It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ArabNews.com: Message getting out - Say NO to Aspartame: The ‘Hidden’ Danger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Arab News claims to be "The Middles East's Leading English Language Daily".

They are at least putting out an article citing the dangers of Aspartame, which will hopefully spread further.

Say NO to Aspartame: The ‘Hidden’ Danger

It is worth the read, but below are some snippets for those with:
Slow Internet; A boss over the shoulder; Impatience;

Now that I have found enough convincing and “disturbing” data, I feel compelled to reveal certain facts about this “damaging” substance, which has been sneaked into all types of foods with the APPROVAL of health authorities. Let us see now what this chemical, aspartame, is, how it behaves in the human body and how it affects the brain of the fetus.
When Aspartame (APM) molecule gets metabolized, it lets out methyl alcohol along with phenylalanine and aspartic acid, turning into a neurotoxin. Neurotoxins are chemicals that have poisonous effects on the central nervous system.
According to Dr. Louis J. Elsas’, the director of Medical Genetics at Emory University School of Medicine, the examination and diagnosis of Brandon Mills found the newborn with numerous birth defects and severe neurological impairments as well as vocal cord paralysis and swallowing dysfunction. During her pregnancy, Brandon’s mother consumed about “4 to 6 twelve-ounce cans a day of NutraSweet-containing beverages.
Because APM “isolates” are neurotoxic, they impair the central nervous system; brain structure; limit mental activity; and increase the risk of cerebral palsy. In milder cases, they provoke ADHD, autism, or bipolarism (once rare in children). The brain tissue literally becomes plastic-like.
After eight years of research on rats fed APM, Italian scientist Morando Soffritti and his research team came to the conclusion “that aspartame could have carcinogenic effects,” and asserted that aspartame raises the risk of malignant tumors and cancer in rats. Thereby, he contradicted the results of studies financed by the manufacturer of aspartame, B.D. Searle & Company, to reassure the public that aspartame poses “no risks” to human health.

I know there is plenty already said on ATS re Aspartame, but it is good to know more articles are appearing in more widely read arenas.

One, hope is that you can use this article link to post out to your friends & family.
You know, the ones that keep telling us to stop with the conspiracy stuff, because "these things are not real because the Govt would not allow it".
(you reading this, my sleepy, sheepy sister)

edit on 13-4-2011 by CitizenNum287119327 because: bbcode

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Already knew that aspartame was bad for you.
Had NO IDEA it would ruin my fetus.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Heh. Monsanto doesn't care about Aspartame now. They have NEOTAME! Yes, They don't have to put it on labels, it's approved for "organic (!)" and "kosher" foods, and...

It's WORSE than Aspartame.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

actually, it is so much more concentrated than aspartame, that it constitutes less than a certain percentage of "ingredients" it does not need to be listed in the ingredients. Thanks FDA

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
everything seems to be bad for people nowadys..its starting to become a joke...sodas bad,cigarettes are bad,and even water is bad for you...vegetables and fruits are bad because of the pesticides they use...what is good for us when everything is being labeled BAD? in my opinion I think all this stuff i just crap...unless youre growing your own food and filtering your water from a well then youre bound to run into things that are bad...its soda,its not meant to be good for you...people know when they are drinking soda that its not the best thing for them,diet or not..but i think some peole dont care. I think that if they like it then theyre gonna go ahead with it anyway...just like people and smoking...people have known for a long time that it definately isnt good for you but decide to do it anyway...so in my opinion,i believe that soon enough all these BAD things that we take for granted and critisize now wont be affordable or even around for very long,so i say go ahead and enjoy life and the things you like doing with it before it all gets taken away and when it gets to the point where youre wishing you had a good cigarette and a cold soda....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
reply to post by Amaterasu

actually, it is so much more concentrated than aspartame, that it constitutes less than a certain percentage of "ingredients" it does not need to be listed in the ingredients. Thanks FDA

Ah. So THAT's how they got around it. How did they get approval for an "organic" label? May I never discover the "food" I just consumed had Neotame in it.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

THe evidence is ambiguous and inconclusive at best. That doesn't mean aspartame is a health food; but the evidence so far doesn't certainly suggest that, consumed moderately, aspartame will drop you dead from cancer.

new topics

top topics

join