It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right-wing publisher: We run "some misinformation" -WorldNetDaily's Joseph Farah...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well this was an interesting little article given the renewed birther hype.

Right-wing publisher: We run "some misinformation" WorldNetDaily's Joseph Farah explains the journalistic standards at his Birther news website

Story

Jack Cashill is an OPINION columnist. Admittedly, we publish some misinformation by columnists, as does your publication and every other journal that contains opinion. Bill Press seldom gets anything right in his column, but because we believe in providing the broadest spectrum of OPINION anywhere in the news business, we tolerate that kind of thing. Yes, Cashill’s column contained an egregious error, which we corrected almost immediately, which is far more than I expect you to do in what I assume is a NEWS piece you wrote.

So every birther's favorite source flat out says that basically his reasoning is 'Bill Press is not always right, so yeah we make stuff up too.'
Hillarious. The article admittedly is very birther centric but since that has really become WNDs main act, why not. Trump is out there repeating the WND lies that have been proven wrong on ATS in threads dating back to 2009 and ATS members continue to repeat them and then use WND as a source. Well, sorry birthers but not only has WND been proven lying and wrong, time and time again...

...Now they admit it.

I especially hope that the people that immediately attacka media matters, etc. because they lean left will own up to the fact that leaning vs. admitting you lie changes things a little the next time you use your right leaning source WND.

edit on 12-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

This is the reason why I look at numbers and raw data and not opinion pieces from left and right wing rags like The Nation or WND respectively. Politics is economics by other means. It's all about money no matter where you stand on the spectrum.

If you need some [[snip]] in a political column to think for you...Well, I don't think I need to illustrate the absurdity of doing so.

Oops. posted before I finished.

Edit to add:
I don't care about the birther issue. There are more important issues to be handled right now. The fact that conservatives and liberals are more entrenched in a fight over an effing birth certificate than trying to figure out how the hell we're going to pay the nation's bills is beyond ridiculous to me.

edit on 12-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
To shut up all the birther claims, why not have Obama just submit his BC and be done with it? I think with the lack of evidence ( or the lack of effort in part by Obama to just show the damn thing ) increases the hype, and increases the back and forth banter.

What keeps the argument fueled, is that since no one has seen cold hard evidence of his BC, keeps the argument open.

Seeing scanned copies of different docs does nothing to ease the pain. But then again, who knows?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
To shut up all the birther claims, why not have Obama just submit his BC and be done with it?

Nice try but this is not about Obama, this is about WND being completely full of crap and finally admitting it. Just so you do not go away mad... There you go. You can call that a day now.

I am very sorry that you cannot address the topic of this thread, or even acknowledge it. Please take your birther arguments to one of the many birther threads. If you have something to say about WND admitting that they make things up then please do.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Wow you posted something that's in every birther thread!

You should know the long form is the only thing that will end this debate.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh I fully agree, WND is no different than any other MSM outlet. Nothing but lies and manipulation. I was simply identifying that the whole argument could be laid to rest if Obama were to come out and say, " see fools, right here"!

ETA:

Exactly!
edit on 12-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

And you do know, in the 60's there was no item check available for "African "right?
edit on 12-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenVisage
On the surface this seems a reasonable request, but one only has to briefly visit a place like freerepublic to understand that nothing will end “this debate.”

If Obama released his long form birth certificate then it would be argued it was fake, forged, fabricated by the CIA, or whatever nonsense birthers would bring up then. And even if the birthers accepted that long form birth certificate as legitimate they would still claim he is an usurper because his father was Kenyan and thus he can’t be a natural born citizen.

Irrespective of what Obama releases, or what’s in the documents he releases, it won’t shut up the birthers because they already decided he wasn’t born in the United States, and if he was he still can’t be President because [insert erroneous legal interpretation here].

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenVisage

Wow you posted something that's in every birther thread!

Wow this thread is about every birther's favorite source LYING. Please go to a birther thread and make that case. I will be happy to correct you there.

Why are you people having so much trouble understanding the topic of this thread? Read the title. Read the OP. This is not a birther thread. This is a WND is full of crap and admitted it thread. Get on topic. There are more than enough birther threads for you to go lie and be wrong in. Thank you.

GET ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Oh I fully agree, WND is no different than any other MSM outlet. Nothing but lies and manipulation. I was simply identifying that the whole argument could be laid to rest if Obama were to come out and say, " see fools, right here"!

What argument? The argument is that WND lies and admitted it. I am not sure how Obama can put that to rest. You must have mistaken this thread for a different one because that argument is not present here.
WND lies and admitted it. Most of what you birthers believe is based on those lies. If you want to keep pushing those lies, GO TO A BIRTHER THREAD AND PUSH AWAY.

Please give addressing the topic a try.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I take it your not an advocate of free speech? With your entertaining and rather amusing snide remarks, would suggest that someones panties are in a bunch. When you start a lame thread, you have to assume that its going to get curtailed onto a more productive topic.

We already know that ALL media outlets are full of shizat! Your OP is not alerting anyone to something we don't already know!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yeah I think A good amount of people know that WND as gotten a couple of stories wrong. But I don;t know I kind of like the commentary of Jerome corsi, when i hear him on radio shows. Does anybody know about the credibility of beforeitnews.com I think I have seen a couple of people on here use that as a source.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

HA HA.

We all know that those behind both, WND AND Politico etc. are human,...

Reason would conclude that since they are all human and all humans LIE... Draw your conclusion.

Who lies MORE... Who at least attempts to be honest and admit their humanity. While others would lead you to believe they are messiah(s).

Word to the wise.

Enjoy Humanity

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I take it your not an advocate of free speech?

I take it you enjoy making incorrect assumptions?

With your entertaining and rather amusing snide remarks, would suggest that someones panties are in a bunch.

I would really rather you not think about my panties but my mood is rather jockular at current, thanks.

When you start a lame thread, you have to assume that its going to get curtailed onto a more productive topic.

Lamest excuse for avoiding and derailing I have ever heard. There are plenty of birther threads in which to have that discussion if it is so productive. Need a link? I cannot help but think if it were truly a more important topic to discuss, you would be in one of the many threads about it, discussing it. Instead, you are coming into my thread to tell me how much it sucks. Do not click on it then. I do not click on your threads to tell you why they suck and derail them. Why do you feel th need to click on my thread if you do not like it? Go find a birther thread so you can spread your BS there if you have nothing productive to add about this, here.

We already know that ALL media outlets are full of shizat! Your OP is not alerting anyone to something we don't already know!

Yet you are here on ATS repeating lies that source back to WND.
Yes, that is pretty damn funny. I cannot tell you how much joy I get from watching you post lies from a source you admit is full of crap.
Thanks for the laughs, see you in a birther thread. Bye now.

Birther thread to argue birther arguments in
Good luck, you will need it.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

HA HA.

We all know that those behind both, WND AND Politico etc. are human,...

"We" do? Maybe you are not catching it but WND is used as a source constantly on ATS. Deny ignorance, right? If "we" all knew it, then no one would be posting their lies nor referring to them as a source and yet, they do.

At one point, someone had to tell people that Sorcha Faal was crap and yet we still get stories sourced from that crapfactory as well. I am really sorry that posting WND admitting they lie has ruffled so many feathers. I would think people would be more upset with the fellow ATSers who repeat WND lies and use them as a source. I guess it is my fault.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I like your spin! Spoken like a true Obama lover!

Lamest excuse for avoiding and derailing I have ever heard.

I did not derail, I simply made an observation, as well as others whom posted.

Instead, you are coming into my thread to tell me how much it sucks.

Please provide evidence where I specifically claimed your thread sucked? I said it was lame. Reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit is it?

Go find a birther thread so you can spread your BS there if you have nothing productive to add about this, here.

I simply suggested that the Birther claims would cease to exist if Obama was to come out and rub in all their faces, and prove that he is a Citizen.

Further your assumptions that I'm a " birther " solidifies your generalization of others when someone questions your stance!

Yet you are here on ATS repeating lies that source back to WND

Please quote me where I stated WND stated fact? here is my actual quote:

Oh I fully agree, WND is no different than any other MSM outlet. Nothing but lies and manipulation.

Is that suggesting I buy into WND propaganda? Doesn't appear so to me!

I cannot tell you how much joy I get from watching you post lies from a source you admit is full of crap.

What lies are you claiming I made? I agreed with you that WND is full of bullpucky? And yet your attacking me because I agree? Wheres the logic in that?

It would seem to me and others that are reviewing the banter between each other, that you so desperately hoped to find others that bought into your view, and didn't question it either? Im only guessing here, but your logic and mind set are laughable at best.....needed a good laugh, thanks!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Mr. Obama's birth certificate is the least of the reasons to dislike his administration. There are real issues that need to be addressed and they are skipping like an old record. Put a penny on the arm of the record player and get to the issues.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Nice work OP
People really should pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

WorldNetDaily, Serial Liar

A few choice “Greatest Hits:"

Not only did WND admit that "no witness verifies the truth" of what was said about Jones, "the sources named in the publications have stated under oath that statements attributed to them in the articles were either not made by them, were misquoted by the authors, were misconstrued, or the statements were taken out of context."

After all, as ConWebWatch detailed, WND made no effort to fact-check the articles before purchasing the rights to publish them -- what some might call an act of journalistic negligence...

In 2004, WND uncritically repeated unverified rumors about a John Kerry affair and never apologized when they were proven false...

And WND editor Joseph Farah himself falsely claimed that money donated to a group by Kerry's wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, went to "radical causes"; in fact, it was earmarked toward specific environmental projects.

But as Barack Obama surged in the primaries, WND reacted by uncritically repeating never-verified claims by career criminal Larry Sinclair that he and Obama did drugs and had sex.

conwebwatch.tripod.com...

Did I star and flag this thread? Faster than an Orly Taitz lawsuit getting thrown out of court.

edit on 12-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I like your spin! Spoken like a true Obama lover!

Spoken like a person who has things repeated at them often.Again, this thread has nothing to do with Obama.

I did not derail, I simply made an observation, as well as others whom posted.

Yes a completely off topic observation that had nothing to do with anything I posted. I am not sure what you guys are observing but let me know when you figure out what this thread is about.

Please provide evidence where I specifically claimed your thread sucked?

Yeah, that was not a direct quote and I feel really sorry for the easy confusion that seems to so overwhelm you. You "specifically" said

When you start a lame thread

Lame, sucks, the difference is?

So you cannot address the topic and you come at me with shoolyard insults. Is this the way we try to get people to ignore every TEA Party birther's favorite "source?" If you cannot figure out what the topic is, please go to a thread with a larger font and smaller words and give that a shot.

I said it was lame. Reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit is it?

Says the poster that has no idea what the topic of the thread is nor the difference between a characterization and a direct quote. You really want to just trade insults, we can do that. It would just make it more fun for me if you at least present a challenge by do the very least and confirming you can read and maybe peruse the OP, find out what this thread is all about, and put some of that in with your insults. I am happy to trade back.

I simply suggested that the Birther claims would cease to exist if Obama was to come out and rub in all their faces, and prove that he is a Citizen.

I know and that has nothing to do with this thread in any way. Reading comprehension you say?

Further your assumptions that I'm a " birther " solidifies your generalization of others when someone questions your stance!

You come into a thread that has nothing to do with Obama or where he was born and say birther things. If there is a better example of a birther I would love to see it.

Please quote me where I stated WND stated fact? here is my actual quote:

I never said you said THEY stated a fact. I said you were repeating lies that source back to them. Reading comprehension, remember?

Oh I fully agree, WND is no different than any other MSM outlet. Nothing but lies and manipulation.

Is that suggesting I buy into WND propaganda? Doesn't appear so to me!

No, that specifically does not. Nor did I say that it did. You should really keep your reading comprehension BS to yourself when you fail to read what you respond to so rampantly. I actually said exactly what it was that shows you buy into their propaganda and that was not it. Please tell me I need to type it out again and then make fun of my reading comprehension. Please.

What lies are you claiming I made?

That Obama has not released his birth certificate.

I agreed with you that WND is full of bullpucky? And yet your attacking me because I agree? Wheres the logic in that?

Because you also said this

To shut up all the birther claims, why not have Obama just submit his BC and be done with it?
Which is completely bullpucky that WND keeps saying and here you are, repeating it yourself. Getting this yet?

It would seem to me and others that are reviewing the banter between each other, that you so desperately hoped to find others that bought into your view, and didn't question it either? Im only guessing here, but your logic and mind set are laughable at best.....needed a good laugh, thanks!

It would seem that your bringing up birther arguments in this thread, responding with jouvenile insults, and then responding with what seems to be a complete failure to comprehend anything so far would indicate you are having a hard time understanding the OP of this thread. It would seem.

I offered up a birther link. Take all that crap over there. My OP is about WND. If you want to agree with me about it, cool. If you want to question me about it, cool. If you want to question me about the birther issue, the moon landing, or the Annunaki, you lose.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Mr. Obama's birth certificate is the least of the reasons to dislike his administration. There are real issues that need to be addressed and they are skipping like an old record. Put a penny on the arm of the record player and get to the issues.

/TOA

Yeah, see if you can read the OP from where you are standing. There should be some kind of test. If you cannot read the OP of a thread, you should probably not be responding in it. Hey, if you get anything to say that is actually on topic, go for it.

It is utterly amazing how I post a story about WND admitting they lie and people run in here to change the subject. Seeing as this is ATS that kind of stands out, don't you think? Can you people not read the OP? Could you not find a thread about Obama or his BC? I am not sure what the malfunction is but again, this thread is about WND being FULL OF CRAP. Deflection, distraction, and insults are more than telling.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Except Obama HAS proven that, but birthers refuse to accept the facts,as it is not about any bit of paper Obama produces, it is about him being the legal POTUS!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join