It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya: Coalition air strike 'killed seven civilians'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Libya: Coalition air strike 'killed seven civilians'

www.bbc.co.uk

Seven civilians died and 25 were hurt in a coalition air strike on a pro-Gaddafi convoy in eastern Libya, a doctor there has told the BBC.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
glad to see the airstrikes are protecting the civilians,all the dead were between the ages of 12 and 20,three boys, aged between 14 and 20, were also killed.

its shocking really,this is only causeing bad feelings around the world...and its only going to get worse once they convince people they need to put boots on the ground.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
rediculous. how hard is it to be patient? they really only need to wait untill they are unloading the thing, but the probably blew up the ***king road again.

seriously guys, yo have some of the most advanced sattelite tech, drone tech, logistics, missiles, eager youths and time to know blowing up convoys with civillians present is stupid and that they will stop eventually. rather they stop for the night to make camp or stop to begin mobilizing they are going to stop.

the whole time we have been so eager to get our foot in the door they want to shut, that we couldve just talked our way through it. but we wanted this to happen. they are so eager, this is just a little bit of proof to correlate

ive yelled shenaningans since they announced the NFZ, but my flagwaving buddies just wanted a distraction from the economic black hole, and it seems to be working. more care more about hearing we are "spreading democracy" than how much that will cost us.

anyone wanna care to guess how we got t that economic crisis before that? well we were "spreading democracy" again. hmmmm.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Vatican official reports 40 civilians dead in Tripoli

The Catholic Bishop in Tripoli has indicated that dozens of civilians have been killed in the Tajoura neighborhood following NATO airstrikes.
"The air strikes are meant to protect civilians, but they are killing dozens of civilians," Bishop Giovanni Innocenzo Martinelli, the apostolic vicar of Tripoli, told Reuters. “In the Tajoura neighborhood, around 40 civilians were killed, and a house with a family inside collapsed.”
He said a number of civilian buildings have been destroyed or damaged.

“In the Buslim neighborhood, due to the bombardments, a civilian building came down, it is not clear how many people were inside,” the Bishop added.

Martinelli said he has heard from a number of people in the area, citing “people who work with us, who have many contacts with residents, who are on the ground and know the situation very well.”

NATO said it would investigate the report, but insisted there had been no civilian casualties in Tripoli.

there was no need for aggressive action by the west,it's obvious there would be a lot of civilian deaths with massive bombing raids..humantrain mission my ass,this is all being done in our name...this whole thing is out of hand..and created by the west...we have bigger threats in this world a lot worse then gaddafi ....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Its my belief they're just bombing neighborhoods in areas they call supsect or near facilities they want to target, populated areas, just like they did in Afghanistan and Iraq because this is their leader:

Saturn: Eye of Horus and Sauron

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Wait guys, I got it, it's a simple technical adjustment that will end this war. Go into the computer harddrives and change the file of Gaddaffi from 'Colonel' or whatever the heck he is, to 'civilian.'

Bingo bango

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Oh, man, I bet Gadaffi is SO pissed he didn't get to kill them himself.

No, really, I'm sure this information based on one guys word of mouth report is totally flawless! Great reporting! Up next, my cousin's nephew's brother in law heard that Gadaffi is really the nicest guy ever.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

Collateral damage, it happens, its regretful, but it happens.

Let’s face it if Gaddafi had got into Benghazi we would be looking at 1000’s of dead civilians.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
personally,i think our money and resources would be better spent in japan at this moment in time...surely thats the biggest humanitarian crisis we have in this world at this moment,and needs the worlds full attention?...instead of wasting millions in tax payers money on bombs that we can't afford,and will all suffer for..like i said before if its really about saving innocent civilians lives..then there are other countrys that need our so called humanitarian help at this present time.

ive said many times..i'm no fan of gaddafi or how he runs his country,but there are worse despots in this world at the moment..to say its just collateral damage when innocent children are blow up,kinda disgusts me.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

thats ignorant dude. they were inocent people that like him so no i don't think he would have killed them.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kunuk

thats ignorant dude. they were inocent people that like him so no i don't think he would have killed them.

And you base that opinion on what? Gadaffi's great track record of treating his population well?

And what makes you say 'they like him'?
edit on 1-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

there is never a good reason to go to war the only people who suffer in war,are innocent people,and these were kids that were killed...that could of been one of my sons,or daugthers..or one of your kids if you have any...

clearly you never been in a war situation..and if you have and you hold the veiw we should bomb the sh#t out of libya..then your whats wrong with this world.

and the stupid notion that peace is won...is a myth..it only breeds hatred.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by snapperski

Collateral damage, it happens, its regretful, but it happens.

Let’s face it if Gaddafi had got into Benghazi we would be looking at 1000’s of dead civilians.
]]

If your child, sister, brother, aunt, mother was killed by so called peace makers would you say collateral damage they died for a so called cause?

Whats the betting those people killed would have lived a life like you and I under Gaddafi?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. We should get out of libya now. Let ghaddafi kill his own people, why are we doing it for him?

Seriously people, see the bigger picture and stop buying the propaganda.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplausibleDeniability
This is ridiculous. We should get out of libya now. Let ghaddafi kill his own people, why are we doing it for him?

Seriously people, see the bigger picture and stop buying the propaganda.

Our governments wont pull out they have a hidden agenda.

Let's not forget the protesters in Yemen, Bahrain Saudi etc.nothing done.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski

there is never a good reason to go to war the only people who suffer in war,are innocent people,and these were kids that were killed...that could of been one of my sons,or daugthers..or one of your kids if you have any...

And what did I say that implies I think there is a good reason to go to war? I merely asked you what proof you had that these civilian 'supported Gadaffi", as you claimed.

clearly you never been in a war situation..and if you have and you hold the veiw we should bomb the sh#t out of libya..then your whats wrong with this world.

Again with the off-topic accusations? Methinks you maybe can't support your previous claims, so you are trying to change the subject.\

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Libya is the only country airstriking peaceful protests. Thats why they get the horns.

Pretty simple. No need for hidden agendas, people have been aching to get rid of this psychopath for decades.

Can't wait to hear the good news that he's out of power.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I just saw this on the news, they were targetting a convoy which had stopped in the village.

The locals they asked wern't angry about the rebels or the bombings, they were angry that Gadaffis troops had resorted to trying to use civillians as shields for their convoys.

Clearly that doesn't make it right, the bombing should have been held off until the convoy was away from civillians, but there was a genuine target and it was the troops plans to put themselves amid civillians.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Who NATO airstrike is that? was it from the UK, France, US? Man this sucks. Civilians casualties will always be part of war. Hopefully Gahaffi(i don't know how to spell it) will be out of power.
edit on 1-4-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

I would be inconsolable, want to kill the guy that dropped the bomb, the guy that built the bomb and ultimately the guy who ordered the attack. I would also be so clouded by anger and grief that I would ignore the fact that no fly zone has saved 1000’s of my fellow citizens.

But it’s not a member of my family, so I can say with balance and as independent outsider looking in that this is regrettable, but its just collateral damage.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join