It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Quake now in Townsville Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
We are all safe.

Jomina you were pretty quick to get the information up for us, thank you.

Would anyone know if it’s common to feel an electric charge in the air?

I can’t stop watching my dog, she is lying down now, but it’s like she is on alert.
Her ears and nose won’t stop moving

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Speaking of 10 km, I used to have a video that was excellent about this, but I cant find it at the moment, after all it is after 2 am here, but this is pretty close in substance of the one I was looking for.

Just what is it about 10 km. anyway?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Wow.. My thoughts are with you, take care. Interesting earthquake link, I'm 36 and have grown up in south-east Queensland and never knew we had experienced earthquakes here?
edit on 16-4-2011 by Snowb because: spelling error - am such a spelling nazi!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
We are all safe.

Jomina you were pretty quick to get the information up for us, thank you.

Would anyone know if it’s common to feel an electric charge in the air?

I can’t stop watching my dog, she is lying down now, but it’s like she is on alert.
Her ears and nose won’t stop moving

hehe you're welcome... I am awake watching this massive nasty storm system getting ready to smack us into the stone age in my area anyhow, and caught the quake info coming across

As to the electrical charge feeling...

I think that is related to a phenomena called "piezoelectricity". This happens when 2 solid substances, such as the space between stones
, ends up being put under a large amount of pressure. This generates an electrical charge.

(that's a REALLY loose description of it but lol might do the trick)

I've heard from a LOT of people that have gone through quakes in their areas that they feel a kind of "static electricity" on their bodies, hair, etc, for a little while after it happens. Kind of like the air has been supercharged.

Anyhow... Hope this helps a little bit. Far as I know it, it's pretty normal, but maybe an expert can chime in

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I am currently in Douglas, Townsville and felt it as well, along with all of my housemates. I have relatives in Mackay who also felt it.

I found this on Twitter:
Earthquake Details

Magnitude 5.2, located between Ayr and Bowen.

I have never experienced an earthquake before. In fact, my grandfather who is in Mackay says that he's been through something similar maybe 50 years ago.

Apparently Christchurch also experienced a mag 5.2 quake 18 minutes after the NQ quake.
Further Details

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well this has made me want some kind of emergency plan in place within my household.

This is how we handled this event.

Me: Within 3 seconds I yelled out at the top of my lungs... husband’s name Earthquake.
I went to the room to where he was and he wasn’t there.

14 year old daughter : was sitting on her bed ,her first thought was that her father was up in the roof, as he was up there earlier in the morning making sure there were no dead animals up there, as we had an odd smell in the house. (The smell has gone now; we found no dead mouse or anything) And then she thought that our house was built like a cardboard box. With her bed still shaking, she simply changed her thought to her bed being possessed, and she looked underneath it.

My husband: his first thought was that a plane was flying too low over our house, then heard me yelling Earthquake, and he ran outside.

We all met up in the kitchen, that being the canter of the house.

So what did I get out of this? We are not prepared for any such disaster.
No one ran to turn off the gas or electricity. None of us went to a safe part of the house.
Goodness knows what we were supposed to do, but I’m sure the things we did do, were totally wrong .

edit on 16/4/11 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Earthquake rattles north Queensland townships
Darren Cartwright and Chi Tranter

April 16, 2011 - 5:21PM

.A 5.4 magnitude earthquake has shaken far north Queensland with a 5.3 magnitude aftershock hitting quake-devastated Christchurch just minutes later.

Geoscience Australia said the Queensland quake happened about 3.30pm about 180 kilometres from Townsville.

Read more: www.brisbanetimes.com.au...

So one guy is saying it lasted 40 seconds, maybee it did, its hard to tell, its the last thing i was thinking about.

i noticed in this piece, they are expecting aftershocks. i havnt felt any so far.
edit on 16/4/11 by Whateva69 because: oops

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
that was weird.

i'm down near the islands and the first thing that i noticed was the sound it made.

there was the first initial movement then the vibrating floor and windows.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by riktus

i didnt hear it, but my husband and our dog did.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Gday, Whatever.

I dont know whether this has anything to do with earth quake, but we had that circular radar anomally over the east coast of Oz last week. It started up near your way then it headed down to me at Newcastle(Nsw).

But a couple of weeks before there was a similar radar pattern over WA and thay had an earth quake a week after the weather anomally.
Could the weather and this all be related???

edit on 16-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Hey Meathead *wave

Do you have any links for me to read, I’d love to see that, i remember last year some time, some ATS members found a similar anomaly in the radar patterns, i can’t remember what became of that thread, I’ll have to do a search and see if anything became of it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Gday, Whatever.

I dont know whether this has anything to do with earth quake, but we had that circular radar anomally over the east coast of Oz last week. It started up near your way then it headed down to me at Newcastle(Nsw).

But a couple of weeks before there was a similar radar pattern over WA and thay had an earth quake a week after the weather anomally.

Really? Do you have any links to the radar anomally?

I never say HAARP but it's looking a lot like we have an Ionosphere Research facility at Exmouth, Western Australia (see page 1 post for details) so dots are starting to join.... hmmm

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
reply to post by meathed

Hey Meathead *wave

Do you have any links for me to read, I’d love to see that, i remember last year some time, some ATS members found a similar anomaly in the radar patterns, i can’t remember what became of that thread, I’ll have to do a search and see if anything became of it.

I remember that... was the thread by GregCollins/Andrew Collins (something like that)? Had a serious red ring around Perth and another further up the coast.... around Exmouth!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

not sure what this is, except that it's strange to me, and in Australia

Well maybe you should read what it is before posting a picture of it

I know what it is but i let YOU research it, interesting site in exmouth Western Australia none the less and has the go ahead to expand a little
for reasons i am not quite sure are true yet

Wal

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

[wave's back, smiles]

Im to much of a meathead to link you. (sorry)
But the thread is called. Strange Happenings On NSW Weather Radar Right Now. ( we started talking about on 6-4-11)
Sorry i cant link you.
I don't know the WA tread though

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
We had a 5.3 not long after here in NZ...

As for the 10km, this is often a default depth that is later reviewed, hence why so many of them show at that depth. Often it can take a few days to review this.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I found one thread to a radar anomaly.
but there wer lots more that showed up in search. I typed in Australia radar anomaly.

ATS THREAD: Bureau of Meteorology images show mysterious patterns on radar system,

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7

Originally posted by meathed

Gday, Whatever.

Really? Do you have any links to the radar anomally?

I never say HAARP but it's looking a lot like we have an Ionosphere Research facility at Exmouth, Western Australia (see page 1 post for details) so dots are starting to join.... hmmm

Gday Heffo, How you doing?
I dont have a link only had that thread that i told to Whatever,but other than that i got nothing mate.
( Strange Happening on NSW Weather radar Right Now) (6-4- 11)
Sorry i didn't reply sooner, Im a little bit drunk

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

It is a VLF antenna array, nothing like HAARP...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by riktus
that was weird.

i'm down near the islands and the first thing that i noticed was the sound it made.

there was the first initial movement then the vibrating floor and windows.

My housemate's girlfriend mentioned that she heard a strange sound as well. We live near an army and RAAF base and I think our collective initial reactions were that it was a just helicopter flying low overhead.. but we soon realised that everything was shaking too much. I vaguely remember hearing a sound but don't have a very good recollection of it.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join