It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census worker won't take no for answer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
LOl i love when they ask what race i am..i am caucasian. i lokoeda t him in awe pat 2 times i had to answer the damn door... i shoulda told him im african american, or a mongolian , or eskimo..i jsut dont show the racial apperance
mkae him/her shut up real quick.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The part I picked up on was that the survey assists those responsible for figuring out the consumer price index, which is part of a system which is based on gain rather than need. If a person has an idealogical argument with the system of which such surveys are a part, then they should not have to contribute to the data which assists that disgusting, broken greed machine. Fines handed out to people on that basis, are a tax on freedom of thought, freedom of political expression, and a tax on privacy above all else. Surely this cannot be supported in a democratic society?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I fail to understand why they need so much more that they invade my privacy.

Political power.....I wish I had more to add to that...but really, that is all it is. Political power.

Technically we could get into how they decide what social programs are working, which aren't, etc.

XL5

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Just tell the truth about race, age and anything that they have proof about. Lie about everything else, be random.

Random is resistance.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Section 193 of Title 13 I believe specifically makes the Survey a law

In advance of, in conjunction with, or after the taking of each
census provided for by this chapter, the Secretary may make surveys
and collect such preliminary and supplementary statistics related
to the main topic of the census as are necessary to the initiation,
taking, or completion thereof.

Me personally...its a perversion of the privacy of citizens.
I believe you're wrong, or at least I interpret it differently.

As the OP article says:

The couple filled out their decennial form last year, answering every question.

But they're not too keen on the American Community Survey, a more in-depth, ongoing questionnaire the Census Bureau conducts to compile information on area demographics, consumer patterns and economic issues.

They answered every question in the Census. The test on the American Community Survey is to what extent answers to those questions are needed for the stated purposes of the census. Questions like what time you leave for work that go beyond the stated purpose of the census, you don't have to answer IMO.

I mailed in my census form, and the census guy pestered me quite a few times and finally caught me mowing my lawn one day. He said they got my form and they had some additional questions. Some of them I thought were too invasive and I refused to answer. He took it in stride and even said "no problem, we have an app for that" and just made a notation that I refused to answer the more invasive questions. If you refuse to answer the basic census questions, no doubt they could make the fine stick. But I don't think they could make it stick for refusing to answer a question about what time you go to work. That's not in the Census legislation and it seems like quote a stretch.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I thought it was only in Scotland where I live that this is taking place? There is a £1000 fine if you do not post or fill the form in online.

www.scotlandscensus.gov.uk...

Seems this is the last one to take place ever?

www.guardian.co.uk...]

Why are the world's governments compiling such a detailed census? I have read it is to be able to re-distribute funds to areas of need. This seems to be the reason but what if it is being compiled for the 2012 up and coming end?
This is a far stretch to the imagination, but if there is detailed records of who lives in your house, are they ill, old infirm not working etc.... then it lists, in essence, a priority of saving people in tune with their socio-economic status?
Plus if they have to do a body count in each house, then listing people who die in the house will be easier and people missing from that house will be deemed as missing from the list more obviously if they have them on record in this census?

Take it another step into the 2012 prophecy. Would the 'Book of Life' as referenced in the bible so many times, be this extensive census that the governments are compiling?

bible.org...

Anyone got any ideas or am I totally mad???

edit on 2-4-2011 by kalenga because: additions

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
Seems this is the last one to take place ever?
No it's every 10 years in Scotland, just like in the USA. What made you think it's the last one?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Its probably the guardian article to which he provided a link, which has him thinking that the 2011 census might be the last one for him. Given the content of the article, I agree its a possibility .

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Most of these people are idiots who cant get a job elsewhere and take their jobs waaaay to seriously, deputy barney types.

Did anyone else see signs on the side of the road that said "census workers wanted"? I'm sure that attracted only they highest recommended workers.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm in the UK and have always avoided the Census on principle. It's far too detailed. And why is Lockheed Martin processing it this year? I try to keep out of the way of people coming round but once I got caught and I was told I could get fined. I said 'go ahead' but nothing happened.
edit on 2-4-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
When they came to my house I avoided the lady like 3 times after my roomate talked to her. She came back like 3 times within a 10 day period. Trying to find me.

By like the 4th time I finally talked to her. She asked me a few questions like my age and D.O.B., if I was married had kids?, how many people live with me?, and I believe she asked about ethnic race. well not directly when she was going over things I heard her say "caucasian" as she was checking things off.

Thats about it and she left.

I did ask her if I had to still fill out the pack I received in the mail and she said nope I was all done. Never heard anything about again.

I guess I was lucky or maybe its different by state. I live in N.Y.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have never and will never participate in this census bs.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Wake up sheeple they want to know how many rooms you got in your abode so they can force people to stay with you against your permission,or put you n smaller abodes ,saving costs,Jeez ,wake up.
Old king herod did well out of introducing it

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by kalenga Seems this is the last one to take place ever?
No it's every 10 years in Scotland, just like in the USA. What made you think it's the last one?

Because ofwww.guardian.co.uk...

Census 2011: can we do without it? The Census 2011 might be the last one ever. Will it be missed? We look at where else can we get the same information

Peace gringo
edit on 2-4-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I have never and will never participate in this census bs.

Hate the US Constitution?
Not at all. However they have been exceeding their mandate since before I was old enough to participate. I figured that out after reading my first one, and have never bothered since.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

If you hate the US Constitution so much, why live in the United States or participate in US political discussions? It's obvious to me that you completely despise the US Constitution because the Census is demanded within the Constitution.

If you hate this government, this country, the constitution so much and hate freedom so much, why stay here?
edit on Sat Apr 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You got three spare rooms we can use.big brother wants to know.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

If you hate the US Constitution so much, why live in the United States or participate in US political discussions? It's obvious to me that you completely despise the US Constitution because the Census is demanded within the Constitution.

If you hate this government, this country, the constitution so much and hate freedom so much, why stay here?
Obvious trolling here. I will treat it as such.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Big brother or the United States Congress under Article I Section 2?

The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.

In such manner as they shall by law direct.

hmm

Doesn't seem to say, in such manner as the people get to pitch a fit like whiny little 4 year olds throwing a tantrum in the supermarket direct.

Or am I mistaken? Does it say in such manner as the people get to pitch a fit like whiny little 4 year olds throwing a tantrum in the supermarket direct?

edit on 4/2/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You will find out soon if you can`t justify empty rooms your out on your butt.
Trust me get ahead of the game ,roll the dice mistro.
Peace gringo...
edit on 2-4-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join