It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA releases 29 messages from space?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

NSA releases 29 messages from space?

www.nsa.gov

Unable to copy from the pdf... but basically it appears the NSA has declassified documents verifying that an extraterrestrial intelligence has attempted to contact us on 29 occassions, although I don't believe the messages have been fully deciphered.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Can someone verify?

If this is real, why has it not been picked up by the news or at the least, sites like ATS? Unless it's possible to upload fake documents to the NSA website, I don't see how this could be made up. I wonder what all those messages say... lol I imagine it being like galactic voicemail!

www.nsa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Dude.... Email copies to every main stream news outlet anon and see what happens. If this # is real than its big big big. Man got us down.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Try this link too :
www.nsa.gov...
edit on 23-4-2011 by coder22 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If this can be verified, than disclosure is official.

Something tells me this will make headline news even if it's chock full of sarcasm.

I'm going to see if there is any other info, but coming straight from the NSA site is hard to debunk.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

So far both links are for the PDF. Do you have a link to the page in question?

I'm printing this out. I use Adobe Photoshop to view PDFs which makes it hard for me to read it all.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Do the aliens have msn ?

Serously, if it's right i hope we will make a precise contact with them. I'm so enthousiast to see others civilisations.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
messages??....so it begins...

what method was used to contact us......

it seems that this year, there has definatly been a spike in non-terrestrial presence....whether manufactured by the private sector or not.....its everyday now...

peace

hey ...theres a youtube video on it..

edit on 23-4-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sorry Guys, I think this was covered previously here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems it may just have been an exercise.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well I've read through it and it appears they are trying to decipher the messages but are having a bit of trouble. Maybe they released it on the web in the hopes that somebody who thinks outside the preprogramed conventional box can crack it?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
www.nsa.gov...
one up
goes to the NSA it appears

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Obviously if there is something to this it is huge.. maybe the biggest story in the History of the Earth. I am not sure as to why (as people have mentioned) mainstream or even alternative media has not made a big/huge deal over this. I scanned the .pdf and it is fascinating. I wish I was better at Math--I am functionally very good but advanced concepts not as much. I am going to keep my eyes on this thread and see where this goes.
edit on 23-4-2011 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by basil40

from your link...

Re-reading both documents (Extraterrestrial Intelligence from NSA Technical Journal Vol. XI No. 2 pp. 101 and Key to the Extraterrestrial Messages from NSA Technical Journal Vol XIV, No. 1 pp. 13) I'm fairly certain this is an exercise from one of Dr. Lambros D. Callmahos's CA-400 senior cryptanalytic courses.

The first document Extraterrestrial Intelligence starts out with the title, author, and classification, or rather the lack of classification. The article is stamped, "Unclassified". Meaning that the document, even at it's initial release, could be read by anyone. No security clearance required.

That immediately tells me, "This is an exercise, a mind game, not a real comm."

posted by Xtraeme

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by basil40

FALSE ALARM EVERYONE.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by basil40

Seems this has already been previously debunked on ATS folks... the argument posted in the other thread is very compelling that this isn't anything more than a mental exercise

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Now the real question....

Was that just an exercise as he speculates or was it an attempt to get more minds working on the issues as fast as possible under the disguise of it being an "Exercise" ?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
so it seems we got radio messages, but we are trying to decript them for signs of inteligent life or just a random signal.

some of the parts are hard to read, but somehow along the line the only decripted piece reads somewhere along the lines of "something something belongs to something named as CHAV"

further down the pdf it seems CHAV relates to the periodic table.

still it leads to no conclusions as far as i can see.

the messages are not continuous, but somehow they all seem to link together through whatever CHAV is...
and i honestly dont have the patience to comb the document, being declassified im pretty sure it does not contain evidence of nothing.

anyone with more time and patience can surelly have a look.

the movie contact anyone? lol

Edit: further reading sort of indicates as it was said by other that it does look like an exercise, still being an exercise, is good to know that the nsa is training to receive extraterrestrial messages.

where there is smoke there is fire.
edit on 23/4/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Just a small rant, if I may.

This recent obsession with "disclosure" on this site is really starting to irritate me. A bit of restraint and the smallest amount of routine investigation invariably proves the "world-shaking" news to be nothing more than something as idiotically simple as some notes an FBI agent took from some kook or, as in this case, something akin to a crossword puzzle offered as an exercise by a teacher to his students.

I just want to say: If it looks like "FINALLY: TRUE AND COMPLETE DISCLOSURE!" please take a few minutes to look into it and see if you really want to run with it....

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This story reminds me heavily of the coverup of the Voyager 2 program. Voyager 2 lost contact with us, and then out of nowhere starts sending back all kinds of unknown messages, and who knows what the truth is with Voyager 2.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
l. There nre z l I'ymblll .., in the nrder I!:i\'en bv this messaae.
:!. Ii is equivalent ttl AA, C ttl AAA, etc. That is , A= 1: B=
(' = :1:
D=-I: !':=r,: F=6: t:=i.
:1. The s~'mhtll L mean s the twu thinll~ that ("nllo\\' ;HI' 1111' s.une.
LX Y 1I11':ml' x =~' .
.1. Em'h Slall'nll'nl hlIS:; s~'lI1hllls. mill ht'llinl' with L. The ·1 symh,.ls
utter L must he clInsidered all two thinl!:l', Io:m'h statement has a " a"
Ihl' third It'lll-r, which must 111' I he sl:nl ,,(" ,h., sl'.'"nd thinl(. Is
H= I

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join