It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crucifixion nails or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I know this has been posted here before, but I still have unanswered questions. Please bear with me. And by all means, if you already know all the information regarding the nails, proceed to the bottom and simply answer my questions.

Two nails were found in Jersualem in 1990 when archaeologists uncovered a family tomb believed to be that of Caiphas, the high priest who handed Jesus over to the Romans to be crucified. One nail was found inside an ossuary and another was lying on the floor of the tomb. The ossuary in which the nail was found was inscribed "Caiaphas".

Now, when excavating in Jersulem, it's very common to find nails. However, the mere fact that they were found IN a burial tomb, speaks volumes. In a typical burial tomb, nothing ordinary can be found. Everything is there for a reason, and in many cases things like coins and oil lamps are found, which have significance when pertaining to the after life. They are said to give good fortune of a sort. Among things that provide good fortune for the after life, are crucifix nails.

Another thing to note is that the nails were bent at one end. The length and the fact that they were both bent at one end, among the significance that they were found inside a burial tomb of CAIAPHAS, lends support to these being crucifix nails.

Now on to Caiaphas. Caiaphas was the Roman appointed high priest supposedly involved int he plot to kill Jesus. In Matthew 26:57-67, Caiaphas and others of the Sanhedrin interrogate Jesus looking for some sort of evidence in which to fram Jesus. When they find no evidence, Caiaphas demands that Jesus tell him whether He is the Christ. Jesus replies by saying "You have said so." and is subsequently charged with blasphemy.

Caiaphas is also mentioned in other historical resources such as those by the first century Jewish historian Josephus. He is also mentioned in a ballad by Oscar Wilde which portrays him as a traitor of sorts.

Historically, Caiaphas is only associated with ONE crucifixion. This lends to the idea that the nails found in Caiaphas' tomb, were indeed the nails used to crucify Jesus.

Interestingly enough, the nails were noted in the original archaeologicaly report, but were never photographed or sketched.

source

Now, with just regards to the nails, I would like to ask a few questions.

1) What is the possibility that these are NOT crucifixion nails?
2) What are possible reasons for the nails to have never been photographed or sketched with the original archaeological recordings?
3) If these ARE crucifixion nails, what is the possibility that they were used to crucify someone OTHER THAN Jesus?
4) Why were they found in the tomb of Caiaphas?

A2D

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I saw a show about these nails last night on the history channel and it was pretty fascinating to say the least. I think that it is impossible to say that those nails were used in the crucifixion of Jesus, and any evidence would be circumstantial at best. What I would like to see is if they can get any blood samples off of them and then compare that sample with one from the Shroud of Turin. What if they matched?
edit on 21-4-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
1) who knows?

2) If they were not photographed with the other artifacts, how do we know they were found?

3) As much chance as them being nails from another cruxifiction, there were a number of these weren't there?

4) who knows?

S&F because I hadn't heard of this before.
edit on 21/4/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
1) who knows?

2) If they were not photographed with the other artifacts, how do we know they were found?

3) As much chance as them being nails from another cruxifiction, there were a number of these weren't there?

4) who knows?

S&F because I hadn't heard of this before.
edit on 21/4/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

2) They were recorded in the archaeological recordings, just not photographed.
3) But how many crucifixions would Caiaphas keep the nails from? and why?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
No answers? Seriously? I figured atleast one person would show up to discuss this with me.

A2D

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I believe that they are old nails with no significance.

Nails were used a lot back then.

Sometimes,scientists,and those in the scientific community like to "elaborate"

They are looking for their minute of fame.

If thee were the nails used why would the family bury them?

Wouldn't they keep them in the family?

There has been recent discovery of numerous items from this area of the world all that seem to be related to Jesu and his time living there.

Many "discoveries" for a place that has been populated for over 2000 years!

The blood on the shroud has no DNA left that could be used to begin with.

As a side note,The Catholic church has NEVER made ANY statements on on the image on the shroud.

Because they know whose image is on it.

Plus they would have to admit that the true cloth that cover Jesus's face after death is locked up in their basement.

The nails are just what they are.

Old nails.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

Then please explain to me why "plain old nails" would be kept in the ossuary of the High Priest Caiaphas!!!

Seriously, think about it for a minute. Why the hell would someone put "plain old nails" that have no significance whatsoever in a burial tomb? Why are the "plain old nails" bent at one end?

People aren't buried with things that have no significance whatsoever. NEVER HAPPENS.

"Hey Bob, when I die man, I want you to throw in a bunch of garbage, just because."
Nope, this is NEVER THE CASE. Not once in history has this happened.

A2D

new topics

top topics

join