It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CME headed towards Earth....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

There are lots of ways for power utilities to handle the situation. Texas is interesting in that its power grid is not well connected to the rest of the US. At least that was true a few years back. With that situation Texas must be more self reliant and also the rest of the US is not as troubled when things go wrong in Texas.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
ah, there is NO PROOF of this. Excuse me, but what on earth does this have to do with the CME headed towards earth 2012 thing? HERE, let me help you. It has nothing at all to do with and is irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Do you think mother nature can see this one coming or is it going to a swift knock out upper cut *pow right in the kisser* kind of event? Jokes aside it's nothing to worry about, the stock market and your investments if you have them are a different matter.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Thanks for that. I was waiting on someone to provide me more basis to work from. I'm not freaking out at all but I read a lot of articles and I visit many websites, some credible, some, eh, not so credible....

I am not in Texas, I'm east coast. However, I just can't take turning on the news with constant stories of massive heat waves, CME's, birds and cattle dying, energy crisis, EQ's, stock market collapse, more job layoffs, economy nose-diving, 401K's nose-diving, etc, etc.

Oh yeah and it's Obama's b-day - and he has grey hair. Woo-Hoo.

It is really making me believe that either we are too wired in to the news, either via radio, television or internet or that something is going on with us as a people and on our planet.

And if it is that we are constantly being spoon fed such negative news, maybe that's why a normal CME seems much worse than it is in reality, you know?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
We had at least one X class flare fired at Earth in the last few months and it didnt do much other than produce a nice lightshow.

As for Crystal Skulls all they have done is make the owners lots and lots of money. Go figure ...
edit on 5/8/11 by The Asgard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

You are spot on in your conclusion. It is not that events themselves have ramped up (so to speak), it is because the information about these events can be dispersed to a larger audience more frequently.

Ten years ago, our computers were bound to our desks, wifi hotspots were virtually non-existent and cell phones were just phones. People still carried pagers as their primary remote communication mechanism. Myspace, Facebook and twitter did not exist. AOL was the primary online social community.

Five years ago, desktops are still widely used commercially and in the home but more and more consumers are purchasing laptops. Cell phones were becomming more robust with regards to becomming information devices. Twitter had entered it's fifth month of life. Myspace was the primary social network and Facebook was primarily used by college level students.

Now, we have ePads. ePads are still in their infancy but gaining popularity. Facebook is the primary social network and twitter is, well twitter is twitter. Cellphones and ePads alike are widely available that allow for us to directly access Facebook, twitter, RSS newsfeeds. Yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda. It's basically information overload.

Our society is an information society, our world seems smaller because instead of waiting 5 days for a letter, you can just tweet or update a facebook profile and boom, instant communication. Why take the time to dial a phone number when you can just text them. Why take the time to go to the store and buy your new tv, when you can just order it online. Why take the time to go to the bank when you can just take a picture of your check and electronically deposit it. People are becomming so technology inundated that we use these few examples to try and gain more time in our lives.

It's easier (no doubt) which then allows for more time to read and post on ATS.

-saige-

edit on 5-8-2011 by saige45 because: Corrected post.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
as of 8/5/2011 11:24 EST there is a combined two CME heading this way... but so you know it is a 3 ejection event. The first CME hit us last night around 8pm EST. The next two to hit us around 10am UT give or take 7 hours. All of these CME stemed from M1 to M9 class solar flares.

Now is this a E.L.E.? No its not. Is it going to knock out our grid? No, its not. IF you would like to know what is happening with the Sun and like to see some neat stuff then I will give you some links. But I wont tell you what you are looking at. I want you to do some research for yourselves and learn something then you will know and understand the data that has been given to you.

spaceweather.com...

Hint: this shows solar flares over the past few days. Up to the min. real time data
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

There you go. Now your a bit more empowered. Just don't get addicted waiting for an E.L.E.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesEnd

Added for those who may need some further reading...like I did.
Relevant data as well as historical charts of the solar cycles and flares in the past decade.
Australian Space Weather Site

I found the chart which lists the largest solar flares since 1976 informative.
(X-class flares) ...

Some interesting aspects of the table are: Only 3 of the 20 flares occurred prior to the maximum of the cycle (December 1979 for Cycle 21; July 1989 for Cycle 22; and April 2000 for Cycle 23). The year of 1991 was the worst year for large solar flares - 7 of the 20 flares occurred in this year. The month of June 1991 produced most of these entries. The May 1984 was the latest flare in a solar cycle to be included in this list - it was more than four years after solar maximum. The November 1997 flare was the earliest in a cycle to make the list - only 18 months after solar minimum.

Other sites to add - SOHO Regarding the current M-class CME's due to arrive this evening -

The lop-sided but fast-moving cloud of particles headed off in the general direction of and may generate some aurora activity when it arrives.
They say the best time to check out the auroras is around midnight. : )

And the NOAA Space weather alerts. Which I have realized are useless unless you read-up on Protons, Geomagnetic impulses, sun cycles, etc. NOAA - Space Weather Alerts Page

Anyways, I found the above links quite helpful. And I figured I'd share them for any other "novices" that may look through this thread. If I sit here as quite as a church mouse, I will never learn anything.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i know the following opinion might be controversial, i dont care.

the m9 cme arrived the same day the chemtrail planes return from limbo

how convenient

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifespath420
I know it's a little early for reports but today my cellphone and computer as well as my moms computer, pc, and electronic exercise band have been acting strange and restarting themselves automatically, as the only cause that comes instantly to mind is the recent CME i figure i would post this here.

I'm in Orem, Utah, USA.

My mom works in Draper, Utah, USA

Has anyone else experianced similiar things today?

edit on 8-4-2011 by lifespath420 because: (no reason given)

I have also been experiencing the restarting of my cell phone and laptop issues. My laptop makes random beeping noises and my cell phone also shuts itself off completely, loses complete reception, makes long high pitched beeping noises, freezes, buzzes for no reason. Same thing happens to my other friends' phones and we all have different phones or are from different phone companies.

From Northern and Southern California (Central Valley and Inland Empire). The altitudes vary (92ft/28m) and (860ft/262m)
edit on (1/15/1212 by hachiban08 because: Needed to add more information.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join