It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Google documentries no longer available!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Google will no longer make available it's videos more importantly its documentaries and news clips so it is my hope that we can start a massive ATS documentary Archive on are our hard drives. I would would recommend saving your files to a external Terabyte drive rather than your PCs drive. Here is the Link to the news.

On April 29, 2011 videos that have been uploaded to Google Video will no longer be available for playback. We’ve added a Download button to the Video Status new window page, so you can download videos that you want to save.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SimpleKnowledge

I think they are getting ready to launch there 'Facebook' like site soon.

And need the extra room to run.
edit on 4/16/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Well whatever the reason Google competing with face book many of us will lose access to Tons of flims and documentaries. Before Youtube started hosting documentaries much was on google video and still is. Heck the first video that woke me up was on google video.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Someone already beat you to it. I posted this yesterday.

abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I was just talking about this on Twitter earlier today. I visit a website called Documentary Heaven pretty often, and almost every video link they have leads to a doc located at Google Video. I am not sure what they will do when this happens. I'm sure there are many other websites for documentaries that do the same as far as linking to GV. It's gonna suck when all these sites for watching categorized documentaries go offline because of this. I have two 500 gig external hard drives and a terabyte external as well so I will download what I can. Just have to put all my torrents on hold for awhile I guess.
Documentary Heaven

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It would be simple for them to migrate the video's to YouTube, I guess they just don't wan't to provide the extra storage and bandwidth in streaming though, shame, as I always thought they were an expanding video site, I guess not.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Looks like it thanks for covering this earlier will follow your thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthsurfer

Keep spreading the word and thanks for considering saving what you can. I'm going save what i can hope fully I can get a Terabyte drive in the next week and save a Ton more. Also thank for the awesome link thats a Ton of documentaries.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yes I will def save what I can, and I was hoping Google would even migrate these vids somewhere else, but I doubt it since they are adding a download link and saying get what you want before it's gone. And yes Documentary heaven is an awesome site, that's why it sucks this is happening. I contacted the admin to ask what they plan on doing and linked the article in case they didn't know about this happening. Hopefully they will get back to me with a plan.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Why !!! Why !!!

Where can I watch my conspiracy documentaries in the future ???

You tube is always first when it comes to copy right and deletes all the good things

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Maybe when the time rolls around next month that Google Video shuts down it will be a good time to do some searching to see just which documentary sites were affected, and then an in depth search to find all those that are still up and running and didn't link to Google. I'll then make as big a list as I can of some good places to go and post it here.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I had sent the admin at Documentary Heaven a message asking what they will do when Google Video shuts down and this is the response I got back.

Hey There, We have noticeably cut down on posting google video hosted documentaries already due to this but I'd imagine what I will do is hunt down the google video documentaries and try find replacements . This wont be the easiest task and may take some time but eventually i should get it done. Best Regards, Danny

Any good docs I find I'll submit the link to them to lend a hand.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Why !!! Why !!!

Where can I watch my conspiracy documentaries in the future ???

You tube is always first when it comes to copy right and deletes all the good things

Try here or here they are two of the best resources for online documentaries online

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Not to worry, Google Video disabled uploads a while ago and it was going stale, for anyone who used Google Video for watching documentaries I've added a list of good (and even better) alternatives...

List of alternative Free sites to watch, download and upload documentaries

DiscloseTV
100000+ UFO Videos, Mysteries, 2012, Prophecy, Ghosts and Paranormal Activity Videos
www.disclose.tv...

StageVu
High Quality Upload and Streaming site like YouTube but uses the HQ DivX Web Player and has lots of docs
stagevu.com...

QuickSilverScreen Documentaries
Wide range of categories including a Paranormal and Conspiracy & Spirituality, Religion & Atheism section
ipb.quicksilverscreen.com.../forum/26-documentaries/

HavenVideo Documentaries
Wide range of categories including Paranormal, Religion, Conspiracy and Truth Seeking section
www.havenvideo.com...

And there's a lot more like youtube, bliptv, veoh, etc. etc.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Awesome, thanks for the documentary links. I'll definitely bookmark them.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthsurfer

No problem, they're all a great resource

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It looks like Google wont be shutting down GV after all.
Google Withdraws April 29 Download Deadline, Promises not to Nuke Your Google Video

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This is good news, and they took the action I was hoping they would and mentioned above

and is offering to help users shuttle their videos to YouTube

top topics

join