It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares war on Freedom of Information...calling for World Wide Censorship in Fukushima Info.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Greetings Fellow Collective Brain Cells. As I'm sure many of you, who have been following the Nuclear Crisis in Japan know. Japan has taken it upon themselves, to restrict any accurate information regarding what is really happening at Fukushima. Under the veil of reducing fear in people, and National Security, Japan is demanding that all information, they deem harmful to Japan, be immediately removed from web sites. Also that all media outlets World Wide, cease and desist from presenting news that is not approved by the Government of Japan. I have been posting some articles and videos on this attempt at world wide censorship, in the monster thread, here on ATS. I usually don't post in other threads, but, I feel this deserves a thread of it's own.

There is a French Man, he lives in Japan, who has been posting his home videos since the beginning of the disaster. No, he's not a scientist, nor an expert in the field of nuclear reactors. But he is a human being, just like the rest of us, concerned for this planet we all live on. I leave you the video he posted today, about the censorship in Japan.
Well worth the 4 or so minutes to watch it. TIA

www.youtube.com...

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I would defenetly censor sections of ATS with all the baseless and unfounded predictions and fear mongering threads.

but yeah any informative web information censorship is bad.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Arsenis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yes, we have been following him...

He seems to be the realest source as far as getting real info from japan. I think this is something they were doing already when they kept changing information and numbers, now theyre just spreading it out(to other countries) because it's hard to contain info when real human beings want to get this info out.

But why now? I thought they would have attempted that weeks ago....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I don't believe Japan would be able to negate all the information regarding Fukushima.
I remember this man from a video i watched last month, and he has not calmed down any. In fact, his nerves are even more shot.
Not to downplay at all what is transpiring in Japan, I just think this guy needs to fly home. Take a vacation. Something.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I remember seeing a video with him when it all first went down over a month ago... He was real serious then

And now he is apparently stopping talking about it because its ILLEGAL to talk about ILLEGAL information... I bet its already filtered down into american media... to be honest I only ever check CNN every now and then, but I havent seen many articles at all about it...

This incident should be lighting a fire under everybodys @$$ and put a stop to this kind of technology... A technology which we barely understand how to use it, and dont understand anything about how to stop it when it gets out of control... I know I for one am for stopping all nuclear power, as well as fracking. both are killing our environment, our future generations(if there are going to be any) are going to have rough lives at this rate we are going. pz

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
Yes, we have been following him...

He seems to be the realest source as far as getting real info from japan. I think this is something they were doing already when they kept changing information and numbers, now theyre just spreading it out(to other countries) because it's hard to contain info when real human beings want to get this info out.

But why now? I thought they would have attempted that weeks ago....

The past two weeks, have seen a rapid rate of previously available articles/sites, go "poof" into nowhere land. In the monster thread, we are now driven to make screen shots of some data, it poofs so quickly. I find it quite disturbing to say the least.

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Here it is embedded for you. I encourage everyone to watch it - he speaks a ton of truth.

As for my take on this: it's another example of our "freedoms" and rights as humans being stripped away, and innocent people being labelled terrorists and/or criminals (there are other threads talking about this as well). Fukushima effects the whole world, they have no right to make this info "illegal"; it effects us all! The truth will set you free, but they will try their best to keep that away from you. Speakers of the truth are almost always punished by these people (TPTB), and then it's easier to create lies upon lies, and soon people will believe those lies and walk the Earth in total ignorance. And when (or if) the truth resurfaces, people will find it too hard to believe and many will dismiss the TRUTH as a lie. Jesus had days like this.
edit on 22/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

When they have a devastating accident like this that can affect the entire worlds food supply, they shouldn't even have a say in the matter! The powers that be will always try to control information for there own benefit.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Oh, I didn't start this thread to promote him. Yes he is quite emotional, he is French, as I said in the monster thread.

I posted his vid, when starting this thread on the censorship of info on Fukushima, because I had just posted it on the monster thread. It happened to be right at hand. Thank you for posting here. I have very strong feelings when it come to censorship. Especially when it has the potential to bring harm to all living beings.

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by StripedBandit

Oh, I didn't start this thread to promote him. Yes he is quite emotional, he is French, as I said in the monster thread.

I posted his vid, when starting this thread on the censorship of info on Fukushima, because I had just posted it on the monster thread. It happened to be right at hand. Thank you for posting here. I have very strong feelings when it come to censorship. Especially when it has the potential to bring harm to all living beings.

Des

My apologies if my post was misconstrued. I am not trying to discredit this brave man one bit. I just feel he should do whatever possible to put some distance between himself and Japan for his own sake. He seems to be dangerously on edge. On the flip I am happy to have an independent source of information.
I agree that censorship, especially about Fukushima, is wrong and dangerous.

edit on 22-4-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I understand where they are coming from but people need to know what is going on if they believe everything is ok they won't be able to prepare and protect themselves.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil...

Unless explicitly approved by the Government of Japan.

Ha..., monkeys

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'll start bringing all the data I find on censorship to this thread. This is a serious situation Friends. What is happening at Fukushima, has potential world wide implications...we deserve to know what is being done to OUR planet.

Japanese government censors Fukushima reports that contradict official story

Friday, April 22, 2011 by: Ethan A. Huff, staff writer

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

(NaturalNews) Censorship of the truth about what is really going on at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear facility has been taken to a whole new level of corruption. According to a recent report from the Shingetsu News Agency, the Japanese Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication (MIAC), in conjunction with the National Police Agency and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), has established a special project team to crack down on independent and freelance news agencies that criticize or otherwise scrutinize the official Japanese government position concerning Fukushima.

The Japanese government appears to be working closely with both the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) and the nation's mainstream media outlets to maintain the facade that everything is just fine, and that the nuclear meltdown situation is largely mitigated and under control. But recent prodding and questioning by certain media sources outside this "good ol' boys" club have struck a nerve with authorities, sparking the new crackdown on those who oppose the official story. Authorities say such scrutiny is a threat to national security.

For the most part, the mainstream Japanese media has been the only type of media invited to most of the press conferences concerning Fukushima. And the reporters who attend these events merely reiterate what TEPCO and others are saying about the situation, without asking any hard questions or investigating the situation. But the few press conferences at which independent and freelance reporters have been permitted to attend have been rife with the tough, hardball questions that nobody else has been asking -- and this has caused quite an upset.

"Freelance journalists and foreign media are pursuing the facts, even going into the radiation exclusion zone," explained Uesugi Takashi, an independent journalist that has been pushing the Japanese government to be more forthcoming with the truth about the situation. "However, surprisingly, the Japan government continues to prevent freelance journalists and overseas media from gaining access to official press conferences at the prime minister's house and government."

One of the biggest and most obvious questions that many independent journalists, as well as Japanese citizens, are asking concerns the near-total blackout of information on the current status of Fukushima. Authorities continue to repeat that the situation is under control, but where is the actual evidence to back this claim? And if those in power have nothing to hide, then why have all the meetings between TEPCO officials and the government been private, closed-door meetings that exclude actual journalists?

Meanwhile, empty reassurances that the Fukushima situation is essential "over" have drawn many citizens who previously evacuated the Fukushima exclusion zone back into these dangerous areas. This occurs, of course, as radiation readings around the world continue to rise in response to the Fukushima disaster (www.naturalnews.com...).

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

thanks again des, it's evident from your tireless work on the other thread, that you share the passion, anger & frustration with this man... me too... absolutely more so, that they just upped the ante to such an unbelievably shameless & despicable level with this

hatred is a festering poison, of which i truly begrudge the idea... but for me, contempt just doesn't cut it any more

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

. Authorities continue to repeat that the situation is under control, but where is the actual evidence to back this claim?

If everything was under control, most people would be back in the area of Fukushima, the evacuation zone would be downsized, etc.

It's good you decided to give this it's own thread, adding it to a monster thread, it wouldve just gotten lost, and people need to know this

Now we really have to be on our toes and keep our eyes open on articles or breaking news, SOME kind of news before its retracted.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn

. Authorities continue to repeat that the situation is under control, but where is the actual evidence to back this claim?

If everything was under control, most people would be back in the area of Fukushima, the evacuation zone would be downsized, etc.

It's good you decided to give this it's own thread, adding it to a monster thread, it wouldve just gotten lost, and people need to know this

Now we really have to be on our toes and keep our eyes open on articles or breaking news, SOME kind of news before its retracted.

Oh, they've taken care of anyone going into the area. They've made it illegal to go into the exclusion zone, around Fukushima....this is only one of many articles since the new law on Thursday. Gotta keep those pesky reporters out ya know...

Japan Enforces No-Go Zone Around Crippled Nuclear Plant
TOKYO, Japan, April 21, 2011 (ENS) - The Japanese government will enforce a no-entry zone within 20 kilometers (12.5 miles) of the battered Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant from midnight Thursday, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano announced today. People entering the area could be fined.

Edano said the exclusion zone is intended to protect the health and safety of local residents, some of whom have been returning home without protective radiation suits and masks.

This is coordinated with the crack down on info getting out. Gov't/TEPCO claim all is better...but then do this.

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Hello Des ! I like that "fellow collective brain cells"... I believe his name is Alex. I've seen a few of his vids, and I'm sure I've heard him say Alex, in one or two of them. I too, don't understand, why he has not left. The public trains are still running.
I have also noticed how the news has clamed up, considering we have what is probably four Chernobyl's, and a radioactive spill, at least the size of BP, if not even bigger.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

It's so sad the damage they are bringing everywhere and to act like we're being too nosy, oh excuse us, wth were we thinking

This just tells me it's only going to get worse before it gets better. Those poor people over there.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The UN should go investigate and report tooth world instead of bombing countries.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I believe this incident exceeded Cernobyl at least several times, and the information was banned from the beginning of the crisis. However, they will not be able to ban Japanese people from dying, so all the fear-thing (fearing the govt ) is just illogical..
edit on 22-4-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join