It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American suggests building new Japan in Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

An American woman has suggested that the disaster-hit Japanese people buy a part of Russia to build a new country instead of staying in the ruined one.

The Japan Times newspaper has published a letter by Gwendolyn Maddy from Rapid City, Michigan, in which she advises the Japanese to “resettle” Japan on Russia’s territory and use their home island as a resort to visit rather than as a place to live. As Maddy writes in her letter, “Consider a land deal with Russia.”

She apparently fell in love with the Land of the Rising Sun after visiting it some time ago

Source - Russia Today

I don't really have much to say about this. It thought you guys would be interrested. It is not an official suggestion but it is rather interesting. I doubt Russia or any country for that matter would give up land to create another Japan.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I dont think the japanese would want to leave unless they realy had to would they?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
On the contrary. Russia has already offered land to the Japanese because of the fallout.

President Dmitry Medvedev’s suggestion at a meeting of the Russian Security Council that Moscow should consider offering Japanese the chance to resettle in the underpopulated areas

www.eurasiareview.com...

Of course alot of the Russian people arent to happy about the offer.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
if russia really offered resettlement thats a huuuuge
from me and an even bigger step to world peace

the only problem is the people of japan are the most loyal and proud people.
i could see some relocating ONLY if it was deemed mandatory like if the island became inhabitable
but do most would choose to take their chances and stay.

edit:
considering japan is #3 or (2?) US debt holder next to the fed and china we should offer some kind of relocation program. plenty of mountainous japan like inhabited land in washington alaska montana and the dakotas.

edit on 21-4-2011 by dirtycrickrat because: content

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Russia does not generally like Japan. At all. They also have huge oil reserves in Siberia that might come into play with any talk of a Japanese relocation to the mainland.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I mean... that just sounds retarded.

But, I could totally buy it if Japan was actually annihilated. I am just not so sure if it is that bad.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
now that i think of it. would this even be possible?

if a full out relocation was the only option it would be the biggest mass exodus in the history of earth.

logistically how would this work?

financially
is it even in question?

the cost of rebuilding infrastructure housing for ALLLL of those people?
maybe this could happen over a period of 100 years or so like the USA but in a short period of time it would be impossible.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It would be funny if Japan gained control of "The Northern Resource Area" as they called it back in WWII.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I doubt the Japanese will leave Japan unless they really have to.

It's more than just a piece of land to them.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I think this woman needs a reality check.

You cannot just uproot your family and move to a strange land just because an AMERICAN thinks that you should.

new topics

top topics

join