It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skull & Bones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Had to rush this thread, work shift is almost over

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9aa6a316e5f.jpg[/atsimg]

The first thing most will think upon first seeing this picture is evil. The devil, baphomet, or whatever else you may have heard over the internet.

However none of that is remotely true.
This image is very familiar with members of the York Rite house in masonry known as Knights Templars. This image invoke a feeling of strength, love, and sacrifice.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d75ed09fd640.jpg[/atsimg]

If you never heard of Houdini, or Funk Master Flex "5minutes of Funk" then that part would be hard to explain...

Anyway... A common thing among masonry, is that it is a beautiful system of morality veiled in allegory and illustrated through signs and symbol. Every symbol has a meaning, every sign has a purpose.

The Chi Ro, pronounced like the City Cairo, is the original form of the Skull and cross bones...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/902fcafbfe68.jpg[/atsimg]

Going back to the picture of "Skulley", The phrase at the bottom, also in my my signature is "In hoc signo vinces" it is a Latin rendering of the Greek phrase "ἐν τούτῳ νίκα", en touto nika, meaning "in this sign you will conquer".

According to legend, Constantine I adopted this Greek phrase, "εν τούτῳ νίκα", as a motto after his vision of a chi rho on the sky just before the Battle of Milvian Bridge against Maxentius on 28 October 312. The early Christian symbol consists of a monogram composed of the Greek letters chi (X) and rho (P), the first two letters in the name Christ (Greek: Χριστός). In later periods the christogram "IHS" both stood for the first three letters of "Jesus" in Latinized Greek (Ιησούς, Latinized IHSOVS) and "in hoc signo" from the legend.

This emblem was believe to be the first form of the actual cross used in Christianity today, even before the lamb or fish was used(another thread).

It is commonly said that through the persecution of Christian, they were force to hide their religion with in signs and symbols, the same with masons of the past. So the Chi Ro went from greek letters to a skull and cross bone. There’s a story that state that their was a man, that love his wife so much, after her death, he went to he r grave and consummated with her dead body, producing a dead baby, that wa later found born between her two thigh bones. More than likely that tale is false.

I simply brought up this topic for one to remember this day good Friday. On Christ day of Cruxcifiction he went through 13 stations before his resurrection. That is the significance of the number 13, in Knights Templarism, not just Jaque D'Molay's execution, as many believe.
So if you Christian Catholic, a Knight, hopefully this info will assist you in remembering the sacrifice, and the immortality of your flesh.

The 13 stations of the cross

Station 1
"Behold your king," says Pilate.
"Away with him," the people shout.
And they sent you to your death.
Lord Jesus, Word made flesh,
Light for our dark world,
God come to save us,
may we never send you away.

Station 2
You were led to Calvary, Lord,
carrying the cross by yourself.
Yet was the cross only yours,
or was it also mine you bore?
By your holy cross, O Jesus,
make me strong and able
to take up the cross I must bear.

Station3
How strange to see you fall
as anyone does who cannot go on.
And yet you rise again
to take the few steps more you can.
By your first fall, O Jesus,
give your risen grace
to those who fall and cannot rise.

Station4
O Mother of my Savior,
you stand beside your Son.
With love beyond all telling,
you share his grief as one.
How shall I know your sorrow,
your tears beyond compare?
Deep in my heart stand watching,
and call my memory there.

Station 5
Simon, coming in from the fields,
was pressed to carry your cross.
Did he come to know you, Lord,
walking by your side?
By your meeting with the Cyrenean,
may we find you in the stranger,
and in the needy we meet.

Station 6
A woman named Veronica
kindly washed your face with a towel.
Such a simple thing!
A towel, a cup of water, a loving word.
By your meeting with Veronica, Lord,
help us value such small things,
so great when given in your name.

Station 7
Can God fall, a mighty God,
whose hands uphold all that is?
By your second fall, O Lord,
remember how weak we are,
remember our helplessness,
remember our human frailty,
and come to our assistance.

Station 8
Women wept as you passed
and you said, "Weep not for me
but for your children."
Keep the grace of this meeting
alive in our hearts, Lord.
Keep us concerned
for humanity's children.

Station 9
Like water poured out,
your strength is gone.
You fall as if to the dust of death.
By your third fall, O Lord,
give us courage before our trials
and patience to go on.
Help us in our need.

Station 10
They divided your garments
and cast lots for your clothes.
Stripped of all dignity,
you had nothing of your own.
By your despoilment, O Lord,
clothe us in your mercy
which is rich beyond words.

Station11
Nailed to the cross,
you know how many feel
who, bound by circumstance,
year by year get nowhere.
By your riven hands and feet, Lord,
help those fixed to a cross
by long illness or misfortune.

Station 12
Once the prophet said:
"Who can believe our report?"
God's Servant, crushed in sorrow,
pierced for our offenses!
Shall we not stand watching, Lord,
mourning the sins you bear,
rejoicing in the pardon you bestow?

Station13
Resting in your mother's arms
when taken from the cross,
you died trusting a Father's care,
faithful unto death.
By your holy death, O Lord,
give us an unfailing trust in God,
commend us to your Father's hands.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

I believe that masonry has nothing to do with any religion but Kabalah. they don't believe in Jesus and they they are using Christianity to nail their targets.

they have already made some movies about Christianity such as 'angels and daemons' , 'Davin Ci code' , ... telling people science has nothing to do with religion and whoever tries to make a connection between science and religion fails.
edit on 22/4/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Why do the Freemasons, for example, ask that you hold a religious belief in order to join?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

They dont..only requirement for membership is a desire to get better.SOBER aware or awake im guessing

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Cool story.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yyou have to buy the nonsense of their cult, just like any other religious cult.

2. God. Masons require one to believe in God to be a member, but the candidate is never required to say what god he believes in -- "Masonry ... requires merely that you believe in some deity, give him what name you will ... any god will do, so he is your god" (Little Masonic Library, Macoy Publishing, 1977, 4:32). Masons commonly refer to their deity as the "Great Architect of the Universe" (G.A.O.T.U.) or the Supreme Being. God is further described as Grand Artificer, Grand Master of the Grand Lodge Above, Jehovah, Allah, Buddha, Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva, or Great Geometer. (The "G" in the Masonic ring can refer to God; it can also refer to geometry.) Masons claim that the actual name for God has been lost (cf. Jn. 14:8,9; Phil. 2:9-11; 1 Jn. 5:20) [HJB].

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by hmdphantom

Why do the Freemasons, for example, ask that you hold a religious belief in order to join?

They do not require you to have a religious belief. They only require you to have a belief in a "Grand Architect". Intelligent Design hurp derp. To know that my mind is free to explore thoughts and ideas that they could never even dream of. I can't lie but it feels john good man.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

haha
Cheers for that, that's cleared my misunderstandings, I find it hard to believe in intelligent design and objective morality.

Here's what Hitchen's has to say on ye olde hurp durp intelligent design:-

edit on 22/4/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I do not think that it is necessarily referring to denying the theory of Evolution, but more in a sense trying to say that the Universe was created by an intelligence. Nowadays one can believe that a Intelligence created evolution. I BELIEVE that one can be a mason and yet still think that mankind evolved from lesser lifeforms. I also think that one could be a mason and believe that life arose on Earth through abiogenesis. I reckon all you would have to say is that a grand architect made the universe and that is as far as you have to admit. I am not POSITIVE as I am not a part of any of these organizations so do not take my word as an authority on this subject.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

I understand what you're stating and i appreciate your honesty.

I've always thought evolution, especially evolution via natural selection would negate an intelligent designer. It would show that there are inperfections in nature. A competent designer who could "go back to the drawing" board would rectify these inperfections.

the Giraffe's Laryngeal is an interesting example of the above.

Woudln't you think there'd be arguments within the Freemasons if people disagreed in abiogenesis etc.?

My uncle was a freemason, just a humble postman (i think) - I never got the chance to ask him any questinos - He was obviously very quiet about it.
edit on 22/4/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I imagine that things like this are ...conveniently ignored. It is far easier to ignore the difficult questions than it is to answer them honestly. Then again maybe you are not required to admit that the grand architect is any good at his job.

Maybe you can be a mason and say that you believe in a grand architect, but he is the worst engineer ever lol. Just because he made everything does not have to necessarily mean that he did a good job at it.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You are onto something...sort of. For instance, the Swastika was a sun symbol, a sign of peace. The darker secret societies use the same numbers and symbols and invert their meaning (like the 1 point up vs 2 point up pentagram).

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Sorry, I don't know. but you can confirm that they do so.

edit: but by observing their path and goal you can see that it is not according to any religion.
edit on 24/4/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

join