It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How In The World Does The Media Get Away With Out Right Lying?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It would seem to me that the Media would have someone to answer to...How can the print or say anything be it true or not and not be held accountable for it. I guess now since all media is owned by TPTB that they can get by with it. I would hope though, that when the curtain is pulled back, which it will be very, very soon now, that WE as Americans hold these people accountable for being co-conspirators in each and every lie they have put out to the American people and the World.

As far as Barry is concerned, one of their bigger lies which they should be held and tried on for treason once this truth is established, the Media along with him should be tried and then literally disposed of in a humane way. We will not lower ourselves to torture and degrade them as they have and are still doing to many. Hopefully soon these people will realize that this society that they have help build cannot stand and that it is falling all around them and they will come to see that they must come back to the Truth and save what is left of Humanity...The ones that do this will be given credit for this and their punishment will be lowered....

Anyway, the truth will be known, things will be uncovered, and hopefully this will take place before we are all destroyed. From there we will build a new Nation where only truth and compassion rule not a bunch of inbred fools with minds that dwell on evil continually....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Exactly right.

The media is owned specifically as a manipulation/control mechanism.

Truth is not of any great interest to the tyrannical puppet masters.

The only truth they want is MORE POWER AND MORE WEALTH.

Given their empty souls, even trillions are never enough.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
they get away wityh it cos you let them away with it
simples

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Exactly,thats why I come here and do my own research>Does anybody remember when "public trust" actually meant something?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The media is just the great filter of information that takes valid facts and either blows them up or shrinks them down, and also simply makes stuff up to captivate audiences (*cough* Glenn Beck *cough*). Also they exist to cause a further separation of consensus on information, you can see this with the Fox news MSNBC rivalry.

To quote my late great hero...

"We are the docile masses! We are the puppet people, oh put it on our TV, it's true, put it on our TV its true..." - Bill Hicks

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The media control the news and thus what we believe.

I have seen them misquote a friend to imply he said the very opposite of what he meant, in order to support the story they wanted to run. When that happens, you question everything you read.

IMO the James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies was far more realistic than the writers ever imagined.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
They only way I know what the Media is doing now is I just happen to catch a view of it on my computer. I haven't cut my t.v. on in over a year now. I haven't read a newspaper in several yrs either....I see where people make post about the dumb things the media is up to these days and this informs me of what they are up to.....If every person would not use a t.v. for information, stop buying newspapers, just stop anything at all that helps the media keep going, this would hurt them badly....We know it's all lies so why do people keep listening to it? Bill Cooper had the right idea yrs before they murdered him. He, we, the people, were trying to buy controlling interest in one of the top newspapers in the Nation. I believe it was Gwinnett Times...I can't remember right this minute how this deal fell through, but it did. Maybe we couldn't raise enough money. I have honestly forgotten the reason as it was over 25 yrs ago.Anyway.If the truth could be put in front of enough people or the lies removed from the site of enough people we might could change things...I say might because it may already be to late to do it without a physical fight...Anyway, we will all find out and we will all find out soon....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

They get away with it because people forget or they forgive.
Plus, who will hold them accountable?
If they post a huge lie the retract it the next day on page 500 of the paper, oops sorry we had our facts wrong.
Politicians lie too and we forgive or forget about that too.
We allow it to happen, simple as that.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by audio assasin

You are just as involved as everyone, so you are to blame as well...

But that is not a point which should be made...

They have control over everything...

current.com...

Whomever controls the money, controls everything the money buys.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I guess now since all media is owned by TPTB that they can get by with it.

This claim is hilarious.

I could ask you to prove the media is owned by these mysterious "powers that be", but it would be pointless as anyone who owns it would be, in your mind, part of the "powers that be".

God I love this logic...

How do you know your media isn't owned by the "TPTB"?

How can the print or say anything be it true or not and not be held accountable for it.

The same way you, the man and that video, and biased news stations do it - they pretend their views are actually valid. Really, no "birther" is actually looking for a birth certificate because they don't think Obama is American, if that were the case, there would be no such thing as a birther as it would be easily settled by simply realizing the birth certificate has already been shown. They're just being taken advantage of by people that realize they can manipulate people into starting an issue from nothing, which in turn can result in something such as votes, publicity, a more dedicated following, money, etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Because the media is very manipulative!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

regardless of the proof for or against I have always said if you spend MILLIONS to keep your history documents from the public, YOU ARE GUILTY OF SOMETHING!!!!!

no person has ever spend millions on legal fees to not provide proof or provide documents to prove your position, plain and simple!!!

top topics

join