It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained noises and lights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I've seen a couple of posts which I now cannot find which reminded me of an event that happened about this time last year. The video I have linked isn't mine, but it does almost exactly portray what it was I heard. In the video description, the poster says that there was another person nearby and they didn't seem to hear it.

It was about 11.30pm, and I was going to bed.
After a while, I noticed that there was a noise. It didn't just start abruptly, I remember realising that there was this noise, and wondering how I hadn't heard it before since it was quite loud.
At first, I was pretty angry, thinking it was road works or something as it sounded a bit like a road drill, and then after throwing open a window, I realised it wasn't so much a road drill, as much as it sounded like a helicopter.
Panicking and thinking there might be someone drowning, as I live on a cliff over looking the sea, I tried looking out as far as I could to see whether there were search lights scouring the bay. It wouldn't have taken much, I would've been able to see the lights if there were any from my window.

However, I couldn't see anything. So I ran outside. It took a moment to figure out where about the noise was coming from in the sky, and when I realised where I was looking, I was shocked.
This noise has been heard by people all over the world, and they don't know the source.
The source of what I think was the same noise, was definitely a craft. But of what type, I can't say.

Coastal helicopters in the UK are like a mustard yellow colour. The road overlooking the bay is lined with street lights, I would have seen and recognised it if it was a helicopter.
All I can say about it was that it was a black mass. It was a clear night, I could see the stars, but this mass was blocking the star light out. It was indistinguishable. It's actually really frustrating trying to describe it because there was no feature I could pick out other than it was a mass of uncertain shape. If I had to liken it to anything, I would say it looked similar to a loaf of bakery bread in shape.
That's not the only frustrating thing.
The colour of the thing itself was only slightly darker than the colour of the night sky itself, which was how I managed to see it in the first place.

My partner and I were the only ones who had come out and try to find the source of the noise, and it didn't look to me that anyone was looking out of their windows to investigate either.
I felt suddenly really exposed and wanted to get indoors as quickly as possible, but just as I decided to go indoors, the shape drifted towards town and the noise very quickly dissipated into nothing, leaving only the sound of the waves.

The following morning, I filed as many sighting reports as I could online. When I went back a few days later to see whether I had any feedback on the experience, they posts had been removed.

I only wish I'd found this site sooner, I would've been ready with cameras and video recorders and pretty much anything to back up my claims. I know you get a lot of kooks and attention seekers on here, and the main mentality around here seems to be "Evidence or GTFO!"
However, I know many people on here have experienced this noise, but my main enquiry was whether anyone saw anything to go with the noise.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: fixing yt link

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Your YouTube link doesn't work!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Fixed!
edit on 21-4-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: fixed the link

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
That's interesting because I've seen a lot of these videos with the exact same sound on them, but I've never heard of anyone claiming to have seen anything. The main reason is because it's always overcast in the videos. That's amazing to hear you say that you at least went to investigate and actually saw something. I must say I'm jealous

S&F
edit on 21-4-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I heard something similar on monday night. I was awake, watching tv, around 2:30. It was a warm night. It began suddenly. I looked for a source.

And found it. They're removing tones and tones of sand and rocks to build a park and a subway station nearby (this is half a mile away) and they had a huge crane working overnight.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

My only regret was not documenting it. However, judging by the fact I couldn't properly see it but COULD if that makes sense, I doubt whether a camera would have picked up anything substantial.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
i already heard this sound
it was supposed to be recorded by russian scientists drilling a hole beneath the earth.
It was argued as sound of people screaming from hell. Millions of them i guests.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by errolan

In many accounts, this noise WAS coupled with the earth shaking/rumbling. However, I didn't feel anything to that effect.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Your turn of events sounds very interesting and believable but I would be interested to know a few more facts about the neighbourhood you reside in:

- Are there any busy roads such as highways, etc that may have contributed to this noise?
- Are you sure what you were seeing/hearing wasn't an army helicopter such as Chinook?
- Are there any airbases near you or small airports?

Taking into account the time you seen the object it would be highly unlikely that the noise would have been caused by a busy highway - unless it was really busy that evening. However, I'm currently thinking that what you see may have been a small cloud (yes, I know you said it was a clear night...) but when it is a clear night and you see an object which 'shouldn't be there' in your eyes you'll see it as being odd and possibly think its a UFO.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
Your turn of events sounds very interesting and believable but I would be interested to know a few more facts about the neighbourhood you reside in:

- Are there any busy roads such as highways, etc that may have contributed to this noise?
- Are you sure what you were seeing/hearing wasn't an army helicopter such as Chinook?
- Are there any airbases near you or small airports?

I don't live near any main roads at all. The nearest motorway is about 4/5 miles away.
A helicopter sounds like a helicopter. What I heard could have been a helicopter, if the helicopter had no rotor lol. It was like a cacaphony of sounds, like high peals of bells, roadworks, mixed with a deep rumble/roaring
No airbases or airports that I know of, and I've lived in this area for almost 25 years.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I swear I hear marching band music. Trumpets, cymbals, flutes etc... Listen closely. Can you hear it? Can you have ducting of loud band music?
edit on 21-4-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Interesting stuff! S+F

There have been many reports of this happening in the UK, though I believe you’re the first to report it happening along the coastline and seeing an object in the sky.

I have attached an image below for your consideration. It shows all RAF/USAF affiliated stations located in the UK. You can see there are a few near the coastline. If you can pin-point your location then we could get an idea of the closest base to you and see if they have had anything flying recently.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b995ca57dd3.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 21/4/11 by TrixXxtaR because: Image Link Correction.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If i heard wierd sounds like this and espessially (www.youtube.com...) i would have to get in the car and drive and find it.

i cant belive no body ever does, they just hang out the window for 10 minutes going "wtf is that" till its gone.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I've marked on here where it is roughly I live. As you can see, I don't live near any significant bases or anything.

I would've chased this thing down, weren't I in my pyjamas, had a car, and didn't have a little boy asleep in his bed lol.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: adding to post

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Having taken into account your estimated location on the map I did find that Norwich International Airport isn't too far from you as well as a few others. Granted, there are no planes or aircraft that look like a loaf of bread could it be plausible that what you seen was a balloon of some sort? There are also a number of other airports and airfields which would suggest that planes would be crossing over your location almost all the time. By no means am I trying to discredit your sighting but at the same time I'm doing my best to eliminate any thoughts that what you seen was an aircraft. I'm still skeptical but again, thanks for sharing your sighting.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I completely understand. The object wasn't moving at all until after about half an hour with this noise, then it kind of drifted away pretty quickly taking the noise with it.
It seemed pretty low, roughly 50ft/60ft from the ground, and rather dense. It was positioned above the bay so I couldn't get underneath it.
It was definitely strange, and being that I live on a cliff, I am now usually of an evening staring out to sea and watching the sky just in case lol

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

Once I get to 20 threads I'll tell you my story relating to a UFO in the UK which may or may not be related to yours.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hello,

From what I think to recognize, this could very well be thesound of two thrusters of a "Seaharrier" jet. A military aircraft of the VTOL type.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Royal Navy often exercised in the Welsh mountains, Scottish Highlands and near British shore. They had excellent camouflage as they could land right in the middle of woods and were very difficult to detect. Harriers can fly extremely low and also have the abillity to vertically climb from zero to well above cloudbase. Prior to take-off an engine 'warm up" period was required of 20-30 minutes.

But ... and here comes the weird part, the Harrier was disbanded in 2006. So far I know only France still uses a similar type of aircraft but The FAF, Force Arienne Francaise does not perform joined NATO exercises over UK airspace. They "work" autonomous above the Channel (Islands) and France or come from aircraft carriers that cross the Atlantic Ocean. I have never seen them this far North.

So what is it. I still think that it is some kind of VTOL aircraft as I am convinced that a UFO does not make that much noise. They have technology / engines far superior to ours and I strongly doubt that they use liquid fuel.

Greetz,

Sander
(Former Dutch Royal Airforce)

edit on 21-4-2011 by 1967sander because: edit url

edit on 21-4-2011 by 1967sander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dastardly666

I'm always interested to read UK UFO stories

I'm not saying definitively that it was, no questions asked a true UFO, I'm just relating my experience with this noise people keep hearing with what I saw, but you could indeed be correct

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I heard it and DID get in the car and drive around thinking something was going on. There was nothing. No construction...nothing. It lasted for about 45 minutes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join