It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Admit Roswell was real.. 3 UFO's recovered.. 3ft Aliens...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I posted this in another OP thinking that it would have been covered by someone already but not seen it up on ATS yet..

Apologies if already posted...

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Documents revealing UFO sightings have been made public on an FBI official database.

The previously classified records, which contain information of extraterrestrial encounters dating back 60 years, show eye-witness accounts of flying saucers and alien life forms.

In one document, a special agent in charge of the FBI's Washington Field Office sent a letter to the FBI's director on 22 March 1950, claiming that an Air Force investigator recovered a spacecraft in a field near to Roswell, New Mexico.

It reads: "Three so-called flying saucers had been recovered in New Mexico. They were described as being circular in shape with raised centers, approximately 50 feet in diameter."

The report, which is registered on the FBI's online Vault library, then goes on to describe the 3ft human-like bodies of the aliens among the remains of the UFO landing.

According to the document, each foreign body was dressed in a fine metallic cloth and bandaged in a manner similar to the blackout suits used by speed flyers and test pilots.

The information comes after the Ministry of Defence released thousands of pages of UFO material at the National Archives last month.

Speaking with Yahoo! UK News today, Nick Pope, a former UFO investigator for the British Ministry of Defence commented on the reports, saying: "These documents are extremely interesting, but it's going to be very difficult to discover the truth after so many years. There are many questions for the FBI and the United States Air Force, but the problem is that nobody now working for these organisations will have been employed at the time of the incidents described."

"Even if we don't solve the mystery of UFOs and the Roswell crash, these papers show that the American government took a strong interest in the paranormal. Maybe 'The X-Files' is closer to the truth than people think."

David Hardy, an official from the FBI's Records Management Division said the declassification of secret files reflects a strong commitment to build public trust and confidence through greater public access to FBI records.

He said: "The new website significantly increases the number of available FBI files, enhances the speed at which the files can be accessed, and contains a robust search capability."

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
I posted this in another OP thinking that it would have been covered by someone already but not seen it up on ATS yet..

Apologies if already posted...

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Did you even read what you posted?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This was posted 3 times, 3 forums here and are all active threads.
Somehow this got 3 stars/flags lol

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

This whole FBI vault thing is really starting to make me wonder why they would do this at this time. Just seems to be stirring a hornet's nest on a wide-variety of subjects.

That being said, I find this quote interesting:

Speaking with Yahoo! UK News today, Nick Pope, a former UFO investigator for the British Ministry of Defence commented on the reports, saying: "These documents are extremely interesting, but it's going to be very difficult to discover the truth after so many years. There are many questions for the FBI and the United States Air Force, but the problem is that nobody now working for these organisations will have been employed at the time of the incidents described."

Yup, you wait long enough and it gets harder and harder to prove anything about any matter.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
This was posted 3 times, 3 forums here and are all active threads.
Somehow this got 3 stars/flags lol

i think is 4

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Lol my bad then... Mods*

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Aaaaarrrrrgggg .....make it stop , this is worse than the Temple mount episode .
This has been pos........ cant be bothered anymore.

Please use ATS search ....please , it wont hurt

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Aaaaarrrrrgggg .....make it stop , this is worse than the Temple mount episode .
This has been pos........ cant be bothered anymore.

Please use ATS search ....please , it wont hurt

I love how everybody screams and cryies that this has already been posted but, nobody bothers to hit the "alert" button to tell the mods.

BTW, I'm not going to either just to piss everybody off.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong - but does this mean even (half) respected media outlets are even getting the information wrong? I mean, if I sent a letter to the Queen of England stating I seen Bigfoot - and Buckingham Palace released the letter - does that mean it is the Queens opinion? Come on guys...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Please, give me a shred from the Roswell incident and I will tell you
everything.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
reply to post by nakiannunaki

This whole FBI vault thing is really starting to make me wonder why they would do this at this time. Just seems to be stirring a hornet's nest on a wide-variety of subjects.

A little transparency to win a little trust and to improve "public relations" ahead of a potential scandal.

A preemptive, calculated plan that will fail... It isn't what they reveal that matters, ultimately it is what they can keep hidden, secret and protected from the public venue that matters.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
One has to wonder if the UFO believer community has lost all capacity for reading comprehension.

Nowhere in the article cited does it say the FBI admits Roswell was real. The title should be changed.

The information contained in the documents is at best third hand. It clearly states the information came from an informant of an informant. Nowhere does it even suggest that Roswell was real.

In fact, showing just how absolutely obtuse the UFO believers are, the documents show the opposite. The very last line in the document states...

No further evaluation was attempted by SA [censored] concerning the above.

Meaning the agent receiving the information thought it to be bunk, unworthy of follow-up.

The FBI documents fiasco is showing just how detached from reality UFO believers can be.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Funny thing is, it was given precedence in a newspaper today but Nick's quote in that article was something along the lines of "this could be the smoking gun that proves extraterrestrial existence".

Which is why, having read the quote he gave in your post, I find him hard to take seriously.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by coder22
Correct me if I'm wrong - but does this mean even (half) respected media outlets are even getting the information wrong?

The number of mistakes in the coverage by the "respected media outlets" in relation to these old documents may be worth a thread in itself. It would be a fairly long list e.g.

• the relevant document has not just been released - it has been available for DECADES,
• the relevant document does not relate to Roswell at all
• the relevant document does not contain any admission by the FBI that UFOs are real
• the relevant document is well known to relate to a hoax that was exposed DECADES ago.

Why bother?!
edit on 11-4-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
crap, you don't even need to use the search tab...

just look at the current threads list in the A&U forum, counted 4 on the first page alone.........

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Already posted: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Please contribute to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It has been posted many times already and you will see several threads about this currently on the main page of this forum.

Thread closed.

top topics

join