It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks March In " National Day of Action and Unity" This Weekend...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If this is the first you've heard of the 'National Day of Action and Unity,' you're not alone. According to a website called 'Day of Action Movement,' on Saturday, April 23, 2011, there is to be a 'National Day of Unity' in over 60 cities in America, Africa and worldwide because Blacks worldwide are dissatisfied at their current condition. The online flier says: 'Take to the streets in the fight for justice!'

THE DAY OF ACTION AND UNITY ORGANIZERS ARE ALSO CALLING FOR A BUY BLACK ONLY CAMPAIGN AND A BOYCOTT OF ALL NON-BLACK BUSINESSES FOR THE WEEKEND OF APRIL 23RD.

The April 23rd Day of Action is supported by Students and Youth, membership of the of Black Church, The Ordinary peoples society, the New Black Panther Party, Nation of Islam, National Black United Front, National Action Network, Moorish Science Temple of America, Rainbow Push Coalition, 100 Black men inc, NAACP, Malcolm x grassroots movement, A. Philip Randolph Institute, Afro-American Hist. & Genealogical Soc. Inc, Black Women's Network, Blacks In Government, Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Inc, Harvard Black Law Students Association, Nat'l. Alliance of Black School Educators, Nat'l. Assn. of Black Journalists ,Natl. Juneteenth Observance Foundation, The Organization of Black Airline Pilots Inc, Nat'l. Coalition-Blacks for Reparations in Am, and A. Philip Randolph Institute.

Well, I say if your not happy here in the USA get the hell out.....that goes for ANY race creed or culture....

www.examiner.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. What exactly are they fighting for? Unity? In what ways do they wish to be unified?
What current condition are they in? Are they referring to the blacks in the ghettos; The blacks who run around singing thug anthems and chucking up deuces? Or are they refferring to the black that come to north america and manipulate the system?
I don't quite understand what they are marching for. It's the 21st century, you want to be something? Get up and do something.
This makes me sick.
I am black and I have never once used the colour of my skin to justify my failure or success.

edit on 22-4-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think white people should do the same
.....oh wait,that would be considered racist

What the hell are they talking about with 'their condition'? they have the freedom to do whatever they want and whatever their 'condition' is,its down to their own attitude and actions.

I couldn't help but laugh at some of those organisations that were mentioned.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Not all blacks.Me and family will not participate there are far more pressing matters at hand than this "racial distraction".I dont agree with this rally at all,why because as an African American my family history is embedded in Service to America as far back as the Civil war and 1 male from every generation in our family has served in the Armed forces of this country.

We in our family can trace our roots in service to the Buffalo Soldiers and one of my uncles was an Tuskegee Airmen.
sadly most of our history was lost during Katrina.This rally is nonsense and un-American.

These people who promote this are not citizens but dissidents.yes racism exists so does Satanism but you cant use either for a crutch.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I should do the same for Norwegians world wide. We need to stand in unity, goodness knows for what, maybe something Sweden did to us hundreds of years ago. Just as long as we're the center of attention.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Boycotting businesses owned and operated by another race of peoples, in my opinion is the last thing America needs. I hope this is not the case. America must be united. Segregation of race or class undermines this idea. I don't see the "unity" in this "National Day of Action" at all. This is my opinion, I also admit I could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter who is marching, as long as they are not asking to use your legs to do it, why should it matter? Everyone's opinion counts. If the WBC can march about what upsets them, then anyone can. My upbringing, or lifestyle, my ups and down's in life my differ from yours, does that make me count less?

If there is even one person that will be marching that has been wronged then IMHO its worth it. Unless you are aware of everyone's personal reason for marching then it shouldn't upset anyone.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Sorry for deviating off topic here but Frontkjemper, love the sig!

I shall be returning to topic.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
They are exempt from being racist.They are Gods people.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

THE DAY OF ACTION AND UNITY ORGANIZERS ARE ALSO CALLING FOR A BUY BLACK ONLY CAMPAIGN AND A BOYCOTT OF ALL NON-BLACK BUSINESSES FOR THE WEEKEND OF APRIL 23RD

I wonder what their reaction would be if this were countered by a boycott of ALL BLACK businesses the following day. That would be "fun" to watch

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
I should do the same for Norwegians world wide. We need to stand in unity, goodness knows for what, maybe something Sweden did to us hundreds of years ago. Just as long as we're the center of attention.

Hey - that sounded somewhat racist against us Swedish-Americans. I'm so offended that I'm choking on my lutfisk and blodkorv!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonibelle

THE DAY OF ACTION AND UNITY ORGANIZERS ARE ALSO CALLING FOR A BUY BLACK ONLY CAMPAIGN AND A BOYCOTT OF ALL NON-BLACK BUSINESSES FOR THE WEEKEND OF APRIL 23RD

I wonder what their reaction would be if this were countered by a boycott of ALL BLACK businesses the following day. That would be "fun" to watch

Right

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Terrific. It will be interesting to see how many of the more colorful speaches will be highlighted in the MSM, because I'm sure there will be a few beauties. They will cover the deal, but not the actual divisive, hate filled, anti-semetic content that would be news worthy were this any other group with the exception of perhaps muslims.

This is a great thing for the racists, particularily coming up on an election cycle. All these folks will have to do is go to a couple of these rallys, take a few videos and you've got your campaign commercial, fit for a Klansman.

It is amazing that folks don't realize how utterly counterproductive these kinds of events are to their cause. Every time one of these types of things goes on, regardless of the group involved, the insight and the desire for insight into the world of that group decreases and the subtle racism against them increases.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

THE DAY OF ACTION AND UNITY ORGANIZERS ARE ALSO CALLING FOR A BUY BLACK ONLY CAMPAIGN AND A BOYCOTT OF ALL NON-BLACK BUSINESSES FOR THE WEEKEND OF APRIL 23RD.

I don't know if it's just me, but that sounds quite counter productive to UNITY.

Either way, it's their right, and I support it, just doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyPhilistinism
Sorry for deviating off topic here but Frontkjemper, love the sig!

Thanks, am a huge fan of Wipeout and the graphic designers behind the look.

Originally posted by tallcool1
Hey - that sounded somewhat racist against us Swedish-Americans. I'm so offended that I'm choking on my lutfisk and blodkorv!

Well, your country stole parts of my country hundreds of years ago as well as killed plenty of my Norwegian brethren! I demand some of that lutefisk as reparations!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

I'm all for empowerment of minorities but it seems like this one is going too far, BUY BLACK ONLY? BOTCOTT ALL NON-BLACK BUSINESS? Sounds more like a racist rally than an anti-racist rally.
It's not the 1960s anymore. Racism still exists in some places but it's not going to be cured if met by an equal amount of bigotry.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

So this is a world wide march of Blacks that are unhappy with (insert reason here) and feel oppressed by (insert ethnicity here)?

IMO, this group is the minority of Blacks, and are only making the decent hard working Blacks look bad. Just like White hate groups and Latino hate groups don't represent us all. I'm not saying this is a "hate group" but their general ideology and practice is the basis of general racism. From their website it would appear they hope to inspire some kind of chain reaction across the country like in the Middle East.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Caji316

So this is a world wide march of Blacks that are unhappy with (insert reason here) and feel oppressed by (insert ethnicity here)?

IMO, this group is the minority of Blacks, and are only making the decent hard working Blacks look bad. Just like White hate groups and Latino hate groups don't represent us all. I'm not saying this is a "hate group" but their general ideology and practice is the basis of general racism. From their website it would appear they hope to inspire some kind of chain reaction across the country like in the Middle East.

Beautifully put brother

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Any bets of certain types of crimes going up tommorow.....
Geez, I thought only us white people could be racists, ah, you mean the MSM has lied again?
The idiots promoting and participating in this deserve to feel the way they do, I guess they don't recognize hypocrasy.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
why all the animosity. the only problem is that governments are also in cohoots with companies who have board members that make unethical decisions unrighteously and undignified to members of cultures they feel no similarity. you dont need to look far when you look in the right direction for examples of black racism. is it racist of america to accept a guilty ple from shell for the oil spill in nigeria? is it racism of the red cross as well as united nations to impede on the assistance haiti received? are the replies by some of the members in this thread racist because black unity is supposedly relegated to perceptions of black they have? is it racist that the world over trades commodities speculatively but devalues the foreign exchange of african nations by means of illegal market transactions?

good idea but not good enough to satiate the desires blacks have for retaliation for atrocities committed against blacks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join