It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X Finally Reaches Hollywood -- Melancholia -- 4/8/2011 -- Must see the trailer.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Ahh i see, i can understand the sensation thing as i get it too, i just chock it up to the neuropathy.

But if you did have said visual discharge, this could be helped with a 6 foot copper rod from Home Depot.
But if there were a planetary body screaming at us no rod would do any help.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
reply to post by g146541

i have a strange sensation. you can't see anything with it. i think its energy or something. i can bring it back into my body a little then and its very weird.

its not really static though. a lot of people are now complaining about static discharges now but I don't think that is what it is happening to them. i used to get that a lot in a place I worked and this is different.

its all good.

, what?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
okay, i guess im gonna be in the minority here, but this movie looks really weak. and what up with using b list actors? sorry just have no love for dunst or sutherland. his dad is awesome though.

No problem, but Lars Von Trier's film 'Dogville' is one of my favorite films. His movies are all quite depressing, and usually very critical and scathing of society, and societal hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I like doomsday movies with a happy ending like Day After Tomorrow.
If they end it with the destruction of humanity, makes me uncomfortable...lol
Loving all the fearmongering Hollywood is causing though. Working like a charm to the manipulated masses.
edit on 9-4-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This film looks awful!

ALS

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Loving all the fearmongering Hollywood is causing though. Working like a charm to the manipulated masses.
edit on 9-4-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

I think fearmongering is what we see all day in MSM. Politics, economies, murderers, violence in news. Seems nothing good happens in the worls. All tragedy.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
oh wow, got to go see this.

then we can go outside the theater
and see the real one. lol

I tells ya there's a conspiracy here.
That's the same actor from the remake
of Orwell's 1984. English actor, his
name escapes me at the moment.
dang-it

He also played in "The Oxford Murders"
with Elijah Woods
edit on 4/9/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

that's kinda rude, man, BUT I like it.......does it make me worse than you ?!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

John Hurt, isn't it? He was in Alien, too.

Anyway...

I wouldn't call this a popular theme - most people have no idea what the hell Planet X is. We just think it is popular, because we sit here discussing these things on a regular basis. Try asking a coworker - they'll have no idea. I do think that, because Hollywood writers have no original ideas of their own, they trawl the internet looking for cool stuff to write about.

I'll watch it, but I hope it's not boring. He has a tendency toward self-indulgence in his films.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by steven704
Well what can i say? i hope this isn't all to desensitize us if this is ever truly announced.
thanks for posting this

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

I dont think people realize that movies are not sent out by some higher source who says what can and cannot be shown to the public (to an extent).

The people who write this screenplays are ...? just like you. these people read the same things, are influenced by the same things, hell, they all might be members of ATS. These are people interested in the same things that you are, hence the reason why they wrote said story.

I dont know why people dont see this. There is nothing mystical, no magic forces at play.

Write a good enough screenplay about aliens and if it gets made, your going to have people on ATS screaming the illuminati wrote it. (im not trying to imply you all think it is the illuminati, but cmon people.....)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
John Hurt, isn't it? He was in Alien, too.

yep !!! that's him !!!
He was also in Harry Potter 1
as the shop keeper who gave
Harry his wand.
great actor

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Here's another thread on movie about a hidden planet or some kind of big event coming.

- www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's called THE TREE OF LIFE by Terrence Malick.

Now I consider these 2 directors to be really intelligent in their work and would be surprised if they we're following anything else then their own inspiration for these movies.

Maybe they know a little more - maybe they are just following the hype - maybe they are like everyone here and it is their way to approach a powerful subject like that!

Either way - these two movies look epic to me!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Oh! and BTW -

The title of this thread is absolutely misleading in many ways.

I know we often have to go for the shock value if we want a thread to be seen, but as far as Nibiru reaching Hollywood!!!!!!

First of all, this is not a Hollywood movie, it's a co-production from France/Germany/Sweden/Denmark

+

Scenarios of another planet coming in contact with earth was explored in 1951 with a movie called WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE, which is actually being remade and coming out in 2012.

Just thought it deserved the clarification.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What I don't understand is, In the trailer the Kid says there is a planet behind the Sun, Don't we orbit around the Sun so we can always see what behind it..

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

whoa, haha, you're totally right. not sure why i was bringing 2012 into this, my fault.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
reply to post by RUSSO

whoa, haha, you're totally right. not sure why i was bringing 2012 into this, my fault.

I think because the whole 2012 meme.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Looks awful, even worse than Contact.

Sure it may be the guys style, but it's not mine.
All personal beliefs aside this idea for a movie should be great, but somehow it looks as if it is a boring sop fest.
How to make the end of the world incredibly dull.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I already created a thread about this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I already wrote this in movies forum in BTS, but thought to share my thought on this movie in this thread too. I saw this today and I´m a bit blown away by this, excuse me

Firstly, it´s not Hollywood movie and secondly it´s nothing like usual "catastrophe-movie". It´s European and it´s director is Lars von Trier. It´s actually very beautiful film visually and also symbolistic.
What I really liked about it and what made it different from main-stream:
*no panicking masses, only one idyllic country-place and one family with it´s difficult relationships
*NO worrying US president with his team, who argue what should be told to public
*no explosions or burning cars and other things
*No TV, no news about catastrophe in the movie. Just couple of references to internet, where are different speculations about the planet.
*ending was beautiful, when they built kind of pyramide and sat there, holding hands.
*it´s about much deeper things than physical apocalypse.

It was good IMO. People these days can´t see symbolism in art anymore. Collision with huge planet was real, but deeply symbolistic at the same time. As the ending in general. So, I don´t know, is it preparing for some real event or not, but it´s defintely different. It really was melancholic and strangly "closed", because there were like no outside world, no TV, no politics, just family in anonymous country.
I liked "Knowing" too, but panicking masses in the city streets, explosions and sad news-reporters on the flickering TV-screen in the gas station are geting old.

If you read the first review from this page you should get the idea too, it´s good: IMD Link
It really is about good and evil and good destroying evil. Sometimes we should see deeper in the art, not just look for conspiracies.
Anyway, I recommend yo to see it before you decide what it is.

Btw, quess what was the name of the little boy? Yes, Leo

edit on 14-8-2011 by Amandla because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join