It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rant:can we dispense with URGENT!: MUST READTHIS! headlines????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Rant:
Does anybody really apply more importance to threads titled" URGENT:"or" MUST READ"?
Personally i avoid those as obvious pleas for attention...( yes I see the carefully crafted irony here).
Along with "PROOF" threads which almost never are.

can I get an "Amen"( or a nondenominational: "yo!") for a little critical thinking here?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

AMEN!!
I think people are just attention seekers to be honest.
If I see MUST READ or URGENT or ALERT or OMG I won't even click on it because I won't reward the sensationalism.
I actually made a thread on this a few years back.
To me it is just screaming for attention and I hate giving them what they want.
I wish these people would just stop being so dramatic about everything.

If a thread is good it can stand on its own 2 feet without the sensationalistic title.
Edit...pay no attention to the negative nellies...we get those types as well.
edit on 4-4-2011 by DrumsRfun because: Never eat endangered species with ketchup....its just wrong.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

You get neither for crying wolf little puss. Seriously, you humans are judges. Thats the only thing you robots do on here is judge people and their opinions and telling them they are wrong. How sad. Why would you cry wolf anyways? You are still living the American smoke screen of lies and deception. Am I the only one man army in this country brave enough to take on 300 million plus American slaves and free you greedy humans?

Today I face the court on charges of two counts of driving without a drivers license. I will fight it for my state of Texas and the free men and women who choose to live free of tyranny. Let it be known that I, Reaper of Sin (humans) will start the revolution today. While you watch the news the next couple of days, you will see a home grown terrorist (haha me they will label) take down the court system. While the rest of you will still hide behind your USA mother of a whore. Peace will not last forever for you humans as they are sharpening the grinders for your bones.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Not to be rude..but..really? People are suffering beyond belief in Japan. To many bad bad things going on and we should be worried about Thread titles?

Again..not trying to be rude..just don't see the importance nor do I see how it really applies to our Fact finding, Data gathering, purpose here on ATS. We are fighting a battle here for Truth and Knowledge. Not what we should put in our title threads... ~

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Someone has already moaned about his...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReaPErofSIN
reply to post by 46ACE

You get neither for crying wolf little puss. Seriously, you humans are judges. Thats the only thing you robots do on here is judge people and their opinions and telling them they are wrong. How sad. Why would you cry wolf anyways? You are still living the American smoke screen of lies and deception. Am I the only one man army in this country brave enough to take on 300 million plus American slaves and free you greedy humans?

Today I face the court on charges of two counts of driving without a drivers license. I will fight it for my state of Texas and the free men and women who choose to live free of tyranny. Let it be known that I, Reaper of Sin (humans) will start the revolution today. While you watch the news the next couple of days, you will see a home grown terrorist (haha me they will label) take down the court system. While the rest of you will still hide behind your USA mother of a whore. Peace will not last forever for you humans as they are sharpening the grinders for your bones.

If you think you're Joan of Arc or any Man, Women fighting across the world..A hero.... you're not. You got caught twice while driving with-out a drivers license and you're going to battle the injustice of that for all mankind?

You're purposely trying to be funny right? If not.. have you ever heard of the word grandiose? Come off you're pedestal and fight for more important issues.

A home grown terrorist that takes down the Court System because you got caught driving without a license twice..and for what? Drinking? I hope not because as an American.. you kill one of mine on the road because of your carelessness I'll show you where you can put your PEACE..
edit on 4-4-2011 by tracehd1 because: change

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Can we dispense with it. No! not unless you seek to control the actions of people. So what if people use this as a method to draw attention to themselves, or to what they consider to be an important point of view. Stop picking holes in people because your bored. Lighten up a bit. Its not that much of an issue. With all the forrums and interesting subjects there are to get involved in on this site. This is the best you could come up with? Try expanding your mind a little bit.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

"Take down the courts.?
uh huh
Off your meds today cupcake?"
I see no "crying wolf" anywhere in my O.p. or do you have the reading comprehension of a 4thgrader?

abusive AND OFF TOPIC
Enjoy the taxpayers orange jump suit and free hotel accomodations tough guy....

added: Jared Loughner? izzat you??how'd you get accessto a keyboard?

edit on 4-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Someone has already moaned about his...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

whoa:

correct
I guess I

shoulda' woulda' coulda' run a search

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
Not to be rude..but..really? People are suffering beyond belief in Japan. To many bad bad things going on and we should be worried about Thread titles?

Again..not trying to be rude..just don't see the importance nor do I see how it really applies to our Fact finding, Data gathering, purpose here on ATS. We are fighting a battle here for Truth and Knowledge. Not what we should put in our title threads... ~

Hi:
Thanks; yes there are a multitude of threads already on actual major crisis and possible major crisis and psuedo crisis and just plain made up crap and "DOOM!".

My measely little thread is not a big deal.Other than to the caped crusader above who's going to jail for bucking the system.In honor of whom I present Chris Rocks:"how not to get "hassled" bythe po-leece".

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

As I stated before since you can't read. Driving without a license is totally different then a DWI/DUI. As a non drinker, non violent person, it is my duty as today to be a V against oppression. I know i'm right. The laws of man and the constitution are being crapped on everyday and your telling me i'm wrong? You must be a christian for your hateful judgement. Just remember a traveller to and from work in a private automobile on public roads is a natural right from our creator. (Not God by the way). A license is required for commercial commerce. Such as earning or producing over the road. But your right. I'm wrong for standing against a perfectly flawed system. HA

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The best response is no response.

Of course, the like-minded bottom feeders will still respond with stars and flags.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

reply to post by tracehd1

As I stated before since you can't read. Driving without a license is totally different then a DWI/DUI. As a non drinker, non violent person, it is my duty as today to be a V against oppression. I know i'm right. The laws of man and the constitution are being crapped on everyday and your telling me i'm wrong? You must be a christian for your hateful judgement. Just remember a traveller to and from work in a private automobile on public roads is a natural right from our creator. (Not God by the way). A license is required for commercial commerce. Such as earning or producing over the road. But your right. I'm wrong for standing against a perfectly flawed system. HA

I think i know what your driving at. I watched a video about how our laws are derived from maritime laws which govern ownership of products by companies. As you are neither a product nor belong to a company then the laws dont apply to you. If im right then i'd love to hear how things pan out in court. If you simply see the fine as an attack on your freedom then you are fighting a losing battle. You'd be better off leaving "society" behind and moving to somewhere like "Almost heaven". A community that headed for the hills and decided to refuse to pay taxes etc.
edit on 4/4/11 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join