt with said useless toilet paper.
Remember the deed to your house says dollars, not euros, pounds, Etc.
Throw that carp right back at the lawyerbanker scum!!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Considering the price of gold right now silver is a great alternative. Not many people can afford gold right now. The problem with silver is that traditionally, you would have to keep a ton of it (literally) to have any real value, but the price is skyrocketing now. It was around $15 in Nov/Dec and now it's close to $50. A few years ago it was around $5. I think it's a good investment, especially for older people that are trying to maintain their retirement accounts. Precious metals have always been, and will always be a great way to shift from a capital growth mentality to a capital preservation mentality, and even with the later of the two you will still see growth. Not a bad deal at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Land is a better investment, in my opinion.
I tried to grow some tomatoes in my pot of silver and the plant died.
I fed my goat silver and he died.
so i took my $45 dollar silver coin and traded it for a sandwich as the seller of said sandwich had no use of a coin shaving.
Boy i should have bought land.

Around here prpoerty taxes are skyrocketing. People can barely afford to keep their land. The job market is down. Unce Sam will take your land and then what are you left with. No silver and no land.

I think that land is a bad investment..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Would you be referring to land or land and a house?
Cuz even here in Kalifornia "Land of the Taxed" just straight property is not horribad,,,...yet.
But you put a fixed foundation and a house there and the tax explodes.
There are also other ways around said taxes, you ever consider becoming a preacher?
Church of Yoda, Pastor G146541, and this land is mah church!
It is a corporate game, you only have to play by their rules.

We do however accept tithes of silver and gold.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Would you be referring to land or land and a house?

Pretty much both. I have a freind that bought 5.75 acres. His taxes started off at $12.00. He did everything he could to prevent higher taxes. Got a portable shed. Small trailer and built some small stairs to his trailer.. nothing special. Most of everything he did was on a no or low taxed level. Now he is paying over $600 dollars all of the sudden.
This might not seem like much. But we have a pretty low income and job opertunity level. Here in the midwest. $12.00 to $600.00 in under two years, that is absurd. Uncle sam wants your land.

By the way, it was a 1960's model small trailer. The government has him all pissed off.

He is not the only one. In town it is way worse.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Yep $12 or $600 is a huge difference, but you need not build on the largest portion of land, and in a "Collapse" anyone straying onto mah back 40 will not be very welcomed.
Plus a failed Gumment won't be able to Get much in the way of property tax, yet alone deserve your participation.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'll bet you never see 35.00 ozt silver again and once it goes over 50.00 you will never see that again. Remember silver is'nt some metal that sits around in a vault it is highly used in industry. From what I understand use has exceded production and production costs are getting higher and higher. If countries like India and China continue to grow they will need vast amounts of silver just to transmit electricity to thier populations. I bet within 10 years silver is more valuable than gold. However you do what you feel is right.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantazero

well i will post my prediction here gold will this week go below $1350 and continue to fall, silver will go up to $55 mid week then fall below $25 and stay. lets see how i do.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
silver dipped after the peak but it is coming back.

SLV 36.33 +1.85 +5.37% 51,541,192

51 million shares today, back up 5%, but it will dip a few more times over this summer until it corrects itself back around 50+/oz.

Gold isn't going anywhere but up for the long term, though traditionally in history, it would trade at about 15 times the value of silver. (1980)

...Right now silver is about 1/40th the cost of gold.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Ok, since you have so bold I will post my thoughts. Silver to $40 by the end of the week. I don't worry about Gold.
If something does happen like: Congress decides to quit spending money we don't have, or the Fed Res raises rates or decides to reduce the monetization of the US Dollar, Or the Whitehouse decides that they are going to have a big push to bring businesses back to the States then the direction for the Dollar will continue to be downwards.
If any of these things were to happen I would have second thoughts about metals. But, until that happens I am not worried about my two dimes losing value.
Here's a thought...Buy Silver now and when the Dollar is further devalued you can pay off your debts at a lower rate. It's harder to do with land or food...but I suppose it can be done.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I just bought my first silver eagle. I do not know much about investing in silver.

But I do know I feel better having it than $40 in FED reserve notes.

My plan is to buy one or two a week regardless of the price. This miught not be the best way to invest, but i feel that it is better than handing my money to the bankers and never seeing it again.....401k's are a sham.....The powerful leeching off of the working man.

I would rather have my eagle.

new topics

top topics

join