It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CME headed towards Earth....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
People are saying that there is a CME headed towards Earth.

People are having dreams of the Earth on Fire.

Will this impact us? Do you have any feelings on this?

I believe crisis can be averted, but only due to a Mayan Skull, lately, that has been found.

These skulls are very powerful and legend has it that they are here to protect it from doom.

So i was wondering if you guys knew anything about these skulls cause i cant find any informtation on how they work and stuff.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

They can store massive amounts of data because of the quartz content. I'm talking about millions of terabytes of information, all inside one skull.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
im not going to lie, i had a dream last month about me just walking down the street and suddenly the sun exploded and fire covered everything and i know i died in my dream. i don't believe in dreams or anything like that but it's weird to know more people have this dream.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

all crystal skulls that i'm aware of have been proven to be relatively modern in their manufacturing.
tests on skulls in britain/paris/mitchell-hedges have shown to have been made with tools available in the last 150 years or so.

i really love the concept of crystal skulls but am not convinced of their supernatural/mystical powers.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I remember years ago a documentary I think on the crystal skulls, that there is meant to be 12 or 13 of them, and that there is supposed to be guardians for each one. I could be wrong, if anyone can set me straight I would appreciate it

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I know it's a little early for reports but today my cellphone and computer as well as my moms computer, pc, and electronic exercise band have been acting strange and restarting themselves automatically, as the only cause that comes instantly to mind is the recent CME i figure i would post this here.

I'm in Orem, Utah, USA.

My mom works in Draper, Utah, USA

Has anyone else experianced similiar things today?

edit on 8-4-2011 by lifespath420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Solar Update
04/08/2011 by Kevin VE3EN at 22:30 UTC
Comment on Message Board

Solar Update - The Solar X-Rays have been very low in the past 24 hours. All of the current sunspots (1184,1185,1186 and 1187) remain quiet.

Sunspot 1185 has split in two and the second part of this region was re-numbered 1188. A small new sunspot formed in the southern hemisphere and was numbered 1189 on Friday. There is no chance for strong solar flares.

A bright CME was observed in the latest Lasco images, but was a farside event and will have no impact on earth.

what CME?
Witch skull the chocolate one or the vanilla flavored one?
How much data have they got out of that skull and what is the data about or do you mean they could make the skull into that many computer chips?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Could the skulls be ancient Mayan prophecies of doom or relics from the Lost City of Atlantis? Or do they, as some believe, store the vast knowledge of a highly advance extraterrestrial civilization. To try to answer these questions, SCI FI has launched an unprecedented expedition into the jungles of Belize to track down the missing skulls. It’s a quest worthy of Indiana Jones himself and one that tries to unlock the knowledge about humanity’s imminent destiny.

Lester Holt follows in the footsteps of British explorer and adventurer Frederick Mitchell-Hedges, an inspiration for the fictional Indiana Jones character, whose daughter discovered the first ancient crystal skull in the 1920s in the Mayan ruins of Lubaantun. Bill Homann, a modern-day adventurer and caretaker of the Mitchell-Hedges’ skull, joins Lester on the quest that takes them through the treacherous jungles of Belize and in the rough waters of the Honduran coast. Together, with clues that Homann obtained from Mitchell-Hedges’ daughter and local Mayans, they go in search of another missing skull while surviving the bat-ridden caves and alligator infested rivers. Along the way, they come across amazing discoveries including a hidden Mayan temple that could house more treasures.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I, too, had a similar dream the morning of the Japanese earthquake about a city crumbling into ash due to an unabating fire ravaging the earth. In my dream it was the direct consequence of a nuclear disaster though, rather than a CME. It is curious that many are having similar dreams. It is possible that this is a result of the amount of natural disasters that are currently occurring around the planet that our subconscious is subtly picking up on.

Or we could be having prophetic dreams about the end times of course....who exactly has these skulls and what sort of analysis is being done of them?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by manticorex5

I had the same sort of dream not long ago. Don't know whether it was the sun or an asteroid/comet, but something exploded in the sky and I died in my dream aswell. my dreams have been getting stranger lately aswell.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
INCOMING CME? Newly-arriving data from NASA's STEREO probes suggest that a coronal mass ejection (CME) might be heading toward Earth. The source of the cloud appears to be sunspot complex 1185-1186, which experienced an episode of magnetic instability during the early hours of April 9th. Stay tuned for updates to this preliminary analysis.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
will be fine.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken the CME headed towards us is only a C-class, which is not menacing. The ones we should look at are the X and M ones. But hey, we'll surely be hit by one of these in a couple of months, as the Sun has entered the solar maximum...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

I don't know if crystal skulls, or mayan skulls, or potato chips can save us from a CME. But one thing I know and I am sure of is that your profile pic looks like Dr. J. Allen Hynek.
edit on 9-4-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

I'm not afraid about a CME "impacting earth" and neither should you be.

Dreams are also not a reliable source.

:-)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
God

I hope this doesn't happen before next week! I just bought a 2008 pontiac solstice GXP with only 7000 miles on it! It's a turbo convertible....

Yikes

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

i have dreams about the moon and the sun a lot, i think they pose great significance as to the shift that's happening, nothing about fire though, according to my physics teacher the sun wont throw a single huge eruption at us unless it saves up the energy for months then lets loose, as of now there are periodic sunspots/flares so that wont happen.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
CMEs hit the Earth. It happens. Nothing other than modern infrastructure is affected.

Why would Mayan skulls, which are modern fakes, be needed to protect the Earth from something that did not affect the Mayans. They had no satellites, or electronic circuits, or long distance power lines to protect.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Do like this, sit down and read about something let say... how to bake a cake, read about it all day long and i guarantee you will dream about....baking..

About the CME, i dont really think it will affect us so much more then just like someone else here said our infrastructre (Electricity etc) , Maybe we will be affected in that way we will have a little warmer summer then usual?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I was watching an ABC evening news broadcast which discussed the massive heat wave that is still blanketing 18 of the US states.

Particularly parts of Texas are having trouble keeping up with the huge power demand. Dallas, Texas is now having to reopen old power plants to keep up with the major demand on the energy grid.

I guess I'm just a bit worried that these two m-class CME's mixed with the prolonged heat waves we're experiencing in parts of the US, could really mess some things up for us including communications or the power grid.

And before anyone thinks I'm going doom and gloom, I'm not. I just don't think it's the best time for our sun to throw punches at us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join