It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Dolphin Deaths...federal practices makoing it harder to investigate....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I guess if the governmaent wants to make sure that the public doesnt know what they dont want them to know then its easy enough to take control of te situation so the real reasons for the deaths stay under wraps...even though I know that most already have a good idea of why the dolphins have been washing ashore since last may...just happensto be the month after the BP OIL BS....

(Reuters) - A federal agency's practice of returning weakened dolphins to deeper Gulf of Mexico waters is thwarting efforts to probe dolphin deaths after last year's BP oil spill, scientists said on Saturday.

Researchers said weakened and stranded dolphins should instead be rescued and tested.Moby Solangi, director for the Institute of Marine Mammal Studies in Mississippi, said returning the dolphins to deeper waters also was undermining efforts to determine who is responsible for the rash of sea animal deaths in Gulf waters."We are not able to conduct necropsies on these animals any more either," Solangi said. "This is all because of the BP criminal investigation."

Meanwhile, wildlife biologists contracted by the National Marine Fisheries Service to document spikes in dolphin mortality and to collect specimens and tissue samples for the NOAA were quietly ordered in late February to keep their findings confidential.

"It would be a good idea to test a stranded dolphin, but I guess someone has to worry about the cost of taking the animal to a rehabilitation facility," Peterson said.

LINK TO ARTICLE
edit on 17-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I know this like other disasters seems to become old news after only a short period of time, i mean we have not even been through one full cycle since it happened and we are just beginning to see the short term affects and what we may begin to see in the mid and long term.

It is so hard to be a conscious being of light in a collapsing world where humanity, humans are being held responsible for the despicable acts of the few.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I know this like other disasters seems to become old news after only a short period of time, i mean we have not even been through one full cycle since it happened and we are just beginning to see the short term affects and what we may begin to see in the mid and long term.

It is so hard to be a conscious being of light in a collapsing world where humanity, humans are being held responsible for the despicable acts of the few.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It's all so obvious that it makes me wonder how people CAN NOT see what's going on, and how things are related.

Maybe there's something to the theory that we're all being drugged. There's just no other excuse I can think of.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Damn you to hell BP!

We will be seeing the effects of this spill for decades, just ask anyone in Alaska.

I am not up to date with the specifics, but I wonder if they used corexit during the Exxon Valdez spill. If not, then this gulf spill definitely has potential to cause even worse long term effects.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Gulf sealife continues to be poisoned.

I saw an article (on another site) accusing BP of injecting Corexit underwater at the leaking well site. This is still going on, since the fractures are still leaking (according to this long article) which BP denies (of course). The explosion of the oil rig fractured the floor of the Gulf. BP has tried injecting a special type of concrete to stop the leaking, but this is not a permanent fix and the oil keeps leaking out.

BP & our government have not been honest about the extent of the damage -- and they continue to lie to the public. Some scientists & environmentalists know just how horrible the damage is and how horrible the future of the Gulf will be.

If I had more time, I'd start a thread using the article as the basis. But most people are bored with the topic. Or maybe they just don't want to know the truth -- it's too disturbing.

What they have done (and continue to do) to the sealife is sickening beyond words. Not to mention the destruction of human societies/cultures around the Gulf that depend on a clean Gulf and healthy sealife.

I'm fairly certain we are seeing only the beginning of this Gulf tragedy.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
i think its so ssad to think of all these poor animals that have dis because of bp...they need to be punished alot more than the little they got

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Check to see if they are impregnated with that sick bastard's kid. You know the guy who had sex with a dolphin??

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Baby Dolphins Found Dead on Gulf Coast
abcnews.go.com...

The relation between the oil spill and the dolphin deaths could be direct or indirect. The dolphin mothers may have ingested heavy metals in the oil or the chemicals used to disperse the oil, Solangi said. Or the oil eating bacteria that flourished during the summer may have caused an imbalance in the animals' guts, causing bacterial infections that may have caused the mothers to abort the calves.

new topics

top topics

join