It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Game Over ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I just entered something into deep, it gave me..

the final ring has been claimed ???

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
the final ring has been claimed ???

Wow, what? That was surely quick! Well, whoever won the ring.... CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Where did you find it at?

[edit on 27-7-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Huh? Aey? Wha? It cant be its way too early for anything like this. I cant believe that the admins have released all the clues or have even finished all the stuff for this ring. As I understand it the continually plan for the current task as people are doing it, they just stay a few steps ahead. What did you come up with for the illusion clue and where did you find the ring? If you have already entered the address into deep then the game is over anyway.

(In his best Dave Chappelle voice) " Call dat fool and tell him to get his behind back over here, fo I slap somebody"

[edit on 7/27/04 by Star_and_Crescent]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Might confirm my theory, that finding the rings isn't the end of the hunt.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Elevatedone, what did you enter? I don't get that message.

Star_and_Crescent, you're right that it is the standard method in ARGs to keep adding a few steps ahead of the players instead of uploading everything at once. This stops coincidental finds and leaks / hackers from releaving too much of the game.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Might confirm my theory, that finding the rings isn't the end of the hunt.

No, even the FTR says that it isn't the end of the game. Apart from the ring prizes there is also a grand prize:

Grand Prize: A final grand prize is awarded to the four who posses the rings and decode the inscriptions. You must be 18 years old or older at the time you claim the grand prize to be eligible.

[edit on 27-7-2004 by amantine]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Right but the grand prize is only open to those who find a ring. Im willing to bet that we wont know anything about the final hunt until its over. It would be nice if they allowed us to split into teams to help them out though. That would be fun cause then the person who did win the grand prize would have to buy beer for everyone on the team!

BTW has anyone made any progress on the illusion clue? Im still stumped after entering all the urls and image names/numbers into deep.

[edit on 7/27/04 by Star_and_Crescent]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What if the final ring has been claimed by one of the bad guys?? Huh? Huh?
That would explain such an early find. It would be cool to play a sort of FTR version of Where in the world is "insert nefarious players name here"?
Just my thoughts.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It is to the credit of this community that the fourth ring has been secured, far as we can tell at this point, by one of our members and not the dreaded opposition. The speed in which you foiled the plans of the opposition was stunning to say the least.

Confirmation should be complete this afternoon (USA) and a formal announcement will be made.

Congratulations to all who participated. Stay tuned the Grand Prize and all it entails awaits post hoc.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
WOW, FAST AND FURIOUS......

That was amazing..... Elevatedone, if you did not win it, then it must have been a close second...... GREAT JOB!

I cannot wait to hear how this was found!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Wow, say it aint so!

(I was still taking my customary break between phases!
)

Congrats to the confirmed winner though!

[edit on 27-7-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
NOOOOOOOO!!!
It cant be over
My dreams of finding a ring are dashed...

Anyway, congrats to whoever found it, I hope it was one of you vets out there who have been digging since day one, PerdueNuc, Amantine, Zodd, etc. Great job, that was blazing.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Congratulations to the winner. I would be very interested to hear how this ring was found. I hope we still get some more storyline. I want to know what happened to Cerberus and Cromeline.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Bummer, that was just way to fast!! Congrats to the winner.
At least I can say I helped. Good luck to the four in the next part of your journey. I hope we get to help with that too. I love puzzles.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Aye, CONGRATULATIONS.

Hopefully the New Captain of Enlightment will post soon. I too would like to find out the logic path that led to the final ring.

Again. Congratulations.

Phaethor

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Did anyone get past the illusion clue? I am staggered at how fast this ended. The voices are telling me there has to be a catch somewhere here... I am holding out that they will pop up this afternoon and tell everyone that the ring was clamed by -5- or something and we have to track him down. (Fingers are crossed)

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
what time did you find it? Just want to know if I beat you
I found it at about 7am EST

edited to add -- obviously I'm not the winner but I hope I was a close second at least

[edit on 27-7-2004 by justme1640]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
After being a silet observer for so long , I hope it was PurdueNuc who found it , still a bit more to come I am sure .

Hope they write a book on how this all went down , or at least explain it to the non-computer savy .

Congrats all !! I am amazed at your talent and teamwork !

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Justme1640 where did you find it? For that matter where did you go with the illusion clue I think most of us are still stuck on that one. Thanks for any help.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Good job to the new CoE, you obviously deserve it, because no one else has the slightest clue what we were looking for. Good luck to all our captains.

EDIT: Figures congratulations are better than sulking.

[edit on 7/27/2004 by zsandmann]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join