It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the FBI vault - please actually read the report before posting it as " offical " evidence of your

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

You or someone else even said the FBI hoaxed them.

No, that would be me and I suggested the incident was based on a hoax - have a good read of the below article:

On May 31st and June 1st, 1998, on the nationally-syndicated radio programs Dreamland and The Art Bell Show, noted UFO researcher Linda Moulton Howe described a secret FBI memo from March 22nd, 1950, written to J. Edgar Hoover himself. Memo author Guy Hottel, of SAC, described an investigator’s report of a flying saucer recovery in New Mexico, with mention of three saucers, three-foot tall bodies, metallic cloth, and bandaged alien bodies. The crash was supposedly due to interference from high-powered radar. But all of these elements (saucers, aliens, cloth and tape, radar site) have been firmly traced to the yarns spun by our two swindlers! William Moore even traced how the story got from Silas Newton to J. Edgar Hoover: Newton told George Koehler (employed at radio station KMYR in Denver), who told Morley Davies, who told Ford dealers Murphy and van Horn, who told auto dealer Fick, who told the editor of the Kansas City Wyandotte Echo. By that time, Koehler had become “Coulter,” just like a game of “gossip” (or a game of “pi”)! This article was picked up in the news, where it caught the interest of the OSI. The OSI agent passed the story on to Guy Hottel of the FBI, and he gave the 8th-hand story to Hoover.

link

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

The OP isn't saying it's a hoax, he's just saying, don't go

"OMG OMG OMG FBI POSTED UFOS ARE REAL SO THEY ARE OMG OMG OMG"

All op is saying is that the vault stuff are ALL the views/testimonies that the FBI has collected and that just because there's something in there that you agree with, doesn't mean it's being confirmed by the FBI, they're just telling you what they got.

In my own opinion, if the FBI had documents that WERE correct, I wouldn't be releasing that, I'd just be releasing the outrageous/claims that I know are fake. Not that that's what the FBI's doing but you never know.

And I can see why you have over 1000 posts since January, you just post 600 bazillion individual replies.
edit on 4/11/2011 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PennKen2009

Thing is that the FBI did get a lot of outrageous mail, but they throw that away, they sure do not classifiy them. The thread that talked about UFOs and the Vault was from one FBI agency office to another. It was not a letter from someone. There were things in that memo, about aliens that no one knew at the time but the government. That memo is probably the first time people have learned that UFOs do not come from other Planets. That has been the main way for all of the Agencies and Military to know if it was creditable. If someone said they are from Mars, or Zeta the government knew it was bogus. All these people that say Aliens are from some planet or star system are frauds. In 1978 when I was interviewed, I told them they came from another dimension and how they got here. Some of the UFO things new some old. but that was new. All these threads about the Vault shouldn't upset anyone. I am glad people are finding the good stuff and posting it because it is so much to read. Today I was reading about Robert Kennedy assassination, and found out they destroyed all the evidence to show there was more than one gun fired and even swapped the bullet fragments, and threw the real ones away. I don't mind some one have another opinion than my own, that is some of the best conversations. What bothers me and anyone else that put up a thread is people that go on a thread the minute it comes up there will be 4-5 people jump on there and start the "hoax, Fake , BS. etc. and half the time they haven't read the thread, And never ever have any proof to prove anything is fake or bs. If someone doesn't have proof they shouldn't just be getting kicks messing with people. Some members that is all they do, all of their posts, are fake hoax bs.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
There were things in that memo, about aliens that no one knew at the time but the government. That memo is probably the first time people have learned that UFOs do not come from other Planets.

There's some genuinely interesting government documents here if you're genuinely interested but it looks to be the case that the memo you keep referring to was based on a hoax by Silas Newton and Leo A. Gebauer - here's an article about it from the International Business Times:

FBI "Hottel Memo" Reveals UFO Hoax

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

No...the documents are NOT new. They're just new SEARCHABLE. They've been available online for years.

Please understand this.

Sorry, reply wasn't supposed to Karl, but the annoying woman who can't read.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Abney because: clarifying who repsonse is to

top topics

<< 1   >>

join