It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Polygamy be legal?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I am sure this will be moved or trashed like most my threads but here we go............

With all the interest in Gay rights there is another segment of society that is quitely growing and starting to want their rights too.....polygimists.

Why should we not have the same rights as everyone else? Polygomy has been the rule in most of the world throughout most of history.........it isnt a "sin" according to any religion I know of and where I am its pretty common.....though low keyed. Isnt it time for us to come out of the closet?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I dont understand why any sane man would want more than one ball and chain....i mean wife???

I couldnt care less how many wives people have, its not my business.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Don't see what any government's got to do with it one way or the other.

Let people do what they want as long as they don't screw it up for anyone else.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I couldnt care less how many wives people have, its not my business.

My point exactly

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I absolutely think polygamy should be legal. The government shouldn't be allowed to tell consenting adults who they can and cannot marry! If three, four or five people decide they want to live together and start a family or whatever, it should be none of the government's business!

Get the government OUT of marriage and OUT of people's bedrooms and private lives!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What can hurt? I don't understand a culture of people who enjoy watching the sex media views men have more then one wife as immoral. Would you find it more controversial having a family for then one wife and children or women stripping for money and living in a terrible life style? America wake up!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It degrades woman. If a man can't be satisfied with one woman to treasure and treat with respect, he shouldn't be married.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Certainly is should be legal!........A guy has got to have a bit of variety in his life, different flavors if you will!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

And girls being brought up by the sexist media. Yes, makes perfect sense!
Perfect sense! Of course it will be more humane for them to sell their bodies for money then have a happy family.
edit on 14-4-2011 by FeraVerto because: (no reason given)

link   
The only sticking point for me would be something like insurance benefits. I could care less if someone has more than one wife but I would say only the first wife should be able to be covered under a work funded insurance plan.

link   
The state has no business whatsoever involving itself in the interpersonal relationships of others.

This relatively recent "gay marriage" nonsense is the greatest failure for liberty in recent time. We had a chance to push the gov out and take back what was once and should always have been ours and ours alone.

So what do all the morons do? Demand they get equal lashings when they could have demanded the gov stop lashing everyone.

Solidifies my belief that people dont want anything to do with liberty. Happy slaves.

I recently got the chance to express this concern at a same sex marriage. What did I get? Called a homophobe and pushed out. Idiots. Raving idiots.

Gotta add, what's with you clowns and the one-way polygamy? As if no woman would ever wish multiple husbands? Or no group of any number of men and women would enter into a union together?

It always has to be one tidy, stereotypical way, doesnt it? Some perv guy and ten sixteen year old wives or something? Everybodys trapped in a box.
edit on 14-4-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Night Star
It degrades woman. If a man can't be satisfied with one woman to treasure and treat with respect, he shouldn't be married.

If women are ok with it, who are you, or anyone else for that matter to tell them they can't?

Government has no power to dictate who, or how many people consenting adults choose to marry.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

How does it degrade women?

Would having more than one husband degrade men? If everyone is happy what difference does it make

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Who said women couldn't have more than one husband as well? Don't make it a sexist issue and it won't be...

No harm, no foul - even odds for all as long as everyone's happy.

link   

Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read that He made them at the beginning made them male and female,"

1 Corinthians 7:2 "But because of whoring, let each one have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband."

There are many other passages that talk about having 1 man and 1 woman, but I go by what Scripture says, not what man thinks we should have. Once man sinned, he did have multiples wives, such as Solomon and David, and those before the flood. Now it was originally not meant for that but it seemed for the purpose of popluting the planet, it was allowed by Yahuwah(or you who call God) for the time being.

Also, woman can only be pregnant with one child, except when twins and such, and they only have 2 breasts, if they were meant to have multiple children at once, they would have more breasts like animals, cats, dogs, etc.

Anyways to answer the question, we shouldnt have polygamy just cause it isnt right in the Creator's eyes. Cause the world is becomming more corrupt everyday, that is why gay rights came to be, and many other sick twisted things on their way. Soon they will allow abortions of children up to 2 years old, rape, and beastiality if used not to hurt the animal...We live in a screwed up world thanks to sin and Satan.
edit on 14-4-2011 by kove400 because: (no reason given)

link   

Well, if the women don't mind, neither should the government

It certainly isn't for everyone

(i can't even find one
)
edit on 14-4-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

How does it degrade women??? Marriage is a religious thing....most people dont even believe in marriage anymore, they have to do it to become a legal couple.

A lot of women must be degraded every single weekend here in the UK as a lot of young girls will go out on a friday night and by sunday they have slept with 2-20 guys/girls....respect yourself first before expecting to be respected

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm very anti-gay, but I think polygamy is okay. I wouldn't do it personally, but it should be allowed. Anyway, the government's trying to control everything we do. The best thing to do is to come out of the closet, then make the government think they're gonna get something out of it. Then polygamy will be both legal and considered normal.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kove400

I'm Jewish so I would answer your question. There are other figures in the bible who have multiple wives and they did have some difficulty. Others didn't.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I wouldn't want a man who wanted more than one women i would be jealous, i think i speak for most women.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join