It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When TSHTF...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Make sure you remember that YOU let it happen. You were given several decades to stand up and say something, but you didn't. Instead everyone sat by as their rights were slowly chipped away, and now all that is left is the illusion of freedom.

Even the people who knew what the government was up to never did anything about it.

From what I read in books and from what my parents and grandparents tell me America used to be about community. What happened? When did greed and ego take control? I was born into s#!t, and over the past 18 years of my life have witnessed go from bad to worse. To the point where it's hard for me not to understand the globalist ideology.

You have forgotten what it means to be a good person. Being a good person doesn't mean not doing anything considered bad, it means working to better yourself and the world as a whole. Through self reflection, and acts of kindness. If people consistently did that do realize the potential for our civiliztion? About 5% of people are 'good' 5% are 'bad', and 90% just doesn't care about anything unless it directly effects their life, which to me is just as bad as being a 'bad' person

This is what I see:

WASHINGTON, D.C. – With technology allowing nearly 24-hour media access as children and teens go about their daily lives, the amount of time young people spend with entertainment media has risen dramatically, especially among minority youth, according to a study released today by the Kaiser Family Foundation. Today, 8-18 year-olds devote an average of 7 hours and 38 minutes (7:38) to using entertainment media across a typical day (more than 53 hours a week). And because they spend so much of that time ‘media multitasking’ (using more than one medium at a time), they actually manage to pack a total of 10 hours and 45 minutes (10:45) worth of media content into those 7½ hours.

Source

That's a 1/3 of my generations lives being wasted on media, that teaches them social statuses, and encourages drugs, sex, and rebellion. Adults aren't much better they spend a 1/4 of their lives with media. You combine that with the 1/3 of your life you're sleeping, and the 1/3 of your life spent working or at school and you can see that the 'average' person really doesn't do much living at all.

‘According to a national study, 91% of people lie on a regular basis, and in reality the other 9% were probably lying.

Source

If there was a statistic for whether people say more good or bad things about others how do you think that would look? Don't think to hard.

I don't need a bunch of statistics though to tell you what you already know as fact. When will the massive warping of our soceity be noticed? Or do you even care?

It probably doesn't matter anymore because it's too late, you've been cornered. You had your chance.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

Sheesh! Glad I don't live in your world.

If you are so negative about life and in particular what you (wrongly) think other people think, then all you have is negativity.

Here, the sun shines, friends are usually happy, problems are challenges and doom and gloom are often easily defeated.

It's a big world out here and not just what follows you around personally. Sure, there's crap out there, but there's also good stuff too and people who DO make things better.

You do not know me, know how I think or what actions I take to shape my life so please don't presume you know by ranting your presumtions at me.

Thanks.....and cheers up.

ps...not everyone is American.
edit on 17/4/2011 by nerbot because: added ps

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackStar99
Make sure you remember that YOU let it happen. You were given several decades to stand up and say something,

And what exactly have you done to change things?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Sheesh! Glad I don't live in your world.

If you are so negative about life and in particular what you (wrongly) think other people think, then all you have is negativity.

I'm a happy person, but that doesn't mean I can't be realistic. I'm not 'wrong' because if I was I wouldn't feel the need to say anything, because there wouldn't be war. there wouldn't be greed, and there wouldn't be ego at the extremes they're at today.

Here, the sun shines, friends are usually happy, problems are challenges and doom and gloom are often easily defeated.

It's a big world out here and not just what follows you around personally. Sure, there's crap out there, but there's also good stuff too and people who DO make things better.

I'm not saying there isn't good, but the bad far far far far far outweighs the good.

You do not know me, know how I think or what actions I take to shape my life so please don't presume you know by ranting your presumtions at me.

How was that directed at 'you'? It was to the collective.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli
What sits in the corner and gets smaller by the minute?

An emo kid with a potato peeler.

Thanks for demonstrating my point.

edit on 17-4-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mathoryn

Make sure you remember that YOU let it happen. You were given several decades to stand up and say something,

I work to better myself each day, volunteer every week, own a chain of non-profits, and am continually outlining my plan to shape soceity for the better

You?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Welcome to "the world"
"mr, happy";
you can bitch about it or make a positive impact for someone.
NATURE IS NETHER FOR YOU NOR AGAINST YOU ITJUST "IS".
human beings have faults : thanks for noticing. Sorry the world didn't "tidy up aroundtheplace " because you were born.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Just tryin to cheer you up.
So now that the Ice is broken, what do you want to do about this problem?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

human beings have faults

I never said they didn't, but maybe just maybe the lesson of life is to work to correct those faults... Or at least try, but I don't even see the collective trying.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mathoryn

I work to better myself each day, volunteer every week, own a chain of non-profits, and am continually outlining my plan to shape soceity for the better

You?

And of course you have proof of all of this right? because i would absolutelly love to see your plan for shaping society for the better.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If you're only 18 then I must say you're unusual for your emphasis on family and community, something many seem to think are "archaic" values.
Neither can go out of style in my book, they're absolutely essential for raising children into sane, healthy adults.
As much as I dislike organized religion their emphasis on family is one thing I applaud them for.
The government and the entertainment industry have been working hard to destroy the family IMO. The welfare state raises children to believe someone else owes them a living since it's all they've ever known and we encourage that by paying teenagers to have babies. Of course opportunities are slim, free trade agreements have destroyed domestic industry and sent our jobs overseas. The only winners in that are the investors who don't care where the money goes to as long as they get a bigger cut.
The only bright side to this is it can only go on so far before our currency and economy collapse. Then maybe we can take out the trash and start over. I'm afraid that's the way it is my friend and you and my children as well as my grandchildren will have to deal with it.

Before you go sparking off about what others haven't done let me ask you how many protests have you marched in? How many times have you been arrested for it? How many teeth have you had kicked out and bones broken by steroid-enhanced apes in blue uniforms?
I started and ran a 501C3 Arts organization, been president of a neighborhood association with over 300 families, worked for independent State Senate campaigns and had the KKK threaten to kill me. I've done volunteer work for nature centers and community art programs and even though I have little money I've donated freely to many causes I believe in including my personal art collection to help a struggling internet radio station
I've also never kept my mouth shut when I thought I was being lied to or manipulated.

I don't make a habit out of telling people what I've done because my parents taught me to try to be humble.
Other people do the same and give constantly even though you aren't aware of it.
People doing positive things don't get news coverage but every crackhead that commits murder to feed their drug habit does. The media has sold you one more lie - that few people care enough to do anything - and you bought it. That is completely understandable because how could you have known?

By accusing others of not caring you help to perpetuate a lie that the PTB want you keep telling.
Be careful what you say, others might believe you.

What say we start a new lie for a good cause? - that most people do good things for others.
Who knows, it might even catch on.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
18 and already complaining about the shape the world is in. Actually I'm laughing at you right now. Guess what boy, the world has always been like that. Many of us who were here loooong before you, found that out a long time ago. Guess what we did ? We sucked it up and got on with our lives. We grew a pair and changed what we could.However whining about was not an option for earlier generations. Most of us didn't have the easy life you kids have today.

Got a cell phone? Well we didn't have those. Our phones were big and clunky, and were attached to the wall by a wire. Got a computer? I suppose you do cause you are on this site. Well we didn't have those. Got a television? We had radio or if you were lucky somebody in your neighborhood had a tiny black and white tv.

Know what, do what my generation did, grow a pair and learn something and maybe just maybe you can make a difference in this mess of a world. And good lord quit whining.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
18 and already complaining about the shape the world is in. Actually I'm laughing at you right now. Guess what boy, the world has always been like that. Many of us who were here loooong before you, found that out a long time ago. Guess what we did ? We sucked it up and got on with our lives. We grew a pair and changed what we could.However whining about was not an option for earlier generations. Most of us didn't have the easy life you kids have today.

Got a cell phone? Well we didn't have those. Our phones were big and clunky, and were attached to the wall by a wire. Got a computer? I suppose you do cause you are on this site. Well we didn't have those. Got a television? We had radio or if you were lucky somebody in your neighborhood had a tiny black and white tv.

Know what, do what my generation did, grow a pair and learn something and maybe just maybe you can make a difference in this mess of a world. And good lord quit whining.

You're right, obviously the best solution is to just ignore it. So I'm done.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Other people do the same and give constantly even though you aren't aware of it.
People doing positive things don't get news coverage but every crackhead that commits murder to feed their drug habit does. The media has sold you one more lie - that few people care enough to do anything - and you bought it. That is completely understandable because how could you have known?

By accusing others of not caring you help to perpetuate a lie that the PTB want you keep telling.
Be careful what you say, others might believe you.

Absolutely.. QFT.
Sorry for the one liner.. it seemed this needed to be highlighted because you hit the nail on the head. This BS negativity lie fosters a feeling of hopelessness.. just what makes you easy to control.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Make sure you remember that YOU let it happen. You were given several decades to stand up and say something, but you didn't. Instead everyone sat by as their rights were slowly chipped away, and now all that is left is the illusion of freedom.

It appears that you dont recall the many false flags for "TEOTWAWKI" that some of us "older" folks have lived thru, such as "The Harmonic Convergence", "YKK" etc...
Perhaps as a result of these "false flags" we are bit more skeptical, jaded, whatever you want to call it.
Just when we thought we had the "goods" on something to show the world, it has been "debunked" on sometimes the thinnest of premises, coincidences. Like trying to catch a greased pig before an audience of blind people. ( Hows that for an analogy!
)

It seems you arent old enough to have been exposed to the "conditioning" that the more elder group, that have been watching all of this, all along, and are here trying to sift the whisper of truth from all the noise that gets louder each day.
And this is to your benefit.

Even the people who knew what the government was up to never did anything about it.

From what I read in books and from what my parents and grandparents tell me America used to be about community. What happened? When did greed and ego take control? I was born into s#!t, and over the past 18 years of my life have witnessed go from bad to worse. To the point where it's hard for me not to understand the globalist ideology.

You have forgotten what it means to be a good person. Being a good person doesn't mean not doing anything considered bad, it means working to better yourself and the world as a whole. Through self reflection, and acts of kindness. If people consistently did that do realize the potential for our civiliztion? About 5% of people are 'good' 5% are 'bad', and 90% just doesn't care about anything unless it directly effects their life, which to me is just as bad as being a 'bad' person

America still is about community...in the metro areas, not so much...but if you go into the small communities of America, you will see that it is VERY MUCH about community. You will also see very few people in those small communities on welfare, etc... We take care of each other.

Greed and ego are part of the Human Condition, and you will never escape the effects of these 2 qualities completely, no matter where you go.
Even primitive tribes untouched by civilization have aspects of greed and ego... The best wife, the strongest children, the most male offspring, the biggest forehead, whatever is most valued by their particular culture... and that person is usually granted chief status.

It is when you get a LARGE group of people driven by Greed and Ego together in 1 place that it truly gets ugly...(Metro Areas). Everyone wants to be "Chief" and many will do anything, whatever it takes to get there.

Most of us here on ATS are struggling to work on bettering ourselves and our understanding of our world around us.
As far as the 90%, they are prisoners of years of brainwashing and "going with the Program" because it is ingrained into our society that to have more than/the most...is success. And TPTB have done all they can to give the masses just enough of a taste of pleasure and ease the get everyone on board.

It is our challenge to wake them up. You are only now becoming aware of just how daunting a task that is.

This is what I see:

WASHINGTON, D.C. – With technology allowing nearly 24-hour media access as children and teens go about their daily lives, the amount of time young people spend with entertainment media has risen dramatically, especially among minority youth, according to a study released today by the Kaiser Family Foundation. Today, 8-18 year-olds devote an average of 7 hours and 38 minutes (7:38) to using entertainment media across a typical day (more than 53 hours a week). And because they spend so much of that time ‘media multitasking’ (using more than one medium at a time), they actually manage to pack a total of 10 hours and 45 minutes (10:45) worth of media content into those 7½ hours.

Source

That's a 1/3 of my generations lives being wasted on media, that teaches them social statuses, and encourages drugs, sex, and rebellion. Adults aren't much better they spend a 1/4 of their lives with media. You combine that with the 1/3 of your life you're sleeping, and the 1/3 of your life spent working or at school and you can see that the 'average' person really doesn't do much living at all.

‘According to a national study, 91% of people lie on a regular basis, and in reality the other 9% were probably lying.

Source

If there was a statistic for whether people say more good or bad things about others how do you think that would look? Don't think to hard.

I don't need a bunch of statistics though to tell you what you already know as fact. When will the massive warping of our soceity be noticed? Or do you even care?

It probably doesn't matter anymore because it's too late, you've been cornered. You had your chance.

So, you are buying into a published survey claiming that everyone lies...you actually needed a survey to tell you that? All that survey is doing is further conditioning you to see others as "untrustworthy", a blatant attempt to divide us.

Pay attention, young jedi, for you now carry the torch along with the rest of us in our endeavor to wake up the masses and deny ignorance.

Peace
edit on 17-4-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I'm not 'wrong' ......

snip

.......How was that directed at 'you'? It was to the collective.

You missed the whole point of my reply.

You are wrong because you can never truly "know" what anyone else is thinking and to try and lump everyone together as a collective and then go on to give your opinion on what they do, think, behave etc is naive and shows a great lack of acceptance for the individual.

This way of thinking prevents you from being open to each new person you meet or speak to and lays down presumptions that create the negative world around you. Life can be a mirror and if all you see is bad stuff that's all you get in return.

It's a vicious circle but easy to break once you welcome each new mind with a blank slate and treat them as you would like to be treated yourself.

I understand what you're trying to say, but I am not one of your "collective", none of us are unless we all act together.

We don't, especially here. Take the time to see past the haze of generalisation.

cheers.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

You're right, obviously the best solution is to just ignore it. So I'm done.

You want to learn something and go out and change what you don't like about the world? You have my respect and support. I will also throw in my admiration as well if you can actually do some good. Don't give up yet, You have a lot of living and learning to do yet. I wish you all the luck in the world.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Your generation (but only the ones like you) are the ones I wish would just die already. You don't seem to realize that the newer generations have it much worse... not 'despite of' but 'due to' exactly the things you state above. You grew a pair... as a result, your brain shrank and as a result, you now take it in the a$$.

Thanks for that.
edit on 17-4-2011 by darius2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by darius2025

I'll die as soon as your generation starts the next usless war.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join