It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops in Afghanistan cover Britney Spears' "Hold it Against Me"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Troops in Afghanistan cover Britney Spears' "Hold it Against Me"

www.cbsnews.com

(CBS) - The United States has the greatest military in the world. Our troops fight like warriors, serve like heroes - and sing like superstars! In their brief free time, the men and women of marine squadron 266 Rein took the time to make this hilarious and awesome video. From "deep in the heart of Afghanistan" comes this clip of marines covering Britney Spears' "Hold it Against Me."
We can probably declare the war in Afghanistan officially won. No enemy can stand up to the awesome force of Brit
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk www.youtube.com

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 4/23/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
youtu.be...

Is this what your tax money is paying for? Marines making music videos; not only that at the beginning of the video they expose the flightline location from a birds eye view, talk about violation of OPSEC.
I would agree that our enemies are probably laughing at this video knowing that we are spending our time out here making these humiliating videos.
This isn't the only video in rotation, there are countless videos out there in rotation submitted by Army, Navy, etc.

Truly embarrassing/dangerous in my opinion.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Wow

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
may be embarrassing but we have the most powerful military in the world. dosent matter if the enemy is scared or laughing they'll still get their a$$e$ handed to them.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well, it's not like the American people expect the tax dollars to actually be going towards finding one man named Osama Bin Laden.

Even if so, this is money much better spent.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Why wouldn't they make a joke of a music video? They're fighting in a joke of a war.
This is infinitely better than killing innocent people at least.

Also, 2:36.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I knew someone would say this is wasting taxpayers money, soldiers having some FUN on downtime.
All you armchair critics disgust me, why dont you all work 24-7 and see how you blow off steam
If you think this is 'wasting money' look in DC first, those idiots in the govt are wasting your money, not these troops

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
A bunch of airwingers that never leave the camp. They pump fuel and fix jets.

Those are not combat troops.

Just sayin

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

They did more then YOU probably did
They took an Oath to defend this country which includes YOU

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I oppose war, I detest violence and I believe the US is walking a fine line between imperialism and terrorism. However it is easy to forget that the personnel are not responsible for the decisions that put them wherever they happen to be and that often they chose the military because of limited options or misguided patriotism. They are victims too and I think reminding us of their humanity is a good thing. As for being a waste of money I think the cost of making such a video is minimal especially when compared to something like the cost of a Patriot Missile.

I'm not saying that these videos change anything but they do give me pause for thought and teach me that stereotyping military personnel is as stupid as doing it for Muslims, Christians Jews and any other ethnic/religious/sexual fraction of humanity. Mostly we are all the same just trying to make the best of things and make things better. We might not always agree on the best way forward but at least most of us agree we want to move forward. They have my respect for doing a tough job the best they can. It's sometimes a tough life. They deserve some fun.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Well, for your information, I am currently deployed with these guys HMLA-169 Vipers and HMLA-266 Rein.

Most of us are working our a**es off out here, yet here we discover them making videos and exposing our location at the VERY BEGINNING of the video. It may not be a big threat in your eyes, but to some it is a VERY BIG threat.
Call it paranoia if you will, but I'd rather see my wife and daughter again.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

I understand fully about OPSEC, for that part, they should be slammed for it
the rest, there is NOTHING WRONG with blowing off steam, and IF you ARE there, you should know more then ANYONE ESE!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I'll admit I am over reacting a bit, but OPSEC should not be made a joke.

Trust me the CG has already adressed these marines, they are waiting further word on the punishment.

It really is that serious.

Call it releaving steam, there are better more safe/responisble ways to do so.
edit on 22-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Are you saying that a huge installation like that is hidden? I don't understand how an aerial shot of a base is a big deal? Also are you saying they can make films like that and get them online without approval from above? Just asking because I'm interested. Would have imagined that any security implications could cause the participants big trouble.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I also took an Oath, and I understand they are trying to have some fun over there.

But when it gets on the internet along with a FREAKIN Satellite Map, it is not only a security risk it makes everyone look juvenile and unproffessional.

link   
They have done a few. This, I feel, is their best one. Not the same group of guys but...the concept.

LADY GAGA-Their way.

I don't blame them one bit for relaxing and having some R&R. They EARNED it!

Whenever I see this video I think of the family members I have over there now and the ones who had been. I hope they did something to keep sane and do stuff to keep safe and sane.

Enjoy that video. Think about those guys.

For me, it's time to come home. All of them

link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Originally posted by watchitburn reply to post by HomerinNC

I also took an Oath, and I understand they are trying to have some fun over there. But when it gets on the internet along with a FREAKIN Satellite Map, it is not only a security risk it makes everyone look juvenile and unproffessional.

Yes OPSEC WAS violated bigtime, for that they deserve the book thrown at them. Thats dangerous that opart, honestly the video should be taken down and that part edited out

edit on 4/22/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Marines are still humans, they don't need to report everything that goes on here, all it takes is walking into the moral station with your thumb drive, uploading it onto youtube and BAM.

This video is all over, fox news, CBS news, LA TIMES, CNN, etc. no doubt the "enemy" is already analyzing the contents for any clues on where to put the coordinates for a bombardment.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
Truly embarrassing in my opinion.

Why do you think that? Soldiers are just people also...

Even the poms have done it

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
i would cut them some slack they are the only reason we are all here running our mouths like we do

they are the only thing standing between you and bullet,suicide bomber,ied, and some idiots who wants to cut off your heads and the numerous other things that the majority of americans are oblivious to because american idol is more important.

semper fi

may all of you come home soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join