It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light a Candle for the Workers at Fukushima.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
They are called Heroes by their own people. Men of distinguished courage and ability, admired for their brave deeds and noble qualities. They will all be gone soon, if not already. Thrown under the bus, by the very people who hired them to do a Heroes' task, but gave them no tools to accomplish that job. TEPCO will live with the shame, of what they have done to these Brave Souls...

The roughly 400 men risking their lives to prevent the situation from deteriorating even further at the wrecked plant sleep in a building on the plant grounds. They lie on the floor in hallways, in stairwells and even in front of the clogged toilets. Each man has been given a blanket.

There are two meals a day: rationed biscuits in the morning and instant rice and Caloriemate, an energy supplement wafer, in the evening. Initially, each worker received only one bottle of water a day. Now they receive two. The men on whose shoulders the fate of the entire country of Japan rests are not even being given fresh underwear. "Everyone is dreaming of a cup of tea," one worker told the Japanese newspaper Yomiuri.

Workers without Dosimeters

Most of the men wear white protective suits made of Tyvek, a paper-like synthetic material normally used in painters' gear. Neither he nor his coworkers have worn dosimeters, complains worker Masataka Hishida. It is one of the few inadequacies the Japanese nuclear regulatory agency has felt the need to point out. The men were not even given special shoes, says Hishida. The supervisors apparently told them to simply cover their shoes with plastic bags.www.spiegel.de...

Please, if you so feel, join me in lighting a Candle for those Brave Heroes. They deserve so much more, but this is all I can do for now. I hope that you will offer your support and prayers, with a moment of silence, and remembrance for True Heroes.

I have started a group called the "Fhero" www.gratefulness.org...

You may go to the main Light a Candle page to start. www.gratefulness.org...

To add your candle to the group, fill in group name Fhero while lighting your candle.

Bless them, and us, for they are giving their lives to help us all.

Des

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
my heart goes out to these selfless men. they are not only attempting to save a nation, but the entire ecosphere.
flame on.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
From Hiroshima

Foating candles in Töölönlahti Bay, on the anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thank You Zorgon. That brought tears to my eyes. May we never forget the Brave who have gone before.

Des

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The more I hear, the more it breaks my heat.....these "expendable" brave men, giving their lives for such a corrupt monster like TEPCO. I keep them in my prayers. The only people who know that their precious lives were wasted, are the greedy, merciless bosses, who sent them to do the impossible.

Des

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I wish the Japanese people a speedy recovery .

My thoughts are with those brave human beings who sacrifice themselves for their society .

武者 salute you !!!

edit on 6-4-2011 by 23432 because: grammer

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Light a candle? Absolutely NOT!

Yes these are brave men, yes they are making a brave sacrifice, yes they deserve a level of admiration, but lighting a candle is enough?

No do not light a candle for these men.
Do not hold a silent vigil!

Light a fire in your heart. Let it consume you with love that you will sacrifice all to never see such a sacrifice again. Let it burn deep into your soul that YOU become willing to sacrifice as these men do, but sacrifice to throwing down the system which breeds these kind of disasters.

Do not be silent! Make some noise! Tell your governments to get the hell out of the way of human progress. Tell your government we are done with fighting wars, we are done giving ourselves to the God known as money, tell your government we are no longer their slaves and that we demand they step out of the way of our human potential.

A Final Warning

The Plan

Heaven

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I agree with you. Lighting a candle isn't enough. But, it is a start. From one tiny flame, maybe will grow the fires of emotions that hopefully, will drive us on to be stronger, in making a stand for human decency. To no longer sit idly by, watching countless more in the future, give so much...for so little. We only have this one life to give, this time around the wheel.

Des

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

"There is a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious,
makes you so sick at heart,
that you can't take part;
you can't even passively take part,
and you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels,
upon the levers,
upon all the apparatus,
and you've got to make it stop.