It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A helpful site for Europeans and a Handy radiation chart.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just found some useful information to keep an eye on radiation levels in Europe and a handy chart that will help you understand radiation dosage

The site:
eurdepweb.jrc.ec.europa.eu...

And the chart:
www-tc.pbs.org...

I hope this will help my european neighbours be more informed

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Thanks!

Flag and star for the info.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

did you make this thread because you are worried the the radiation from JAPAN will somehow effect EUROPE? I dont think that if i lived in europe that I would be too worried about it...it has to travel over 2 oceans and a continent...so if people in europe are stressing over this then way to be prepared i guess

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
reply to post by Itop1

did you make this thread because you are worried the the radiation from JAPAN will somehow effect EUROPE? I dont think that if i lived in europe that I would be too worried about it...it has to travel over 2 oceans and a continent...so if people in europe are stressing over this then way to be prepared i guess

It already has reached us:
www.metro.co.uk...

and im keeping an eye on it, since theres been nothing but lies about this right from the start, you shouldnt trust anyone but your own eyes, at first they said it was a "bit of steam".....

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

i understand that you are worried and i dont believe things that i am told,especially if it comes from MSM,but i live in PA and I havent even really been keeping an eye on it because yeah its worse then they say but i believe that i get more harmful radiation standing in front of my microwave waiting for hot pocket to get done then i will from the fallout from the reactors

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
and im keeping an eye on it, since theres been nothing but lies about this right from the start, you shouldnt trust anyone but your own eyes, at first they said it was a "bit of steam".....

Well, I'll trust the science.

No need to panic at all in Europe or the States. The amount of radiation seeping into the environment from the stricken Japanese reactors is not a problem. It is a serious situation, but it is not a Chernobyl.

Don’t panic and don’t over-egg the implications.

Regards

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I am in the UK and I am concerned about this. Also please bear in mind that you can be directly subject to the consequences of what is happening in Japan without being exposed to large amounts of radiation. The implications of the crisis have yet to be ascertained on a global scale, but anyone who doubts this IS a global issue as opposed to a localised incident as you seem to be implying is wrong.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Well, I'll trust the science.

No need to panic at all in Europe or the States. The amount of radiation seeping into the environment from the stricken Japanese reactors is not a problem. It is a serious situation, but it is not a Chernobyl.

Don’t panic and don’t over-egg the implications.

Regards

I also trust in science and right now theres only a handful of people acctually telling us the WHOLE truth because the government and other associated scientists are holding back information....

I prefer the words of Alexey Yablokov, member of the Russian academy of sciences, and adviser to President Gorbachev at the time of Chernobyl: "When you hear 'no immediate danger' [from nuclear radiation] then you should run away as far and as fast as you can."

Read full article here: www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I prefer the words of Alexey Yablokov, member of the Russian academy of sciences, and adviser to President Gorbachev at the time of Chernobyl: "When you hear 'no immediate danger' [from nuclear radiation] then you should run away as far and as fast as you can."

Chernobyl was a cover up from the start. There were fundamental mistakes in tackling the incident, a disbelief that it could be happening and a general paralysis of decision making and procedures.

The Chernobyl incident is significantly different to the current Fukushima incident. The amount of radiation reaching the outside is lower by an order of magnitude compared to Chernobyl .

Ukraine and the wider Soviet Union was highly secretive and it was unsurprising that the whole affair was one giant cover up. For example, initially there was no move to evacuate the locals. The Soviets just did not do things transparency.

You cannot compare the Japanese to the Soviets, in the same way that you cannot compare Fukushima to Chernobyl.

Regards

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Chernobyl was a cover up from the start. There were fundamental mistakes in tackling the incident, a disbelief that it could be happening and a general paralysis of decision making and procedures.

The Chernobyl incident is significantly different to the current Fukushima incident. The amount of radiation reaching the outside is lower by an order of magnitude compared to Chernobyl .

Ukraine and the wider Soviet Union was highly secretive and it was unsurprising that the whole affair was one giant cover up. For example, initially there was no move to evacuate the locals. The Soviets just did not do things transparency.

You cannot compare the Japanese to the Soviets, in the same way that you cannot compare Fukushima to Chernobyl.

Regards

To me it sounds like your picking your stories, Fukushima has also beena cover up from the start, but you rather believe fukushima isnt and the information they are telling you is the truth? lol, come on! dont be so naive.

The japanese government hasn't told us the whole truth right from the start and still arent to this very day, thousands of japanese that should have been evacuated long ago are still living in the danger zone, i dont deny chernobyl was was a cover up but you cant pick your stories, they are probably both cover ups and just as bad as each other, many analysts are even beginning to say fukushima could become much worse than chernobyl, this is partly due to a mixture of spent fuel rods burning and the very unpredicatble experimental MOX fuel.

Neutron beams have already been seen at least 13 times!
edit on 4-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

To me it sounds like your picking your stories, Fukushima has also beena cover up from the start, but you rather believe fukushima isnt and the information they are telling you is the truth? lol, come on! dont be so naive.

So what don't you believe and where's the evidence that the Japanese authorities are not being open with what they know? Why would the Japanese cover this up and what would they gain from so doing?

The Soviets covered Chernobyl up because such an incident could never happen in the such a well run and orderly place, unlike the decadent West etc...

Neutron beams have already been seen at least 13 times!

In your own words what is a neutron beam? The Japanese authorities have acknowledged neutron beams, but have stated that they don't contain dangerous levels of radiation. Have you evidence to the contrary? Surely, you must be there and be reading the Japanese newspapers and comment at every turn.

Regards

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Need the latest news on Fukushima? Want the latest EPA numbers?
How about the latest FDA info? How about Jet Stream and weather info? View the FUKUSHIMA TOOLKIT here:

pstuph.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Great chart, thank you!

No wonder the industry barons want to kill PBS.

s&f for you.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by webworker
Need the latest news on Fukushima? Want the latest EPA numbers?
How about the latest FDA info? How about Jet Stream and weather info? View the FUKUSHIMA TOOLKIT here:

pstuph.wordpress.com...

THAT is a great collection of site info. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Itop1

Very interesting,

that Banana I have just eaten has just given me a small dose of radiation according to the chart....... oh well. i like banana's so that's me screwed ....! :-)

In essence I think that if your time is up, then your time is up... if you know what I mean........... take reasonable precautions and that is the best we can all do.......!!

Cheers

PDUK

ps..... like the Avatar... just been on another thread with a clip from the Czar bomb.. amazing footage ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-4-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: addition

top topics

join