It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chilean sighting 03/04/2011.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I was very impressed with the footage in the link below.
South America continues to be a hotbed of activity, i wonder if it is because so many people seem to be on the lookout.

www.realufos.net...

At the moment there isn't any information to go with the video.
edit on 5/4/11 by CrashRetrieval because: Added text.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

I love how the website you linked to calls it a "clear triangle UFO", but for 9/10 of the video they aren't in that small triangle formation.

The size, speed and brightness is again consistant with them being another video of 3 Chinese Lanterns than form a small triangle shape for a few seconds.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think you're probably right people do notice more, if they are looking out for something in particular.
Nice videos. Wish they had held the camera more steady though.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Yep ,I agree with skyjohn , yet more video of lanterns .
This is starting to get annoying , I hate it as much as the people who will no doubt come here and start throwing the " Oh the old debunker lantern explanation " replies , but that is what they are .

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by skyjohn

Just wait for the gullible bunch to come over and start posting comments like "Woah, they're all over the world, what the heck, it's an alien invasion?!", "Oh, it's Chinese lanterns, I thought it was swamp gas reflected off Venus" and start accusing anyone who brings common sense to the thread being a close-minded skeptic or disinfo agent... When things are not as simple as these people see them... Seriously, it was funny the first time, the second time it got a chuckle out of me, from the third time onwards it is just annoying, not adding anything relevant in the discussion...

Hope you don't get me wrong OP, this isn't towards you at all!!!

But these do behave 100% like Chinese lanterns, so that's my guess. And hey, I'm a believer, who thought common sense goes well with that

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hehe, you beat me to it 3 minutes earlier!

Sfy

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Lanterns don't stay in the sky for a day for a day and a night.

And who releases them in day time??

Okay, they just don't.

Whatever it was it is unknown.

And strange, but that's it.

(when will they finally stop hovering and start landing)

edit on 5-4-2011 by sevensheeps because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

No doubt someone will also come in and say that it's a "shapeshifting triangle" or some such nonsense.

I agree with you that these repeated lantern threads are getting annoying, i've only been a forum member a few weeks and i've already noticed new one is made every couple of days.

The forum mods should just be dumping them in the hoax bin straight away.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

In my own defence it was the bottom video that caught my eye the most.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

The last video is of some helicopters.

You didn't wonder why the person who uploaded it added loud ship horn sound effects, what sounds like sounds from a school classroom and some other random music over his UFO video

It's obviously to mask the sound of the helicopters.
edit on 5-4-2011 by skyjohn because: (no reason given)

link   
Irrelevant post...

Gosh, this is embarassing

edit on 5-4-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

link   
Whenever you criticise videos such as this you should ask yourself: "could this be made by man". This vid could be of anything; kites, lanterns, rc helicopers, whatevs. I realise that everyone hates the term "chinese lanterns" and other off the cuff explantions and I know that we all want to believe.

However this is not a good example of why.
edit on 5-4-2011 by AtraxRobustus because: sp

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrashRetrieval
reply to post by ch1n1t0

In my own defence it was the bottom video that caught my eye the most.

No worries, mate, wasn't directed at you at all.

I agree with skyjohn on the daylight video. Was wondering about the random noises that were put in the video until he actually shed some light... More power to him!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Quality stuff:

Seems to be in motion, seems to be multiple sightings one of the images is quite detailed showing the underside of whatever it is.

Thanks for posting

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
wether or not its chinese lanterns swamp gas or aliens from another galaxy why the hell do people have to film them with crappy dance music playing or failing that just dub over some cheesey creepy sci fi type theme!

The night time footage is as always in-concnlusive imo (interesting non the less). The day time footage is a little distant. I wish people would try steady their camera, i know not everybody has a tripod or carries one everywhere.
Deserves more attention though just because it has multiple witnesses.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Does anybody know if it is possible for Chinese lanterns to change colors?

l know they do flicker, but changing colors like that?

new topics

top topics

join