It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Make America An Islamic Nation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was randomly surfing Web blogs this afternoon after finishing a paper for my Summer college class, and I ran across this. I'm interested in what other ATS members think about this person's opinions, because I don't even know what to think of it yet...

Originally posted by Yahiya Emerick
How to Make America an Islamic Nation
by Yahiya Emerick

In past columns, I have raised complaints or alarm bells at the state of some segment of the Muslim community. Now I'm going to offer three suggestions for how we can turn the situation around and become the dominant social and cultural force in a country that needs Islam more than another pop-star, beer-brand or psychic network.

When we were leaving our meeting and walking to the masjid for salat, it was the most beautiful sight: from all directions, men, women and children, of all races, were going to their masjid as a community. I've never been to Muslim country before, but I'll tell you this much, I felt as if I were in an Islamic country. And this wasn't Egypt or India or Turkey. It was right here - in America.

For reference, here's where I found this person's blog:
www.geocities.com...

What do you think?

[edit on 8/2/2004 by ThunderCloud]

EDITED FOR LONG QUOTE. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING ENTIRE ARTICLES. A PARAGRAPH AND THE LINK WILL SUFFICE. AC

[edit on 10-8-2004 by astrocreep]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If Bush gets his @$$ out of the white house, this would cut out religion from Government and the world would be a better place.

Another reason to not vote Bu$h. It's a shame that American lives depend on a presidential vote. Its like MM said "People in bars are even talking politics." Since when did Politics become a hot topic.

This has to be the most important election in decades and americans won's just sit back and watch the world pass by during times of election. Even though I like Bush's star wars program, he has crippled the economy to a state where recovery seems remote.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Agreeded..

Cut out all religion from government... especially in a country where there is such a diverse mixture of religion/political ideology like in the USA.

The only thing religion brought to government was death and destruction.

And we certainily don't need laws being passed to ensure that the Islam religion is protected or that the diversity is.

Diversity should come naturally... it should not be forced into practice by law because that only causes problems.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

surrender their will to Allah

You see, now there is the problem...

It should be obvious to anyone that if ANY deity exists, then one of the prime things given to man is free will. For such a deity to then ask for the surrender of that gift is utterly comprehensible to many people.

This is why it will NEVER happen in America, and why we will never have a Theocracy. Theocracies rule by oppression and fear, and yet you'd welcome such a system? Truly, the author has lost sight of what it means to be an American....

Those great things the author mentioned the muslims doing in the community could ONLY happen here in America with the opportunities allowed here. This would not be so in the theocracies that exist in the middle east. I'd highly recommend the author visit some middle eastern nations before wishing America to be an Islamic nation...they're in for a real eye opener... And no, I'm not just talking, I've lived in one (Saudi) for nearly 3 years before.

[Edited on 27-7-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Good for him. If that is his belief then fine. I guess it takes all kinds, and while I think he is wrong, I don't think badly because he wishes everyone to know the happiness he feels for a new found understanding (which is common upon newly made religious people).

It's the same for born again Christians, Mormons going door to door, etc.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It should be obvious to anyone that if ANY deity exists, then one of the prime things given to man is free will. For such a deity to then ask for the surrender of that gift is utterly comprehensible to many people.

This is why it will NEVER happen in America, and why we will never have a Theocracy. Theocracies rule by oppression and fear, and yet you'd welcome such a system? Truly, the author has lost sight of what it means to be an American....

Those great things the author mentioned the muslims doing in the community could ONLY happen here in America with the opportunities allowed here. This would not be so in the theocracies that exist in the middle east. I'd highly recommend the author visit some middle eastern nations before wishing America to be an Islamic nation...they're in for a real eye opener... And no, I'm not just talking, I've lived in one (Saudi) for nearly 3 years before.

I agree with you 100%! Now I know what I think about that article... the bold statement (in bold
) the author made is the one that caught my eye while reading it, and just put me into a debate shellshock.
How many Muslims feel this way about whatever country they're living in? 10%? 50%? 80%?

Well, fundamentalist Christian and Jewish branches in the U.S. have simliar points of view, but they're the exception in those two religions, not the rule, IMO... I think the big question is, when it comes to Islam, is this point of view the exception or the rule?

[edit on 8/2/2004 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You have confirmed my innermost feelings on the matter. American citizens are ready to learn about and embrace Islam. It is more of a civil matter, in my book. I do not approve of making an Islamic state, like Saudi Arabia. What we need are the principals of dignity and civilization that form the core of Islam to take root in our people.

Americans are in great need of spiritual guidance, they know it inwardly, and are not yet ready but soon will be. We need perhaps another gneration of confusion, before the children of this nation realize that it is not good to proceed as they are. Islam was given to the world for just this purpose, and it will fulfill its destiny.

You see, being American and a muslim is not a crime, nor are the two mutually exclusive. Liberty is the foundation of our nation, and Islam is comfortable with the Free. We can do whatever we want with it, so long as men's hearts are true.

I believe Islam will one day flourish in America, and people will benefit from it. It is a healthy religion, once purged of its alien and foreign (to us) elements. It is inevitable that the true and perfect virtues will overtake the commercial and worldly. People just aren't enamoured of the society the ocrporations have created. It's empty, dirty, and ultimatly destructive. Look at how they are, even now they are fighting against what they perceive to be its enemies.

Come away from the false culture they have created for us in America. It is a dead end. The true light of faith is due for a revival. Now that the world is open to us, and all the learning and wisdom of the world is open to us, the people will tend to gravitiate to the most fruitful of fields. We will eventually lose faith in the current system. It's just too evil and corrupted.

I have in me growing a mighty hatred of the rich and powerful of this land, and they have earned it from us all. They have sought to create a nation for their pleasure, and our captivity, and this will create a disaster for them. I am a white guy born in Utah. I am 29. Islam is not just the religion of desert bedouins, it is a universal faith. I believe that all mankind will be invited into a better faith, and it will be a universal one.

Once the world becomes disenchanted with the system that is steadily eating up all the power and liberty in the world it will rebell and throw off its rulers, and every nation will enter into a single union. The very process of homogenization that these corporate powers are creating are sowing the seeds of this future world, a united world, and a world heading for major revolution.

You can't keep the forces of life and humanity bottled up in a system or an economy. It will eventually bust.

Islam is just one path to this, but a truly single-world religion is ways off still. Americans right now could never conceive becoming muslim, but that is because they are busy being evil and wicked. Once they stop that, they will come to their senses.

Just my take on the future.

Arkaleus

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Uh, since when was the consumption of alcohol illegal..LoL..as far as I checked its still legal up to the legal limits of the state lol....

wtf is that? BS..

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Islam is a joke like every other religion.

But In America, you are granted to freedom to believe in whatever crazy god, spook, ghost, demon, specter you wish. You can worship your doorknob for all anyone cares.

America will NEVER become a Muslim nation. For one, Islam is a decidedly foreign religion spoken in tounges not native to our basic languages: Enlglish, Latin, Greek, ect. As far as Im concerned, Islam was little more than an Arabic cultural virus to push Arabic Language and culture on non Arab people. Muslims are required to speak in Arabic when reciting the Koran and such. Just like the Catholics have to prattle off in latin.

Second, us "Kaffir" in America simply have no desire to adopt Muslim practices. praying five times a day? Get real. An industrial society cannot function with so many interuptions. And whats this crap about no alcohol? Good luck selling that. Alcohol and drugs are inserpable from this country. They are a part of our culture and always will be.

This country doesnt need Islamic spirtituality anymore than we need the Christian brand. What we need is spirituality devoid of cruel, jelous gods who smite and torment mortals, spirituality that embraces the human, gives hope to the future without promises of doom and death to infidels. We need a spirituality that allows us to choose morality that is most sensible and reliable.

We dont need another idiotic violent intolerant religion taking over.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Couldnt have said it better myself Skadi!

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkaleus
You have confirmed my innermost feelings on the matter... Islam was given to the world for just this purpose, and it will fulfill its destiny...

Do you feel that this is a common view held by Muslims, or are you unique in this point of view?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
See my fellow members why I do not believe in religion organizations!

Because every religion has an agenda and is the domination through population.

I have not problem for people to believe in whatever they want but take my word stay the heck away from me because if you push your beliefs on me I first will be polite but three times and you be out.:bash:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I have not problem for people to believe in whatever they want but take my word stay the heck away from me because if you push your beliefs on me I first will be polite but three times and you be out. :bash:

Well, in most of the Muslim theocracies of the Middle East, if you're found to be practicing anything other than Islam (or, even more anally, their version of Islam), you're likely to be either (1) jailed, (2) shot on the spot, or (3) taken out for a public beheading...

(God bless freedom of religion!
)

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Then I guess I will be the first one to die in the name of freedom of believing whatever I feel out of my butt to believe.

lets bless democracy!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Oh my gosh, Marg, we actually agree on something!

I too will die free rather than give lip service to a violent, hateful superstition who apparently (if you read the words of his supposed prophet) has all the social maturity and spiritial awareness of a spoiled 12 year old child. Superstition and fear might work on uneducated people in the Middle East that have never been free and never known liberty, but this is America and that just isn't going to sell here anymore.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ambient Sound, see I am not as bad as some think I am I can pretty much stretch out to accommodate everybody.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Arkaleus - This post is for you or ny other Muslims who wish to respond.
I am a christian, what you would call an infidel, how do you justify the fact that according to the words of your own prophet you are required by your religon to kill me.
I am not required by my relgon to kill you, but to pray for you.
How do you justify this?

Slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush. (Koran 9:5)

Fight against those who believe not in Allah, and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth [Islam], until they are subdued.
Surat At-Taubah 9:29

Mohammed said, �The last hour will not come before the Muslims fight the Jews, and the Muslims kill them.� (Mishkat Al Masabih Sh.M. Ashraf pp.147, 721, 810-11, 1130)

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Heh. The statement that Islam is the way forward for the US is so much baloney. Christianity would do a better job than Islam in creating a better world, if only it wasn't manipulated by those in power and followed by zealots who are just as blinkered as any other extremist. Take the lesser of two evils and you're better off sticking with modern day Christianity.

The whole reason Christianity spread and managed to take root was because it was recognised at the time to be the only religion that could unite people (or so Constantine thought and it did seem to work for a while). Sure, you have different sects within Christianity, but in general, these guys aren't ripping the throats out of their rivals, a la Sunni and Shia Islam. Some Muslims may say that this is not Islam is about , but heck, if everyone is practicing it in this way, who cares what the underlying truth of the religion is? Punch me in the face and then tell me that you're a pacifist and I'm going to have a hard time believing you, aren't I?

Islam is like Judaism - it is a religion of war. There is no room for anyone to have freedom of thought or freedom of belief. As practiced in the majority of the world, it is a religion that stifles. Not a religion that frees mankind.

The modern brand of Islam spreads through ignorance. It will only control the US if ignorance prevails.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Notice that traditionally christian countries are more advanced than muslim countires....

they have all the oil but we have all the power... *evil laugh*

on a serious note

People arn't allowed to openly critisise Islam in Britain because it's considered rascist but when people pick on Christians nobody cares,
double standards or what

apparntly some of the conservative Muslim leaders in Britain have links with more extremist groups but nobody can touch them because they are basically protected by an entire religious faith, (saw it on BBC2 last night)

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Skadi summed it up best...

No alchohol!

Islam has freedom? (tell that to the female Americans! :lol

Praying 5 times a day? Yeah right...we don't even have time to eat right...

Do you feel that this is a common view held by Muslims, or are you unique in this point of view?

I think it is a common view held by Muslims, that any nation would benefit from Islam. An incorrect view, but common nonetheless, and like with most devoted followers, this is likely the norm, not the exception....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join