It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Bomb Explodes In Volusia County Park, Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Powerful Bomb Explodes In Volusia County Park, Florida

HOLLY HILL, Fla. -- A powerful bomb exploded in a Holly Hill park. Now investigators are on the scene to try to figure out what the bomb was made of and who set it off. They're saying it's a good thing no one was around when it went off, because this was a big bomb. Investigators are still looking for pieces of the bomb, which are scattered all over the place.

The bomb was in a trashcan there. Investigators say, this was no ordinary pipe bomb.

"This is not a chemical bomb that some kids did. This is a major explosion," an investigator told Channel 9.

Interesting event. Could this be some sort of diversion?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wow, I think you should post this story in that ATSNN ranger, definately a news worthy story.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm banking on the diversion. Maked one wonder dosen't it.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Wow thats amazing. I bet twenty bucks I'll see this on CNN later today. Anyhow it could have been a kid in high school. Making bombs isn't exactly difficult these days. Check this out. Theres a site that tells you how to make bombs out of house hold supplies and stuff.

[edit on 7/26/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Anyhow it could have been a kid in high school. Making bombs isn't exactly difficult these days. Check this out.
www.anarchistscookbook.com

Did you get this far?

"This is not a chemical bomb that some kids did. This is a major explosion," an investigator told Channel 9.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ranger, this should be an ATSNN Breaking news submission.

I'm going to want to follow this one. See what they figure out.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
They assume it was an adult because it was a large explosion. Anybody could have made it. Also don't visit anarchists cook book.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Ranger, this should be an ATSNN Breaking news submission.

I'm going to want to follow this one. See what they figure out.

Well, since nobody was hurt or ignured, I didn't want to make this overly dramatic by making it a breaking news story, but it's certainly interesting.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
My Dad lives in that area, Orlando, and was telling me about some explosion and NASA HUMVEES and all sorts of weird stuff. I couldn't find a news article, but this page describes what people talking about around Orlando. LINK

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Sorry, bit off topic but what's with the writing in that article? It reads like it was written by a nine year old.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Sorry, bit off topic but what's with the writing in that article? It reads like it was written by a nine year old.

Yeah, sounds like someone wrote it up in a hurry to fill in for a real reporter.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I noticed the same thing kegs. Also, I cant help but wonder if this has any connection to the explosion in Savannah, Ga last week. A bomb went off in a dumpster as it was being emptied by a waste management truck.

Article here: www.savannahnow.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Orlando is not by Volusia Country. Daytona Beach is in Volusia Country. Ranger would you please submit this article to ATSNN so we can all follow it easier.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
Orlando is not by Volusia Country. Daytona Beach is in Volusia Country. Ranger would you please submit this article to ATSNN so we can all follow it easier.

You're right. I'm not from Florida, (but my parents live there) so my geography is a little weak about that area. I just remember my little brother talking about the
supposedly NASA "cover-up" and thought maybe something is up in that area.

top topics

join