It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

subliminal messages during two and a half men on comedy central???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i noticed a while ago about the messages that pop up in the add breaks of two and a half men on comedy central but tought nothing of it, i noticed them again today so i said id have a read threw it by pausing the tv. they make no sence and evry one has 4 words randomly wrightin in red on the screen too. anybody any idea what this is about??

found a youtube video of what im on about...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Wouldn't really call that subliminal. I could pretty easily see that a red screen with text was coming up on the screen.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wow, I saw this yesterdy and very nearly started a thread on it. I rewound the telly and paused it on the ad. It talks about subliminal brainwashing, and stuff.

I see the written stuff is inthe blurb. But yeah, just flashes up for half a second, quick enough for a subliminal brainwashing experiment. That's how this stuff works. Quickly.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by scoobyrob
i noticed a while ago about the messages that pop up in the add breaks of two and a half men on comedy central but tought nothing of it, i noticed them again today so i said id have a read threw it by pausing the tv. they make no sence and evry one has 4 words randomly wrightin in red on the screen too. anybody any idea what this is about??

found a youtube video of what im on about...

www.youtube.com...

That is freaky mate. Just by watching that i think you just brain washed me.

I read the words but now i just dont what to feel, but i do think that i want to get a copy of 2 and a half men and watch it, but i dont know why?????? .
I dont know what to make of it, i dont know what to make of it, i dont know what to make of it, i..................... Sorry im back again. I dont know what came over me

Ps. About the ad, well......... i dont know what to make of it

S&F because that bloody ad made me do it.
Damn those messages

edit on 11-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2011 by meathed because: that bloody ad brainwashed me

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
hmmm...take all the black bold words and put them together to get a weird message?

MIND BRAINWASHING,
SUBLIMINAL CONTROL ,
PARANOID ELITE,
FLESH EMPOWERED,
TRUTH NOTHING,
BREED WITH CAUTION,
TIME TO PANIC,
FRIDGE ROTTEN,
WARM FOOD STINK.

I inserted commas where i saw fit....does it mean anything or am I just being obsessive compulsive? I am sure the words can be rearranged like a puzzle to make it fit a little better..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Also, has anyone noticed.....on the comedy channel, after a show has ended, the "after show bit" sort of stutters at the start. It only started to do this a few weeks ago. But it ain't half annoying. (and is probably nefarious in some way
)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

I saw that too. The one that really interests me is the second page where the words are breed with caution time to panic.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'll check it out, but had a hard time getting past the not so subliminal spelling. One or two spelling errors=typos, 5+....difficult to respect the message. Sorry, not usually one to remark, but you should spell check.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Weird. Subliminal or not, weird. Here are the words that were in black on each screen:

1) MIND BRAINWASHING SUBLIMINAL CONTROL PARANOID
2) BREED WITH CAUTION TIME TO PANIC
3) ELITE FLESH EMPOWERED TRUTH NOTHING
4) FRIDGE ROTTEN WARM FOOD STINK

I could have got one or two words wrong, as the video was a little unclear in a few spots. Oh, the caps used above were because the words in the videos were in caps….just an fyi.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I am glad I am not the only one.

FLESH EMPOWERED,
PARANOID ELITE,
SUBLIMINAL CONTROL ,
MIND BRAINWASHING,
NOTHING TRUTH,
BREED WITH CAUTION,
TIME TO PANIC,
ROTTEN FRIDGE ,
WARM FOOD STINK(s).

I rearranged how I see the bold words...and yeah the last 4 lines worries me...breeding is fun an all...but without proper food, there really isn't much of a point..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

It is all transcribed in the details from the uploader, underneath the video.

I agree with a few of the comments I read on the youtube page. It is for comedic value and nothing else. It is not subliminal because you can actually see it, but your mind won't register it unless you pause it. Subliminal would be 1 or 2 words, that your mind would register, even though you couldn't see it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see if this appears only during three and a half men and only on comedy central. I propose that people be on the look out for these during commercial breaks on other shows and on other channels. Now that we have seen them we should be able to recognize them, and no the importance of them if we see them again. I have never watched three and a half men so i dont know how big a ratings draw it is, but i would think if subliminal messages were going to be played then they would be on a show or shows with the potential to reach the most viewers. I am guessing that it will be on other shows and other channels to increase the chances it reaches as many people as possible.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is happening on the channel 4 channels (e4, more 4 etc..) and obviously comedy central. Its strange, there was a thread on it recently here, there was a picture of it, saying something about not going to the gym. I've seen one that was about not buying fridges because cows are warm anyway so milk should be. Very strange indeed. It seems to be some type of viral add campaign but i don't know what its advertising or anything. If it is for advertising its slightly stupid, because its only on the screen for less than a second, but i suppose advertising is a strange business. who knows...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

True on it is defiantely too many words for the brain to register, but the quick flash of the whole statement was enough for the brain to say hey what was that. This made the person rewind and pause it to read it. With many homes having dvr technology, they would be able to read the whole message. Maybe that was the goal of the person who displayed the message. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yeah I know, its how I re-posted the bold words so fast..

And yeah the message could just be stuck in there by the youtube uploader for kicks..

I've thought of that too..I used to watch the show, but i never really watched the commercials...they take like 5 minutes to pass anyways so i would just do some browsing online when they happened..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It's definately not confined to Two & a half men. I've witnessed these popping up all day. Still no wiser on what it's all about though. All I can think of is perhaps the Sheenster has paid for them himself.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread has pictures of the messages.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
I'll check it out, but had a hard time getting past the not so subliminal spelling. One or two spelling errors=typos, 5+....difficult to respect the message. Sorry, not usually one to remark, but you should spell check.

sorry i am not good at spelling! never was.
im sure it wasn't that hard figuring it out.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I haven't watched Two And A Half Men on Comedy Central lately so I don't know for sure, but it seems as if this is only in the UK?

I will see when it comes on here and watch it later if I remember, but for right now I am curious if any of you are in the U.S. and have seen it, or only UK?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Weird, here are all teh caps words in order, with quotes around the phrases

"mind brainwashing" "subliminal control" "paranoid elite" "flesh empowered" "truth" "nothing" "breed with caution" "time to panic" "fridge rotten" "warm food" "stink"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join