It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia in a race for the Moon, they want it before any other country !! 8.04.2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
So it seems the race to dominate the moon is on, and for Russia to possibly make claim to it???

News released today:

Russian astronomers and physicists believe that Russia urgently needs to send two vehicles to Earth’s natural satellite in order to search for water.

Water on the Moon is essential for a manned mission of the satellite’s exploration. Polar regions of the Moon have some frozen water, thus it is possible to place stations near these sites.

One search vehicle should be sent the Moon’s South Pole, and the other – to the North Pole. We need to do it fast, if we don’t want to lose the Moon to other countries, researchers believe.

The Moon has all existing chemical elements, including rare metals.

NEWS SOURCE

Very interesting indeed and i find it strange why nobody has gone back there recently considering how close it is, but it seems quite clear the russians are eager to get their hands on it, maybe this is why they have kept quiet for so long, keeping out of world affairs, they have bigger fish to fry, like taking over the moon

Just stumbled on this from 25.03.2011

Russian Space Agency plans to send two automatic research vehicles to the Moon in 2013-2014. Their mission will be studying polar regions of the Earth’s natural satellite.

“Luna-Globe” mission is now equipped with an orbital vehicle and a landing module for landing near the Moon’s pole.

“Luna-Resource”, a joint space programmes with India, where it is called “Chandrayaan-2”, will also contribute to our understanding of the Moon’s natural trends and processes. Indian participants are working on an orbital module of the vehicle, as well as a Moon rover and a carrier rocket. Russian participants provide research equipment and a landing module.

edit on 9-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Cool, maybe Russia will be the first to put a man on the moon..

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

haha, if not i wonder if the US will let them use the same place they filmed there video at >.<

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Itop1

Cool, maybe Russia will be the first to put a man on the moon..

LMAO People still don't believe we've put a man on the moon ?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Moon missions simply have little return of investment.

You are obviously not going to haul back to Earth substantial quantities of any rare metal or Helium 3 in the vessels we can get there. A Lunar base of possible self sustainability with anything mined there seems to be a more plausible scenario, as to build a launch site from the Moon to take off from for Mars manned missions, the storable fuel not spent to leave the Lunar gravity would afford most of the fuel to be saved for the deep space mission. But there's that vehicular transport issue again. How do we get a large enough craft to the Moon to begin with?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
C'mon guys, someone was gonna say it..
May as well be me..

I'm on the fence with the moon hoax crowd but the simple fact is the only proof we have comes from NASA..

And I along with countless others have always wondered why we never went back or why no other country has put a man outside earths orbit..

There are very valuable minerals on the moon..
Mining may pay for further missions..
It's also a great launch pad for further space exploration..

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kaoticf8

They could check out the stuff left behind from '69. Or go see whats under the airbrushings. Or the recent projectile damage. Lots to see.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Go Russia/China...find those flags and reflectors...then all our minds can be put at rest!.......anyone think there's some backhanded money exchanges going on from US or are they really getting scared...it's gonna come out one day my US friends.
I'mstill on the fence but after those ridiculous shots of landing sites where there were lil trails recently...you've got to start questioning...after all there have been recent close up shots of surface of the moon....just show me a flag!

All this stuff about water...great...but show us the evidence that we've been there before as well.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Theyll censor their pics just a heavily as nasa. The ruskies have the powerful rockets, so it may be a small matter for them to do this.
But i think it is more than just a race to claim the moon, and probably more like a race to claim some prestige back which they have seemed to loose since the breakup of the union.
I wish them well, but nobody has the ech to claim the moon yet.
Get there, and back, maybe, but claiming the moon will take a settlement of some proportions.
This may be beyond any one countys resources.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Although Russia cant claim the moon, the Republic of China can, so its possible both these nations could work together to achieve this goal.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I am just curious as to why they would say it beforehand.
It is soooo much easier to win a race, if you don't tell your opponents that you're racing.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

They are just trying to trick us into spending ourselves into the debt ditch even faster is my theory.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That is a possibility.
Trying to kick us while we're down.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by TKDRL

That is a possibility.
Trying to kick us while we're down.

Yep, well look how stretched the US is, they have their forces all over the world and with a dying economy... russia on the other hand are playing their cards close to their chest, they are in a much better position to do it, so maybe they want to take this chance, if they manage to set up shop on the moon (they could use taiwan for this as they have their own space organisation) they could reap the planet of unlimited materials, i have no doubt in my mind they have thought of this.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Russian scientists have touted the moon as a potential source of energy, saying it contains large reserves of helium 3, a sought-after isotope that may be the key to a new way of generating power

according to the following link, It seems like they have a long term goal of building a moon base, so they can mine helium 3.

www.telegraph.co.uk...#

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Moon missions simply have little return of investment.

You are obviously not going to haul back to Earth substantial quantities of any rare metal or Helium 3 in the vessels we can get there. A Lunar base of possible self sustainability with anything mined there seems to be a more plausible scenario, as to build a launch site from the Moon to take off from for Mars manned missions, the storable fuel not spent to leave the Lunar gravity would afford most of the fuel to be saved for the deep space mission. But there's that vehicular transport issue again. How do we get a large enough craft to the Moon to begin with?

I wonder, with the moon's lesser gravity, if something like a rail gun could be used to fire "cargoes" of precious metals back to Earth.

The cargo would have to be inside something, obviously, capable of performing re-entry maneuvers...just thinking out loud.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

You still have the issue of getting the vessels to the moon to begin with.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Well, Bigelow's inflatable craft would be a bit of a start. They can be sent over on a standard heavy rocket. Some level of manufacturing would have to be done in orbit for vehicles to retrieve ore from the moon itself, though.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
First thing I thought of when I read that is the US gov't or other powerful countries saying "let them have it." Not sure why, but it's almost like no one really cares to get back to the moon. I'd think they already would have done so? But anyway the space race was back in the...I want to say 70's?...so, let me ask you this: does the little flag up there on the moon mean anything anymore? Since it's there I imagine many might think "well, we were here first so it's ours" but then again...that was in the late 70's. Furthermore, the moon is rather large...isn't there enough to go around?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
the moon is just a base and re'fueling station.
to get to the astroid belt and othere planets.
the world needs to split up the moon so every one gets some.
or the futre wars will start on the moon
and end on earth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join