It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun and Son, Dog and God...in English......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Someone in anothef thread thought I should post this in RANT. So I am. I respect everybody's opinions. But the one thing that really "grinds my gears" is this misuse of words. Sun and Son are similar phonetically in English but not in Spanish, Italian , French, Portugese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic and the list goeeeeeeezssss on. So this "Son worship and Sun worship Get it?"makes no sense in any other language and that means it makes NO sense period.

Same with the stupid argument that God is nothing but Dog spelled backwards. Yeah and What??!! REALLY??!! What does that mean??? I mean come on is this the best some people can do?
Agree??
Disagree??
edit on 10-4-2011 by sirjunlegun because: DroidProblems

edit on 10-4-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
Sun and Son are similar phonetically in English but not in Spanish, Italian , French, Portugese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic and the list goeeeeeeezssss on.

All i can say is.. Ohh ignorance

Same with the stupid argument that God is nothing but Dog spelled backwards.

Again ignorance. God is A WORD. Words are the best thing we have to describe what we believe. GOD IS WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE. Because if you look for the definition of a GOD uou get around 79Million hits. It's a word. You should learn that language is just a TOOL,
It's a tool to describe things. Anyways, it's different to each indiviual. Like how i can walk up to a girl and i ask "Wanna hang out" And all she hears is "Can i get into your pants?"
Words are just the best tools we have. So what if God isn't visual.

edit on 10-4-2011 by Anttyk47 because: Insult

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

I am not getting what you are saying?
How am I a tool?
What part of discussion involves insults based in name calling?
Must be one of those fake posters the governmet has recently invested in to detail threads.
edit on 10-4-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

What are you saying? The hell

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Words are tools. Simple anthropology 100 level. Arbitrarily assigned sophisticated and complex phonetic grunts I get it. But if I was speaking Latin or Greek and said Son worship is nothing but Sun worship get it like it was some epiphany and you were Latin or Greek you would have to wonder hmmm is his blotted acid or gel caps this guy has imbibed?
Logic denies arguments that don't translate acrosss the spectrumof languages. So why would I waste my time listening to some guy tell me the symbolism in Sun and Son exists because they sound the same. You hear it from time to time in various arguments. They make no sense and people jump on this band wagon perpetuating ignorance.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Agreed!
I read things attempting to connect these two sets of words like it's some sort of secret key to whatever it is the writer is trying to justify,.......well.........this is your rant, OP, not mine, I don't need to add anything else to what you wrote.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 10-4-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I think what the OP is talking about is regarding the similarities between Sun,Son and God, Dog as just a coincidence rather than some obscure conspiracy/religious meaning since these similarities are not present in other languages.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

you would have to wonder hmmm is his blotted acid or gel caps this guy has imbibed?

Well since we're talking about it, you don't "imbibe" gel caps or blotter acid because they're solids and the word means drink...

As for the OP, I'm not familiar with people linking homophones to mean anything so I didn't get your rant
edit on 10-4-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
To the OP:

I understand 100% exactly what you're saying. Seems weird to me that some others don't understand this very basic concept you've described, and try to take the thread in a whole new direction. Yes, I agree, and yes, you are 100% correct!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Reading this thread and its responses gave me a headache.

Seriously. I have nothing to add, because I don't think I fully comprehend the intent of this rant.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

What???? Are even you reading what I am posting? Are these the children that we are being warned have no critical thinking skills being taught in early schooling?
It has nothing to do with other languages. It has to do with if you can NOT make the same argument in every language it makes no sense so STOP making that argument as if it is some leap of intelligence. It is unintelligible!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

I think what the OP is talking about is regarding the similarities between Sun,Son and God, Dog as just a coincidence rather than some obscure conspiracy/religious meaning since these similarities are not present in other languages.

VOILA!!! EXACTLY!!!!!!! Thank you!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Ok then it MUST be a VIAL of liquid. So thanks for answering that question.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Let me break it down for you all a bit more, since it seems like everyone is missing OP's point.

I don't know how to properly "cite" the source where the info is in that nice little box but here we go:

Taken from paganizingfaithofyeshua.netfirms.com...

The Aryans looked up to the sky and gave it the name Dyaus, from a root-word which means "to shine." When, out of the forces and forms of nature, they would later fashion other gods, this name of Dyaus became Dyaus Pitar, the "Heavenly Father," or "All-Father." The earth they worshipped as the Mother of all.

Their reasoning let them to believe that the Sun was the "off-spring" or product of the Sky god; the Heavenly Father. This "offspring of the Sky-god was none other than "the Son of the Sky", or that the Sun was the "Son of the Heavenly Father", the "Son of the Sun-God", and that the immaculate virgin, the Earth (sometimes it was the dawn or the night), was the Mother of the Sun. Hence we have the Virgin, or Virgo, as one of the signs of the Zodiac.

THE FOLLOWING ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE "SUN OF GOD":
The sun "dies" for three days on December 22nd, the winter solstice, when it stops in its movement south, to be born again or resurrected on December 25th, when it resumes its movement north.
In some areas, the calendar originally began in the constellation of Virgo, and the sun would therefore be "born of a Virgin."
The sun is the "Light of the World."
The sun "cometh on clouds, and every eye shall see him."
The sun rising in the morning is the "Savior of mankind."
The sun wears a corona, "crown of thorns" or halo. Many of the sun-gods, including Horus, Buddha and Krishna (as seen in is ascension), are depicted with halos, hundreds to thousands of years before it became fashionable in Christianity.
The sun "walks on water."
The sun's "followers," "helpers" or "disciples" are the 12 months and the 12 signs of the zodiac or constellations, through which the sun must pass.
The sun at 12 noon is in the house or temple of the "Most High"; thus, "he" begins "his Father's work" at "age" 12.
The sun enters into each sign of the zodiac at 30°; hence, the "Sun of God" begins his ministry at "age" 30.
The sun is hung on a cross or "crucified," which represents its passing through the equinoxes, the vernal equinox being Easter, at which time it is then resurrected.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

So, someone has taken the time to make this entire website, trying to connect Son and Sun. The whole premise is illogical as English is the only language where these two words with entirely different meanings share the same phonetic....
edit on 10-4-2011 by graphuto because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

As for the OP, I'm not familiar with people linking homophones to mean anything so I didn't get your rant

Well I started noticing it being used by Jordan Maxwell, I believe. Then when somebody starts a post in religion, or in philosophy and metaphysics you will see this occur. Its kind of like when you have learned a new word and suddenly you see or hear it everywhere. Maybe you will start seeing it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

So why would I waste my time listening to some guy tell me the symbolism in Sun and Son exists because they sound the same. You hear it from time to time in various arguments. They make no sense and people jump on this band wagon perpetuating ignorance.

As a linguist, I agree with you!
Vicky

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It'd be interesting to know what Adam and Eve are in Swahili

If this occurs only in english language, wouldn't be safe to say that this language must be a fake conspiratoral language made for these times? Is it any wonder that english is fast swallowing other languages? Add to this, you find amalgams (spelling?) which I believe only exists in english.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Again ignorance. God is A WORD. Words are the best thing we have to describe what we believe. GOD IS WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE. Because if you look for the definition of a GOD uou get around 79Million hits. It's a word. You should learn that language is just a TOOL,
It's a tool to describe things. Anyways, it's different to each indiviual. Like how i can walk up to a girl and i ask "Wanna hang out" And all she hears is "Can i get into your pants?"
Words are just the best tools we have. So what if God isn't visual.

I just wanted to point out that "God" is not a word. It is a name. A proper noun. You see it as a word because it is printed before you, but it is no different than Tetragramaton, El, Kis, Adoney, and other "Names" of God. The word god is a word because it is not being used as a noun.

reply to post by graphuto

Sunna not Sun
edit on 11-4-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

top topics

join