It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian revolt spreads to ruling Alawite tribes. Cities sealed. Executions in army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Looks the situation in Syria has taken a turn for the worse...

www.debka.com...

Funny how there doesn't seem to be any MSM coverage of this right now. It seems like the uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt were covered extensively, but now that things didn't go as planned with the "kinetic military action" in Libya, everyone seems to be sticking their heads in the sand (or not, since the sandbox is where the activity is right now).

"Look away! Look away!"

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
MSM isnt covering it because this is an Israeli news website. Obviously biased. Littered with propoganda. Don't buy into it.

Syria is one of the most westernized countries, if not THE most westernized, in the middle east. They're heavily influenced by French laws, not Islamic ancient laws that only Saudi Arabia follows.

They have been under martial law for several years unfortunately, and that is what the "people" are revolting against. They dont want to oust the president, they want Martial Law to end...and the Syrian government has announced it is working on a plan to end it asap.

Also, don't believe everything you read in the media. The random "government" shootings of innocent civilians? They caught the Saudi's that were paid by some saudi prince to commit these horrible acts. I'll find a link momentarily to show you.

There are plenty of countries and influences that want to see certain things happen, and they will cause false flags and dilute our media until we all believe it. Wake up.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Funny how there doesn't seem to be any MSM coverage of this right now.

Maybe because you are quoting a story from debka?
Good for the occasional laugh, and that's about it.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
215+ civilians killed since the begginning of the protests...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's kind of difficult for the MSM to report anything coming out of Syria when they are not allowed in the country. At best, the MSM is privy to the same unconfirmed reports as the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
It's kind of difficult for the MSM to report anything coming out of Syria when they are not allowed in the country. At best, the MSM is privy to the same unconfirmed reports as the rest of us.

Where did you get the information that MSM isn't allowed in Syria? Blatant lie.

Edit: Infact, didn't Barbra Walters just get back from a vacation there in March? Where do you people get your information.

Barbara Walters Vacations in Syria
edit on 13-4-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
215+ civilians killed since the begginning of the protests...

But by who? And for what purpose? The Syrian government has repeatedly stated that the presidential order is to not fire on civilians. You can find this online anywhere, including his entire statement about getting rid of martial law, which are the people's demands.

Infact, the Syrian government has caught the group of people paid by the Saudi prince to kill people en mass in Syria. So I can bet you, we wont see any more "government" deaths for the next few days, until the Saudis or Israelis get more people in there to continue the chaos.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Where did you get the information that MSM isn't allowed in Syria? Blatant lie.

My bad....I meant they have imposed a media blackout for both foreign and national media.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Well, they do censor the internet unfortunately. I dont agree with everything they do there, but I also dont agree with Roger's shaping the internet I'm allowed to use here in Canada either.

Also, I updated my post...with a link for you Aggie.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Debka or not its timely news, and may be at least partly true.
It certainly poses the Syrian military in a bad light.The division in the armys ranks about firing on protesters is
worth noting.
Aparently officers have fired on brother officers for failing to shoot at protesters.
Indeed a more than three way fire fight is going on there as we discuss it.
The people of Syria have my best wishes for s successful revolution, and emergence into democracy.
I believe that IRAN, will never let the assad govt fall though.......
Iranian guards will provide the backbone of the army if nessessary to keep on oppressing the protesters till they leave the streets.
The protesters have for the first time begun shooting back though, and that is a positive sign that they are determined to see this through to the end.
I wish them God speed.

top topics

join