It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation, chakras, kundalini, chi energy....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hi all,
I'm after some information about the so called kundalini experience, is there any correlation between this Indian yogic experience and chinese chi energy experience , both systems obviously rely on some system of human spiritual energy but use different terms to describe these states of energy transfer throughout the body, is there a correlation between the indian kundalini experience and any form of chi energy experience in the chinese philosophy?
Or is there any other explanation scientific or otherwise for this experience besides the indian yogic explanation...?
Take for granted due to the amount of people who have experienced this that this is an actual physical /spiritual experience in your answers for the sake of this question.
Any replies are appreciated.
Thanks

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankinmouse

if i were you i would not mess around with that new age garbage , i used to when i was an atheiest 12 yrs ago and it never worked or had any power, once i got holy spirit filled the true living GOD showed up and has been performing miracels all the time, these so called acended master are fallen angels and they posses people who call upon them and invite them in, and if you can read some of the book of encoh they still use the same names they had when the LORD kicked them out of heaven, your playing with your soul and you dont want to burn, i had to get delivered from one of these evil spirits and it dosent feel good when they come out!!!! i PRAISE JESUS that the bible is true and if we call on him he will set us free and make us partakers in the kingdom of light, PLEASE LISTEN!!!!! let your spirit decern to you that what im saying is the truth the devil disguises him self as angels of light and these new agers get very possesed with what they call channeling, its very sad becuse they claim to be of LOVE, LIGHT and CHRIST, but it is a trick to get you to open up your soul and invite them in!!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Please ignore yahwehsprincess' comments. It is unfortunate that so many twist the word of the good book and use it for hate and bigotry. hey yahwehsprincess, if you are so much about love and understanding, then why do you feel that you know the one true path? I believe any "ascended masters" you talk of would tell you, all roads lead to the great creator. You will eventually end up in the great oneness, or "heaven" eventually...its just going to take you longer if you keep being so judgemental.

OP, you might want to look into out of body experiences as well. I certainly believe "kundalini" is basically the same concept of "chi"...i find it amazing that the eastern half of the world understands we have a spiritual power, whereas the western world discounts it completely. The bible also speaks of this energy, but in the western world, its meaning have been lost or hidden for centuries.

start with meditation, and look into sleep paralysis and out of body experiences. you can find a free hemi-sync track by searching google for "boxed nirvana". this is a meditation aid that helps put your brainwaves in the correct state. about this time last year, i began to look into these things with curiousity, as you are, and it led me to study these things. i started to meditate, and found that alot of things that i found weird were common occurences...hearing loud cracking noises as i feel asleep, sleep paralysis and dreams of not being able to breathe (symptom of sleep paralysis) that you can "get out of" by taking long slow breaths. feelings of vibrations and seeing flashing light as i meditated or drifted off to sleep. all of these things are symptoms, we can all do it, it is our birthright.

you might also want to look into the law of attraction...skyfloating, who is a moderator here, has a great thread on it, even though i disagree with most of skyfloatings personal opinions. all of these things are related, and born into us. we are all energy, living in a fairly low level of incarnation. once we "purify" our energy here, we can "graduate". this i am positive of, after much research from various religious and spiritual texts through history.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'd like a straight answer on this myself. I think Qi is different. I haven't heard Qi practices refer to a rising serpent at the base of the spine. I have seen the term "running fire" which might be similar and to which Qi Gong masters advise against or begin grounding exercises to calm. I'd rather leave the serpent alone.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
I'd like a straight answer on this myself. I think Qi is different. I haven't heard Qi practices refer to a rising serpent at the base of the spine. I have seen the term "running fire" which might be similar and to which Qi Gong masters advise against or begin grounding exercises to calm. I'd rather leave the serpent alone.

the "serpent" is the uncoiling of energy that flows up your spine, it is not some negative evil serpent spirit that controls your mind from your spine.

The names are many, but we are all human, we all have the same "power" and ability. It doesnt matter if it called Kundalini or Qi Gong or Chi or Soul or Life Force. It is all the same thing, unless you believe that human spirituality is different for each of the "different races", which (in my opinion) is complete silliness.

If you would "rather leave the serpent alone", then you are missing the idea completely. "The sperpent" is just a name.
edit on 17-4-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankinmouse

Its my understanding that Indian yogi’s try to forcibly move chi (prana) from the base of the spine to the crown of the head in an attempt to move that energy out of the physical body, it’s a one shot deal and can cause problems (this is a gross simplification but its about right)

Taoists add a step, they have a return path for the energy down the front of the body so the chi is sent around the body in a circuit until a point comes in the training when that energy can be gently move out of the crown chakra and later drawn back again – this is thought to be a less damaging system by the Taoists

One more thing I find interesting – this is just a guess but:

I think this

is basically this

this second link is the circuit used in the Taoists system

edit to add the first link is to the "tree of life" used in western esoteric systems)
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17-4-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

I have researched and read, and experienced certain - "things" - I am not sure I am ready to rise my kundalini at this point. I do not know how to respond to some of your other comments other to tell you I study anthropology as a hobby. India, and its wonderful arts and healing are very complex - and to me seem almost overwhelming in their complexity. Maybe because I have never wiggled those particular brain receptors enough and my western brain struggles.

Other methods or spritiual ideas seem to flow more easily for me although I still work to understand the broader scope and so much originates in India - personally I DO decearn differences in practice and this might just be due to my own personal background. I found Qi Gong to be quite unique and not at all the same as other methods. Qi Gong for me was something very unique and to this point unmatched - for me, I studied for a brief time under the "real deal" though - not just some Y class. I find the response I am now having in Birkrim Yoga to also be unique, nice very nice but nothing like Qi Gong. For me they are not the same, but again notice the key word in that statement: for me.

edit on 18-4-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: clarity

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
They are the same energy....With the Chinese approach, it strips all religious connotations. I experience them. Is physical. You feel heat, see lights, and feel the pulsing of your Chakras along your spinal cord. Sometimes, your other energy points will pulse too. I don't believe science is advance enough to systemically reproduce these experiences. Don't expect to grab a stranger off the street and expecting him or her to generate Chi energy.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone

Other methods or spritiual ideas seem to flow more easily for me although I still work to understand the broader scope and so much originates in India - personally I DO decearn differences in practice and this might just be due to my own personal background. I found Qi Gong to be quite unique and not at all the same as other methods. Qi Gong for me was something very unique and to this point unmatched - for me, I studied for a brief time under the "real deal" though - not just some Y class. I find the response I am now having in Birkrim Yoga to also be unique, nice very nice but nothing like Qi Gong. For me they are not the same, but again notice the key word in that statement: for me.

edit on 18-4-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: clarity

The techniques are different, and have different names. The energy within all of us is the same.
If you feel comfortable with one particular method, that is perfectly fine, that means it works good for you and is comfortable.
But the energy tapped is the same, no matter the practice.
Its like sports....football, basketball or hockey all use different skill sets, but they are all sports, and the end result is an athletic body.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I also had same experience that you had like cannot able to breath in my dream..
Etc....but now I am up to do the out body thing....butbonly feeling when I am doing it is that something get coordinated in between my eye brows.....still trying to figure it out.....can you help on that..

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yes it is the same energy being referenced, just different approaches and techniques. Indian chakras = Taoist Dan tien and so on. The eastern systems have all influenced each other over the years, its tricky to figure out where different ideas come from.

These ideas do exist in the west, they are just hidden, or Occult. Christianity put a lot of effort into convincing people that this sort of personally liberating spiritual knowledge is satanic.

If you meditate to the point where you can circulate your energy around your meridian channels, it will likely be one of the most profound experiences of your life.

top topics

join