It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Hell really isn't bad?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yes, I know the bible says things such as you burn in hell if you do bad, actually I'm not sure because I haven't read the bible (I have far more better things to do with my life). But a couple days ago, I was greeted to this really hot girl who turned out to be a Satanist (surprisingly she wasn't goth at all, she dressed like a model would!!) and she was telling me that Satan was her hubby

I brought up the question, "What if hell really isn't a bad place at all and it's actually just the opposite of what we think it is?" Hell may have rules and punishments but I am GOD DAMNED SURE they got some mighty fine bacon down there

My friend now tells me that when she goes to Hell because she worships Satan, it's not gonna be as bad if you go to Hell for something really really bad you did. You could put it like this way: you have perks in Hell, if you worshipped Satan to begin with!

I may consider worshipping Satan, then I can sell my soul, be famous, AND STILL live a good afterlife in Hell after I start worshipping Satan!

Satan isn't that bad. If you watch Supernatural and observe the real angels, you can see that they do some pretty bad things.

What if Heaven is actually the bad place and Hell is the good place and the opposition is there to brainwash to MAKE people believe going to Heaven is good and Hell is bad (mmmmkayy??)

Does anybody know where I am trying to get with this? lol

EDIT: No I am not that serious about selling my soul, lol, but it is something of interesting to make pacts and stuff.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Skate because: EDIT

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
this existance might be hell...perks for the rich non for the poor..one mans junk is another mans treasure.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

I guess there's one way to find out.

Let us know how it works out for you...but I don't know if I'd personally trust the word of anyone who says Satan is their husband.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Skate

I guess there's one way to find out.

Let us know how it works out for you...but I don't know if I'd personally trust the word of anyone who says Satan is their husband.

Did I say I trusted her?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ok, I think I can see where you're going with this. So I'll try to keep it concise.
Let's assume that hell will exist (if it doesn't already) and that Satan rules there. (Scripture actually states that Satan will be one of the ones suffering in hell, nor ruling in it to be precise)
Why would you assume though that if Satan ruled there that he will be bound to reward you for your worship?
I mean, if he's the prince of darkness and pure evil, he knows no honour, no connection to you, no compassion, and certainly no empathy or sympathy.
You may show up there and still get the short end of the stick (let's now think about where! LOL)

I knew a Satanist once, he kept telling me how his faith is all about freedom to do as you please, but the Satanist ceremonies he described made my skin crawl, it was more about anger, rebellion, and open hatred of Christianity.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Eurgh I dated a guy who wanted to join the Church of Satan. He was so adamant about rebelling etc that I felt it seemed pointless to join a religion/cult based on walking the opposite side of life. That's all I saw it as.
I think people who revel in the fact that they're Satanist, are just as bad as the people who flaunt being Christian. It's not big, or clever, or shocking, and it makes you possibly 100% douchier for thinking it makes you special.

On topic. If Hell existed (and I'm pretty sure it was a Popes idea to begin with), I don't think it could be fathomed. It could be unique to anyone who goes there.
My person Hell would probably be being stuck in a room with someone I can't stand to be near when they eat, and be forced to watch them for all eternity
edit on 21-4-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Konstantinos

Thanks for this, friend...I'm in a sour mood this morning so didn't respond as I should have.

Milton's Paradise Lost saying "It is better to rule in Hell than serve in Heaven" gave a lot of people the wrong idea, I believe. Hell, as described by the christian bible (I'd be interested in seeing any doucmentation on other actual ideas/beliefs about hell, btw) is not a happy place by any means. It's a lake of fire.

Now, I will say I disagree with the usual christian view of the afterlife since my reading leads to me to believe that the 'unsaved' don't have eternal life in the first place - they're pitched into the lake and burn away in the second death.

Something to original poster might want to look into for some perspective on this would be NDEs (Near-death experiences). There's some debate over what exactly they mean/are, but there are some suggestive indicators that they might be more then biochemical weirdness at the time of physical death - and if so, so of the UNpleasant ones are very telling that his friend might have an incorrect view of what to expect.

Be well, all, and be blessed.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konstantinos
Ok, I think I can see where you're going with this. So I'll try to keep it concise.
Let's assume that hell will exist (if it doesn't already) and that Satan rules there. (Scripture actually states that Satan will be one of the ones suffering in hell, nor ruling in it to be precise)
Why would you assume though that if Satan ruled there that he will be bound to reward you for your worship?
I mean, if he's the prince of darkness and pure evil, he knows no honour, no connection to you, no compassion, and certainly no empathy or sympathy.
You may show up there and still get the short end of the stick (let's now think about where! LOL)

I knew a Satanist once, he kept telling me how his faith is all about freedom to do as you please, but the Satanist ceremonies he described made my skin crawl, it was more about anger, rebellion, and open hatred of Christianity.

When you said that stick joke, I immediately thought of the Adam Sandler movie Little Nicky

I didn't know Satan suffers in Hell as well! I think Satanism has some weird rituals to it and I probably would be too scared to even try taking part in one of them. Maybe Satan put that hot girl there to try to brainwash me into becoming Satanic! I caught you red-handed........literally

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

No sir, I was just speaking for myself there, but would definitely suggest applying a BIG grain of salt to any things along those lines.

You might see my reference to looking into NDEs on my other response to another poster - those reported by typically believer-types or those otherwise humble and 'holy' for lack of a better term are usually very beautiful and peaceful. Just food for thought - be careful here

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well if you consider the people who would go to heaven if the christian god was real and then you consider the type of people who would go to hell, if the christian god was real. I know where I would prefer (hint: it's hell)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Well if you consider the people who would go to heaven if the christian god was real and then you consider the type of people who would go to hell, if the christian god was real.

What you have to take into account there is that most of those people also aren't 'going to heaven' since they completely misrepresent the faith, honestly. Anyone actually living a christian lifestyle will be humble and helpful, and never judgemental.

I know where I would prefer (hint: it's hell)

That's not a hint, that's an answer!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Metaphors,

Metaphors everywhere.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
maybe it's just my opinion but I believe that we live in hell and when we die we leave

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by berilium

I can imagine someone in the less fortunate parts of the world agreeing whole-heartedly with that view point.

It's quite easy to understand why people willingly submit to religion if you bribe them with such promises if they do so submit (and such fears if they do not)
edit on 21/4/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Wait...did you just refer to actors/characters in a television show as "real angels"?

Trying to wrap my head around your thought process...
edit on 21-4-2011 by Aberinkula because: Added second line.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
ya, I know where you are going with this, you met a really hot girl, and want to impress her, and want to have something in common with her. Don't give into temptation my friend, plenty of fish in the sea, and ones who are actually good. Don't become a sell out. I don't necessarily believe in heaven or hell, god or satan specifically, but I do believe in good and evil, both are out there, and too much of each can be overpowering. All I'm sayin is be careful what you dabble in. Be her friend, thats cool, but do some actual research before you go jumping into the fire so to speak. Who knows, it might fit your alignment, and life path for all we know, but personally, I don't get down with evil, (fun to bed, not to wed
) Heck, you might even find out that she's the one who has been confused all along.
edit on 21/4/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

people hav to ask this question - Who knows whats good for u God (who created u ) or demons (who fell from grace and are waging war against God and mankind)..

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by atsmem1980

Good and Evil - Subjective
Right and Wrong - Subjective.

In society, law is subjective from state to state, country to country. Drinking age. It may be considered "wrong" to drink under the age of 21 in America whilst in Britain it could be considered "wrong" to drink under the age of 18.

Cannibalism, Racism - May be acceptable in some parts of the world, may not be in others - ROFL.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsmem1980

people hav to ask this question - Who knows whats good for u God (who created u ) or demons (who fell from grace and are waging war against God and mankind)..

But guess who opens the " bottomless pit " for the demons to wreck sh!t on the day of the return of the Lord. He himself.......oO.....Kinda weird, that religious folks seem to ignore that fact...Christ comes...sends a star with a key to earth and opens the " bottomless pit " ( hell ) out of which Locusts swarm the earth...
edit on 21-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by berilium
maybe it's just my opinion but I believe that we live in hell and when we die we leave

Hell on Earth

<<   2 >>

join