It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listverse - Top 10 Strange UFO Encounters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Most of these cases I have never heard of, although I don't have several years of UFO following under my belt. So I implore you to catch the full list here as each case is uniquely captivating.

9 UFO With an Accent

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80e8ca8e9bb6.jpg[/atsimg]

A woman telephoned RAF Wattisham, in Suffolk, England, on November 21st, 1989, in a distressed manner to report an encounter she had the night before with a strange man in her area. At around 10.30pm, the woman was walking her dog near a sports field when she was approached by a man with a ‘Scandinavian type accent’ dressed in light brown overalls that resembled a flying suit. A recently released report from the National Archives about the case reads. “He asked her if she was aware of stories about large circular flattened areas appearing in fields of wheat, and then went on to explain that he was from another planet similar to Earth, and that the circles had been caused by others like him who had traveled to Earth.” The man went on that they’re visits were friendly but was ordered not to make contact in case they were seen as a threat. He said he disobeyed his orders as he felt it was important for contact between our people and his to occur.

They talked for 10 minutes until he suddenly ran back in the direction he came. The woman, realizing the gravity of her situation and the strangeness of what had just occurred, ran home in a panic stricken state. Whilst doing so, she heard a thunderous buzzing noise, growing in haste and volume behind her. She turned to see a large spherical object, glowing a brilliant orange and white, rise from the trees and eventually disappear up into the atmosphere. The MOD notes attached to the file described the case as ‘one of our more unusual UFO reports.’ The operator who took the woman’s call described it as ‘a genuine call’.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by uncuuncu

Uncuuncu, interesting list - had never heard of some of those either but glad to see the Livingston case got a mention - there are some other freaky occupant reports here if you're interested in that sort of thing, it appears there's quite a few out there.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
#4 The Zimbabwe Encounter

In the original story the children describe seeing a typical grey and not a humanoid like told here. Anyone else remember them describing a grey?

Think that is the video...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Genuine UFO encounters are unlikely to be recorded. Memory erasure techniques are so advanced that there will be no trace of recollection. Consider the moon. It is alive with activity yet no one sees what is right in front of their eyes.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt
#4 The Zimbabwe Encounter

In the original story the children describe seeing a typical grey and not a humanoid like told here. Anyone else remember them describing a grey?

Think that is the video...

The researcher was truly awful here - putting words in the childrens mouths. I'd like to see more evidence of independent accounts and whether the childrens stories matched up. Its more likely the kids wer eplaying agame after seeing some UFO movie - maybe seen by 2 or 3 who then described a movie and the rest of the kids went along with it. I doubt they all described the same thing,

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by uncuuncu

I had never heard of this Scandinavian ET in any story anywhere and now it is twice in a day. He is included as part of my thread here. UFO's are Making a Beeline for Scotland - Did you happen to link to this story there? Definitely admit it is an odd story but being only one credible witness to something this incredible, I am not 100% sure if I believe her myself. www.abovetopsecret.com...
The other one was thoroughly investigated and no one did come up with any way to prove was hoax. There were extensive interviews with the case of the Zimbabwe children and they individually came up with the same story of this craft landing and the occupants disembarking and leaving them with a message. This is a sighting pretty well documented and the children after interviewed by a psychologist who confirmed it was near impossible they were making this story up as some sort of mass hallucination. Considering they had not seen media reports previously describing a UFO, nor were exposed to any preconditioning other than the shared incident in my opinion it is very much a stretch of the imagination to claim this was anything other than a genuine visitation either.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is another vid of the same encounter/

www.youtube.com...

edit on 10-4-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join