It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census 'dawdlers' face house call

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Census 'dawdlers' face house call

www.bbc.co.uk

Seven million households which have not completed and returned the census in England and Wales are being warned that they face a visit from officials.

Some 29,000 census collectors will begin visiting householders who have not returned their questionnaire to help, or persuade, them to complete it.

Completing the census is compulsory and not doing so could mean a £1,000 fine.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6/4/11 by moosevernel because: title

edit on 6/4/11 by moosevernel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Well here we go again with the census drama. It seems to me that they are taking this very seriously this year. Why is the question i want to ask.

There were a few words in this BBC article that i found quite disturbing to be honest.

The north east of England has seen 75% compliance, compared to London which has the lowest compliance rate at just 60%. The ONS said it had anticipated that London would be a "challenging area" and almost 6,000 collectors would be door-knocking across the city. Glen Watson, 2011 Census director, said he was "pleased that nearly three-quarters of the forms have come back just nine days after Census Day".

The term compliance leaves a feeling in me that i just dont like and im sure they could have used a term such as '75% of North East England completed and returned thier census..etc.'
We will face a fine if we fail to comply. I mean c'mon COMPLY. laughable. So now they are sending people round to your home to intimidate you into filling out your census form. Be warned people..!!

MooseVernel

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6/4/11 by moosevernel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
That's ridiculous. Last time there was a Census in Australia I didn't even receive a copy, and pretty much forgot all about it. No-one bothered me about it. In fact, I've never actually taken part in a Census. I don't think the government realises I exist!

What happens to people if they're overseas, or in hospital etc? I think the government would be better off providing some kind of small reward for completing the Census rather than threatening people with fines and using bullying tactics.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Filled mine in online.

To be honest, there was nothing in the form that "they" don't already have! Just too lazy to collect all the data from different sections of the government /council.

At least me and my son are now Jedi anyway

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I am also the Jedi way as well.

Actually, how many people put Jedi as a religion in this survey.

I bet some of the forms must be funny to read through as well.

This guy here asked some good questions about the census form :-

Census phone call

So we do NOT have to sign the front and we can also put 'none of your business' for any relevant section that you do not want to fill in.

I wish I knew this before hand. lol

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Those census workers are going to be busy then - 7 million people ! Considering this government are cutting back left right and center, don't they have better things to do with 'our' money!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
So what are the anti-census people really worried about? What information are you worried the gov will now have (that they don't already have) which they can use against you?

I filled mine out online but as I'm moving house shortly, the data isn't going to be valid for very long, so... meh.

Is it the "idea" that a large body wants to know about the people in the country? There was nothing on that form that "infringed" on my beliefs. It didn't want to know my bank statements, my pin codes, my sexual preferences or how many people I've killed. And as the previous poster said, if you were really against any of the questions, simply mark, "None of your business".

However, I too am a Jedi and worry not for such trivial matters. My census even says so.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I just read this on the BBC, I'm in Scotland and never filled mine out either but the report says people in England "might" be visited, like a lot of things we up in Scotland get away with more...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

i think it was the fact that lockheed martin are running the census and as i stated in a previous thread of mine this is an EU wide census and information will be shared with member countries no matter what the government say.

Other than that i was just wondering why they are taking this census in particular so seriously

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Well they can knock... and then they can go away.

Who's paying the 29,000 census collectors to visit the 7 million?
WHY is it compulsory? TPTB knew all the rubbish on the form anyway.. Paf!! Let them come knocking... let them find £1k too as I sure as hell don't have it.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
It's ok we can easily afford chasing people up. We're rolling in money! so much in fact our government decides to give it away!
£650 million to Pakistan for education

edit on 6/4/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
and don't forget the £7billion to bail out Ireland !

The term 'penny wise, pound stupid' comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
reply to post by noonebutme

Other than that i was just wondering why they are taking this census in particular so seriously

They want to know who is worth saving in the coming year. Thank god I put my occupation as The Saviour of the World, should see me right. Oh I am also a Jedi as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
Those census workers are going to be busy then - 7 million people ! Considering this government are cutting back left right and center, don't they have better things to do with 'our' money!

This census cost us 250 million pound, and they can knock all they want knock all day and night. If i do answer the door i will have my German Shepard in hand and ask them to explain the EXACT LAW that requires me to tell them anything, Considering they still have not responded to the letter i sent them.

Census workers - go swivel on this

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel

i think it was the fact that lockheed martin are running the census and as i stated in a previous thread of mine this is an EU wide census and information will be shared with member countries no matter what the government say.

Oh yeh. I forgot about that.

Hmm. I have to admit, I don't like the idea of it. "They" have said that no actual census information will be seen or viewed by any Lockeeh Martin employee. BUt then they also said no airpot full body scan images would be kept either and look where that is..

I does irk me that we have to have an American company handle our census info. The more I think about it, the more I'm getting irked.

new topics

top topics

join