It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate SHTF House (pic)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
what happens if they sneak in while everything is open..
and show up when you are all locked in?

Then you try to manuver/trap them into walking into the secret
cone of silence/bubble area part of the house that will descend down upon them.
Once they are inside it, turn on the sleeping gas, problem, solved.....

edit on 4/22/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I am working on a similar project though less extravagant. I do alot of concrete work since I live near the coast, I have been able to get my hands on the things needed.

Although my concept won't be as lavish when completed, the re-enforced rebar technique I use will have mine strong!

But I love that design, just awesome! Can I have it? Thanks..

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Do you have a source? Is there an article describing the house? Price? Features? Do minefields and moats cost extra?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by guppy

go to the post on page one of this thread by cybermerc
to see more photos, architects, etc.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
check icf homes insulated concrete forms

affordable and to your own designs.

like the house

edit on 22-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Oh my god.. That is the coolest house i've ever seen.
I want it so bad

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Cool building but the engineer in me just can't help tinkering with the design.

I'm not sure I like the roll up garage door for the end of the building. Instead of that, how about a block wall on a ram to raise it into place. Can you imagine that thing in a wind storm? Be worse than a dozen 6 year old girls at a birthday party when Elmo shows up.

The hinged shutters I would think that you could do that using the same style as old time industrial floors (picture 6 inch long 2x4s attached together. very heavy. Although, blow off the hinges and you're done for.

A double cement block building with the blocks filled with cement would do the trick.

Of course, I would prefer my construction to be partially under ground.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This house looks amazing to say the least. Now add an instant Ovaltine maker and its worth the billions of dollars to build it.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SweetRevenge
Throw some solar panels and optional skylights on the roof/access and I'm sold.

Maybe a garage as well. But you could probably squeeze a motorcycle/ATV in a house that size.

The other pics show what I think are solar panels. My problems with the house are

1. Butt ugly. You could at least paint the sucker.
2. It needs offensive capability. This is strictly defensive.
3. I wonder about getting past building codes.
4. It's Polish, not that this is a bad thing.
5. Antennas. Beep. Beep.
6. Awesomeness personified anyway!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Only one problem tho....
It aint gonna stop Greys from abducting you...

Sure it will, just line the interior with tin foil.

Back on topic, awesome house. But wouldn't everyone who doesn't have this house notice it? So when S does HTF, they'll all come a knockin' at your door...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Only one problem tho....
It aint gonna stop Greys from abducting you...

Sure it will, just line the interior with tin foil.

Back on topic, awesome house. But wouldn't everyone who doesn't have this house notice it? So when S does HTF, they'll all come a knockin' at your door...

You raise a serious issue. In previous 'survival houses' I've heard the builders say they want to make them non-descript as possible so that they fit into the neighborhood. It's just that they have a secret room or two embedded in them for supplies and safety. I've always thought you could do this with a house with a basement by closing off all things that point to it having one, then re-enforcing what is "normal." 10-4 on the tinfoil.
edit on 4/22/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Go to their website and check out the "Hidden House". That's the one I'd be going for!

www.kwkpromes.pl...

Wait for the intro, then click on "English" then "Projects" then "Housing", choose "Hidden House". Takes a few seconds to load and then click through the arrows to show all details of the design.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
how about CME?
10.5 EarthQuake?
One military grenade? or even easier - microwave sound device?
A smart McGyver kid who needs food and can make a bomb out of shaving cream, fertilizer and vinegar?
Did you see the kid who made a gun out of paper and glue?

Get a life - there is no escaping it. Just live in the moment and enjoy it all.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Love this house!
I'm a little leery of the roll up door thingy in the front. It would have to be very, very, heavy duty to suit me but I bet that is an option the builder can take care of.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
They also have designs for many strange but awesome buildings, one of which is essentially the 'Bat-cave'; a hidden-entrance subterranean home..looks awesome!!

www.kwkpromes.pl...
(check out "hidden home", under the projects tab)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I've been into survivalism for a few years now. Since then, I've learned the less you standout, the less interesting you'll be. If you have a house that looks like a fortress, you'll get less fortunate folks wanting in either by your charity or through force. Desperate times breed desperate actions.

So build a normal looking house, have a cellar which is in fact a bunker. That's my dream of course. I'd have all the vital family photo's and anything else like heirlooms hidden away in storage somewhere, food caches spread far and wide as well as ample preparations in my bunker.

Same with clothing. But I think a lot of people are starting to pick up on the 5.11 casual tactical gear. But then again, all this is dreaming.

Unless your Mike, he's got his own bunker he built with his own two hands. Quite the industrial fellow.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
There needs to be an escape tunnel of some sort. Or maybe several levels of an underground bunker. Or maybe both.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

When I was out looking to buy my first house....nevermind
Try looking for houses build in the 50's, a lot of them come pre equipped with bomb shelters. Especially if you're near potential cold war targets.

Any who...was I thinking out loud?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Awesome house not to mention it would make a great plot for a horror movie. I will take two please and a teleportation machine while I have my head in the clouds.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyR
When I was out looking to buy my first house....nevermind
Try looking for houses build in the 50's, a lot of them come pre equipped with bomb shelters. Especially if you're near potential cold war targets.

There ya go, instant BOL

Originally posted by JohnnyR
Any who...was I thinking out loud?

Better to think out loud and get an answer then talk to yourself and get one...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join