It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the Induction Magnetometer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Ever since the Japanese earthquake, I've taken notice of evidence that the Induction Magnetometer may be able to sense an oncoming earthquake. It wasn't long afterward that the HAARP website went down. Now I can't even pick up a hit on google for alaska.haarp.edu. My question isn't so much about the Induction Magnetometer, but whether there is a device similar to it that has been shown to "sense" when an earthquake will occur?
edit on 17-4-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here are a couple of articles that show with careful monitoring of the ionosphere earthquakes can be predicted in the short term, about 5-11 days.

downloads.hindawi.com/journals/ijgp/2011/763527.pdf

tao.cgu.org.tw...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The only connection I have ever heard of is that tension between plates puts stress on quartz within the crust. This creates a voltage potential via the piezoelectric effect - which could theoretically influence the ionosphere.

However, it would be impossible to work in reverse (the notion that, somehow, HAARP causes earthquakes is quite popular here, but also quite silly).

The Piezoelectric Effect: www.tech-faq.com...

www.madsci.org... - a response to an inquiry about piezoelectric effects and their role in geology.

books.google.com... JOUZAdla0KBM&hl=en&ei=k0yrTaiRE8GM0QGqoIz5CA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCwQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=quartz%20piezoelectric%20earthquakes&f =false

I'm hoping that link works - it should jump you straight to a section in an e-book that talks about the electromagnetic phenomena associated with earthquakes.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thanks everyone, I never though HAARP was causing earthquakes but may have stumbled on some observations that might foretell said event. I basically caught it just as it disappeared. I'll check out the links.

new topics

top topics

join