It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need opinion on picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hey,

My grandfather passed away March 30,

My uncle took this photo with his phone and sent it to me of my grandmother on the chair, which then I upload to my computer. A lot of family members who seen the pic say that it is my gramps. And to be honest in a way I could see him on the right by the light with his hands in his pockets cause thats how he always stood, but the light in the background just makes me think twice.

I opened it with Windows Photo Viewer and cant really see it good, but when I opened it with Photoshop I could actually see distinct fingers, I think or at least a thumb? Might be my mind playing tricks on me lol

I personally don't think it's real because of the size of the figure, he would be a midget, but would like other peoples opinion because of the vast array of photographers on here that could either debunk it from a natural occurrence with the light or think something could be there.

The cabinet were the fish tank has no doors and there is some stuff in there.

Thank you for your help.

img189.imageshack.us...

Image wont show on the post but here is the link.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Can you circle what we are looking for.

I'm having a hard time seeing it.
Thanx

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

I'm thinking
Cheap Camera + Bad lighting

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Sure, here you go

img191.imageshack.us...

You can faintly see it but its his waist and and arms in his pockets maybe?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Light from window, good effect even if not planned. Sorry, don't think it's him. Some we see what we want to see. Others what they are told to see. And some never see at all.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoopDawg
reply to post by Laxpla

I'm thinking
Cheap Camera + Bad lighting

Yeah, it was done with a camera phone.

Im pretty sure with a Droid from cricket.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think I see the area you are talking about. Kinda looks like a face just to the right of the woman's foot and below the aquarium. To me it looks like a "portrait" of Ming the Merciless from Flash Gordon, but in reality I'd say it's just a poorly exposed photo with motion blur and a lot of noise/grain with a sprinkling of "patterns on a wall turning into a face" type thing.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikester
reply to post by Laxpla

Light from window, good effect even if not planned. Sorry, don't think it's him. Some we see what we want to see. Others what they are told to see. And some never see at all.

It was night out, but there was a lamp there giving off that light. But I agree with you the lighting and everything playing tricks.

So far everyone thanks for honest opinions, sometimes emotions get in the way

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It looks more alien to me (the head).

But that is what my mind is preoccupied with at the moment.
(We are on ATS ya' know)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
In times when good digital cameras are cheap how did you manage to take such a poor out of focus picture!!?
However, I do see how you are translating the various hues and shades on the right side of the picture as a figure. I think it's just an illusion but if you get some comfort believing it's your grandfather then enjoy it and treasure it.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Hey Laxpla,

I personally don't think it's real because of the size of the figure, he would be a midget, but would like other peoples opinion because of the vast array of photographers on here that could either debunk it from a natural occurrence

I recently wrote up a thread on ATS about a natural occurrence which, I feel, can debunk many images which are believed to be of the paranormal. Here it is: Pareidolia, Matrixing, Simulacrum and the Paranormal

I could be wrong of course, but I think this may be the true cause as to why you are seeing what looks like a figure in the image you have taken.

Capturing an image of what appears to be a spirit, or what appears to be something resembling a figure, when In fact It's a simple trick of the mind is a very common mistake as well It seems.

Very sorry for your loss btw.

edit on 14-4-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I made the image larger and played with the brightness a little bit to make the image stand out a little better.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It is very possible, I see what you are seeing too. Probably wont ever know really, but its very possible.
Peace,
Marriah

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
op i guess you'll see what you want to see, but there literally is nothing there.
except a bad photo.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I want to know what this guy's story is.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/016ba3f1c59c.jpg[/atsimg]

But on a serious note...

My deepest sympathies regarding your loss, and I would have to agree with the majority here that this is a trick of the eyes. Be that as it may, it doesn't mean Gramps isn't always with you and everyone else all dee time now. But you don't need a picture to tell you that, you can already feel him.

ETA: S&F, None the less, thank you for posting it.
edit on 4/14/2011 by UberL33t because:

top topics

join