It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel supplied arms to Argentina during Falklands war

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Source

Here is some new insight to how Israel works and the immoral acts they will stoop to.

During the war between Britain and Argentina it has come to light that Israel actually supplied equipment to the Argentinians.

It's frankly quite stunning to hear this sort of thing. Israel pretends to be friends with Britain and yet in a time of crisis it decides to side with the enemy. Such lovely friends they make.

Who needs enemies when you have friends like these.

Absolutely despicable.

edit on 21-4-2011 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Source

Here is some new insight to how Israel works and the immoral acts they will stoop to.

During the war between Britain and Argentina it has come to light that Israel actually supplied equipment to the Argentinians.

It's frankly quite stunning to hear this sort of thing. Israel pretends to be friends with Britain and yet in a time of crisis it decides to side with the enemy. Such lovely friends they make.

Absolutely despicable.

Yes those arms they provided extended the war to 5 minutes instead of the original 4 minutes it was supposed to take.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Why should this come as a shock? although I have nothing against Israel I do not see her as ever being a Friend of Britain.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yeah good on you Isreal. And I read along time back that the US used their spy satellites to give information to the Argentinians, about BRITISH ship positions.?? Makes you wonder Huh!!!.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by douggie60
Yeah good on you Isreal. And I read along time back that the US used their spy satellites to give information to the Argentinians, about BRITISH ship positions.?? Makes you wonder Huh!!!.

Good on you? r u joking, mate?

You're supposed to be on our side! because we're the same! as in the british commonwealth!?!?

The Empire!?!? you may of heard of it!?!?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by douggie60

Wrong. A well kept secret is that the United States threatened Argentina with a full scale military intervention if they didn't allow the Brits to "win" back the Falklands. Up to that point Argentina was kicking the brits butts all over the place, sinking ships, etc. If it wasn't for USA bailing you Brits out once again, the UK would probably be speaking Argentinian right now.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydude76

Sorry, obviously there wasn't enough sarcasm in the comment "good on ya Israel". And I guess I am on your side as I live in Australian and was born in England. I haven't trusted Israel for years, how they lied , cheated, stole from other countries, been given land that was not theirs and still tried to steal more, and still are.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
And yes, you have a go at Israel for what they did, but also have a look at the USA for what they did. They are supposed to be an ally of Britain, but send info to Argentina.?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

It was a tough job for the Brits seeing as they had to travel 8000 miles to get to the war zone, but with Mrs Thatcher in charge of proceedings there was no way the Argies would have won. She would have gone over there herself and clouted Galtieri with her handbag if needs be.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

Wrong. A well kept secret is that the United States threatened Argentina with a full scale military intervention if they didn't allow the Brits to "win" back the Falklands. Up to that point Argentina was kicking the brits butts all over the place, sinking ships, etc. If it wasn't for USA bailing you Brits out once again, the UK would probably be speaking Argentinian right now.

We own your pathetic little cololnies lol. end of

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

I can assume your from Argentina.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

"Speaking Argentinian"

That about sums up the intelligence put into your post.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
hahah

it does , it does

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Man1fesT

German is spoken by 500,000 Argentinians.

It would have been ironic if they made you learn that too, seeing how the USA prevented that very thing happening in two other wars.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't be suprised if Britain knew. It was Margeret Thatchers intention be involved in a war in order to in-act extreme and unpopular laissez-faire economic reforms back in the U.K. Argentina's junta government needed the war as-well. It was nothing more but a trivial distraction.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You people are so easily manipulated. The OP's thread is actually a very important subject that deserves to be looked into, but like a lot of things posted here it ends up being derailed.

Megaphone: Undeniable Proof of Israeli Propaganda on Forums like ATS

You see how easy it is to shift the focus away from Israel and onto another tangent?

Anyways in my opinion this was probably another CIA/Mossad backdoor way of getting funds off the books. The USA grants a large amount of military hardware to Israel, so effectively if they sold them at the behest of the CIA it would be a easy way to procure money for all those operations that can't be funded legitimately.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
During the war between Britain and Argentina it has come to light that Israel actually supplied equipment to the Argentinians....

Absolutely despicable.

I'm wondering just HOW familiar are you with the Falkland war?
Refresh my memory but didn't the Argentinians use French Mirage and Super Etendard Jets with Exocet missiles? The Isrealis couldn't have been any worse than France.

Sinking of HMS Sheffield

On 4 May, two days after the sinking of Belgrano, the British lost the Type 42 destroyer HMS Sheffield to fire following an Exocet missile strike from the Argentine 2nd Naval Air Fighter/Attack Squadron. Sheffield had been ordered forward with two other Type 42s to provide a long-range radar and medium-high altitude missile picket far from the British carriers. She was struck amidships, with devastating effect, ultimately killing 20 crew members and severely injuring 24 others. The ship was abandoned several hours later, gutted and deformed by the fires that continued to burn for six more days. She finally sank outside the Maritime Exclusion Zone on 10 May.

More of a period perspective from 1982 S ource
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91cff8e26ef7.jpg[/atsimg]

Just keeping it real.

edit on 21-4-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

And the Falklands are the historic original land of the British? I'm just saying... it's halfway around the world from the UK...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Oh, I remember those friendly British.

It's the same people that confiscated weapons from the 'Yeshuv' and left them defenseless against armed Arab mob that butchered them.

It's the same people that refused European Holocaust survivors from entering the land of Israel, so they either sent them back to Occupied Europe to die by the Nazis, sent them to prison camps in Cyprus or simply sunk their boats.

It's the same Britain that substantiated in the vote for the creation of Israel.

The same Great Britain that joined the Arab boycott against Israel starting in the 60's.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join