It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a wacky bit of synchronicity...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I just finished writing a short story tonight. I was inspired to write the story because I just finished a new altar in my room. The story was about the altar. The last line of the story is: "The altar's on fire!"

As soon as I typed the last words, I started smelling smoke. This has happened to me before, smelling something out of the power of suggestion, so I dismiss it. The smell gets deeper. Then three fire-trucks park in front of my building. Firemen rush into the building w/hoses & oxygen tanks. My floor began to feel hot.

They contained the fire, but I was a complete nervous wreck. My boyfriend told me to burn the story. I told him: "Don't say 'burn'..."

Just another example of synchronicity at work. A total coincidence? Or something meaningful? I've been getting a lot of these lately.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
no, it ain't coincidence, freaky things like that happen. i wouldn't dismiss it like no big deal, but don't get wacked out about it either. now, what it is, hell knows, satan playin with you, maybe, but i'd doubt it. more of the work of, as you suggested, synchronicity, and your placed right in the middle. hard to explain, hoped it helped.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Tehe, i feel silly, but can someone please define synchronicity??? if you could that would be grand! Whatever it is, it sounds cool, what i take out of it is....you think something, then it happens....i dunno....

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Synchronicity is just a fancy word for coincidence...they're actually a little different, synchronicity implies a "meaningful coincidence."

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Great story, Cassie! I'd keep the story and post it somewhere, and add the story of the synchronistic event. Your RL experience adds a lot to the overall tale!

top topics

join