It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Earth Anomalies That You (Probably) Never Knew Existed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I just want to say awesome post OP, each one of these are incredible. I have only heard of two of them Oak Island and Mystery Hill the rest are new to me and I'm going to go find out more about them. Thanks great post!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Fascinating stuff, the only one i know of there is the coral castle.
Great thread lots of reading to do

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This certainly is an excellent post. These places would be so much fun to investigate. A playground for the more adventurous.

SnF

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ah man I'm in love with this kind of stuff.
Though I was familiar with most of these or had at least heard of them in passing before, some of the details are new to me.
That oak island story kills me! I hate the thought of spending years of my life digging a strange hole only to be confronted with a greater mystery at the end.

Nahh, really that's a childhood dream right there, the hole and the way it was made is such an adventure in itself you could live the rest of your days with a great story to tell. I envy those boys of the time period.

edit on 13-4-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

I was excited enough when I used a metal detector over a flower bed when I was 15 years old and found that it was used as a kids sand box from back in the early 1900s. finding WW1 lead toy soldiers, a model T type of toy truck rusted all to hell but I still have it after all these years. Once you start digging it is impossible to stop.
edit on 13-4-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

your profile avatar is so fing funny LOL.

Nice post btw.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Probe, you always have the most fascinating posts on ATS. This site really need more posts like these and less of the whole "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE" crap. Thanks for the great read.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The secret of the Coral Castle gate was solved.
It was riding on a truck bearing.

Coral Castle of Ed Leedskalnin

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
I have researched Oak Island and it is clear that this is a sink hole and that the island is a glacial tumulus system and is underlain by a series of water-filled anhydrite cavities, which may be responsible for the repeated flooding of the pit that has caused the deaths. So really nothing of value has been found at the pit and many a good man`s life have been wasted hunting for the treasure. All of the platforms that people reported were probably rotten logs that had fallen into the pit over time.

How odd that they fell in so neatly - and at intervals of 10 feet. But things fall like flooring at evenly spaced intervals all the time, I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
a series of water-filled anhydrite cavities, which may be responsible for the repeated flooding of the pit that has caused the deaths. So really nothing of value has been found at the pit....

You should give credit where credit is do.

You plagiarized this line from wikipedia... Now everyone knows.

a glacial tumulus system and is underlain by a series of water-filled anhydrite cavities, which may be responsible for the repeated flooding of the pit.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
on the level, did you watch that clip posted for the money pit? at a certain level they found coconut shreddings (the nearest coconut tree 1500 miles away. The stone with the weird markings ,found only on egypt. How could these be in there if just a sink hole?

I enjoy these threads about anomolies!
edit on 13-4-2011 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Oh yeah! Oak Island, in a little old place called Nova Scotia, where I'm from!

I love that story we learned all about it in school, quite fascinating indeed! From what I've learned it absolutely is man made, whether or not there is treasure down there is up for debate, could the whole thing be a distraction for the real treasure site?

Some of the others are pretty cool I'll have to look into them.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Thanks OP, an interesting read.
Would have been nice to read about something NOT from the American continent though. 'Earth' Anomalies indeed.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

OUTSTANDING DontProbeMeBro! I've never heard of the antenna in the Antarctic and a few of the others. Thanks again S + F!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It would be so exciting to find a hidden civilization down there, but I wouldn't tell the press and all that if they didn't want me to- not even for a billion dollars unless I knew a way to use it to help poor people.. then they'd have to just understand. I just doubt we'd find anything like that. I'm open to practically any possibility. It just seems too good to be true because I could find 'my love' down there or something.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Good read there!
Lots of stuff I've never heard of thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
OK, you and a couple of other people here on ATS are ruining my sleep this week, I'll be up another night chasing things down in this post. Very good. I have heard and read about 2, 3, 4, and 7. But 1 and 10 are going to keep me up looking.

Thanks, and S&F.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Coolest thread on ATS. I wish I could give you a thousand S & F.

Btw, think I know where to look next for the cash in the money pit. The stone translated says Forty feet below, two million pounds are found (I did not decipher this, you can find it on the translations page). Now, they drilled way past this depth, and have not found anything but more layers of stuff. Looks pretty obvious to me that the layers of material below 130 ft were used as a diversion to trick people into digging up more stuff and thus wasting their time. A trick to sucker people into giving up after wasting so much time and money drilling so deep. The water diversion was the icing on the cake. So, I think the only option left is to dig laterally at the 130 ft mark, or diagnolly at 120 ft, or both, or just laterally somewhere around the area of 110 ft to 130 ft (remember, they found the stone at 90 ft, that said the treasure was 40 ft below). My point is, the stone didn't say exactly where below. Below is not restricted to DIRECTLY below
edit on 13-4-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Great post full of wonderfully intriguing mysteries. The Oak Island money pit is very fascinating and im surprised that nobody has been able to solve it. S & F for you!!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I really enjoy your threads. I lived in Edinburgh until I was 25 and now live just a few miles away and have never heard of gilmerton cove so will look into this a bit more. Edinburgh is full of mystery and has lots of underground streets and vaults said to be extremely spooky. I'm going down one of them soon.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thanks OP this is a wonderful thread. Each of the stories are incredible in their own right.
The last one intigues me especially. One man... One very very tall man...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join