It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncovered Memo: JFK Demanded UFO Files 10 Days Before His Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76b22fa64734.jpg[/atsimg]
The following is my retype of the JFK memo, I was able to make out about 98% of the words when I enlarged the low-quality photo... here is the transcript:

MEMORANDUM FOR:
The Director (blacked out classified), CIA

SUBJECT: Classification of all UFO intelligence files affecting National Security.

As I had discussed with you previously, I have initiated (blacked out classified) and have instructed James Webb to develop a program with the Soviet Union in joint space and lunar exploration. It would be very helpful if you would have the high threat cases reviewed with the purpose of identification of bona fide as opposed to classified CIA and USAF sources. It is important that we make a clear distinction (unintelligible word here) the knowns and unknowns in the event the Soviets try to mistake our extended cooperation as a cover for intelligence gathering of their defense and space programs.

When this data has been sorted out, I would like you to arrange a program of data sharing with NASA where Unknowns are a factor. This will help NASA mission directors in their defensive responsibilities.

I would like an interim report on the data review no later than FEB 1, 1964.
Signed : John F. Kennedy

Some pertinent info....
The CIA Director at the time, and the person I believe this memo was sent to, was John McCone: CIA Director from 1961–1965.
Info about McCone:

Most importantly, he was chairman of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (1958 - 1961) and Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) (1961 - 1965).
The person James Webb mentioned in the memo was NASA director at the time.

He was a key figure in the Executive Committee of the National Security Council (EXCOMM) during the October 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

MAIN STORY:
www.dailymail.co.uk : Was JFK killed because of his interest in aliens? Secret memo shows president demanded UFO files 10 days before death.

An uncovered letter written by John F Kennedy to the head of the CIA shows that the president demanded to be shown highly confidential documents about UFOs 10 days before his assassination.

The secret memo is one of two letters written by JFK asking for information about the paranormal on November 12 1963, which have been released by the CIA for the first time.

Author William Lester said the CIA released the documents to him under the Freedom of Information Act after he made a request while researching his new book 'A Celebration of Freedom: JFK and the New Frontier.'

edit on (4/19/11) by AllSeeingI because: format

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Is this like the FBI files that are "just now released"?

Maybe the actual document has been released, but its contents (JFK wanting to see UFO files 10 days before he was killed) has been known for many many years now.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Is this like the FBI files that are "just now released"?

Maybe the actual document has been released, but its contents (JFK wanting to see UFO files 10 days before he was killed) has been known for many many years now.

As I tried to post on the Daily Mail website earlier, the actual document was released many years ago. The lack of basic fact checking in relation to UFO stories is pretty shocking.

I stated the following on the existing thread I mentioned above:

The Daily Mail article says:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The secret memo is one of two letters written by JFK asking for information about the paranormal on November 12 1963, which have been released by the CIA for the first time.

Why do newspapers keep reporting old UFO documents as without released "for the first time" without bothering to try to check? It would not take a great deal of effort for them to do a basic check. If they looked at the document and put a few words from it into Google, say "with the Soviet Union in joint space and lunar", they could at least see if it was already on the Internet. Have a look at a few of the results of such a search. Articles have been written about this memo for years.

Edit : I've just registered on the Daily Mail website and posted a comment there along the lines of the above question. I'll see later if it gets displayed and/or answered.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Coorect me if i'm wrong, but i thought he was shot because he tryed to take the power to print money away from the FED?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
The lack of basic fact checking in relation to UFO stories is pretty shocking.

Many years ago I was a member of a local UFO "research society".
The thing you state is the reason I didnt bother renewing my membership at the end of the year. It was abundantly clear that all they were interested in doing was collecting as many stories as possible, and EVERYTHING as accepted at face value as real evidence for alien spacecraft.
Any "research" was as simple as blowing up a blurry image as much as possible and staring in awe at its alienness.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

post by IsaacKoi
Why do newspapers keep reporting old UFO documents as without released "for the first time" without bothering to try to check?

What..... A Tabloid paper misleading their readers

They can't let the truth get in the way of a good story Isaac

edit on 19-4-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Sounds to me like you should have taken the lead in establishing proper research methods and procedures, instead of just walking away? If this was a grass roots level group it should have been more easy to initiate such, though I appreciate that small society politics can be major obstacles to effective change within an organisation...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Original Thread Here

Closing Duplicate

Semper

top topics

join