It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldiers burn Quran then have fun shooting live rounds at reacting prisoners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Before we get into it, I have no idea if it's live rounds...only the title sez so.

Also, I have done 3 searches on ATS and not found this vid from 2005. If it has been posted before, my apologies.

Now, the thing that really gets me is the great enjoyment these soldiers seem to be having. Almost as if it was just another target practice and not people.

edit on 12-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What prisoners? Where are they? I don't see them. I don't see any burning books either....

I think you need to check the provenance of your video. Just because something is titled something doesn't mean that is what it is.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Flagged and reported for blatant lies. This video is from 2005, a simple Google search of this footage reveals that this was a prison riot that the soldiers were putting down with dummy rounds. This is a common practice anywhere. But of course terrorist sympathizers don't care about the truth.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
What prisoners? Where are they? I don't see them. I don't see any burning books either....

I think you need to check the provenance of your video. Just because something is titled something doesn't mean that is what it is.

Yup, ye right. Can't see them but you can hear them in the background. You also hear the soldier say "They're only shooting dirt balls right now, be decisive before you shoot"

As I mentioned, I don't know...I only posted what the title is. The rest is up for discussion. Has this been debunked? I don't know.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandelbrot2012
Flagged and reported for blatant lies. This video is from 2005, a simple Google search of this footage reveals that this was a prison riot that the soldiers were putting down with dummy rounds. This is a common practice anywhere. But of course terrorist sympathizers don't care about the truth.

As in my original post,

"Now, the thing that really gets me is the great enjoyment these soldiers seem to be having. Almost as if it was just another target practice and not people."

Ya see? Even I have my doubts to the authenticity. Relax.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
wow a 1 minute video, i'm sure it tells the whole story.............not.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Mandelbrot2012

As in my original post,

"Now, the thing that really gets me is the great enjoyment these soldiers seem to be having. Almost as if it was just another target practice and not people."

Ya see? Even I have my doubts to the authenticity. Relax.

In a way it IS target practice against rebelling prisoners, I'd be having fun shooting dummy rounds at rioters as well. Stop being such a wuss about it.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

Yup, ye right. Can't see them but you can hear them in the background. You also hear the soldier say "They're only shooting dirt balls right now, be decisive before you shoot"

As I mentioned, I don't know...I only posted what the title is. The rest is up for discussion. Has this been debunked? I don't know.

The video shows American soldiers conducting a practice drill. No quran burnings, no innocents slaughtered just a drill on appropriate force in response to various scenarios. Something I would think most would agree as necessary and responsible in the interest of protecting civilian lives.

Once again, check the provenance of your sources. Press T.V.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Yeah, I guess I should check the MSM before posting anything because they're never wrong.

And really... Target Practice? On an empty building?

Whether the vid is legit and telling the whole story or not, I find this explanation even more ludicrous. .

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Its sad ,but what goes around comes around.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Apparently 4 prisoners were shot after allegations of soldiers stepping on a Koran.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by INQUISITION11
Apparently 4 prisoners were shot after allegations of soldiers stepping on a Koran.
en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah, found this as well...

On 31 January 2005, a riot broke out in which detainees threw rocks and fashioned weapons out of tent poles. The riot was dispelled by the use of lethal force. Four detainees were killed and six were injured. As is standard procedure in all cases of prison riots and the use of lethal force, the matter was investigated by the U.S. Army’s Criminal Investigations Division. The investigation concluded that a detainee leader had incited the riot by making an accusation that camp soldiers were stepping on Korans during a search for contraband. No soldiers were found guilty of any wrongdoing during the incident.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yeah, I guess I should check the MSM before posting anything because they're never wrong.

And really... Target Practice? On an empty building?

Whether the vid is legit and telling the whole story or not, I find this explanation even more ludicrous. .

Take a second look at the video before you choose to misquote my post.

Take special note of the type of weapons ( non lethal) and also notice the large dirt lot between the buildings where the servicemen are firing the bean bag and practice tear gas rounds well downrange from the visible structures.

The video itself is legitamate and my description is accurate, the ludicrous part is some peoples gullibility still playing into an years old press t.v. anti-western fabrication.

In this instance you are being lied to alright, just not by the western press.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
What's really happening in this video? I sure wont take your word for it.

new topics

top topics

join