It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO takes to the air, CIA takes to the ground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

NATO takes to the air, CIA takes to the ground

rt.com

NATO has taken command of the war in Libya as the US deploys covert CIA operatives to the field to work the ground and coordinate with the rebels.
US intelligence sources confirmed to CNN that the CIA is working to foster “military and political understanding” with rebel fighter and Libyan civilians in an effort to fight and counter Muammar Gaddafi
“We are gathering intel firsthand and we are in contact with some opposition entities,” an unnamed source told CNN.
However, this seems contrary to past statements by US President Barack Obama who insisted Americans would not be operati
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
We were led to believe that, this was not an attempt to overthrow another foreign regime. We were led to believe that this mission was purely humanitarian. If people still believe this, in the wake of this news, I say to you, you are naive. It is important to understand the history of the C.I.A. It had previously been deployed to set up coups in Iran, Guatemala and other soveriegn nations. Covert operations were always suported by overt operations and a propoganda campaign against the leaders of the regimes who were to be overthrown. Don't forget, the democraticaly elected leaders in Iran and Guatemala both had on average of 90% of the support of their own people. Both times it was ochestrated to appear to foreigners and natives that his was untrue. What garuante do we have that this isn't the case currently? I understand conditions for upheaval have been prevelent since atleast 1993 in Libya. It is just, this covert operation tha alarms me. The C.I.A has never been a humanitarian weapon. It has always been an extension of multi-national corporations.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
all these grabs for oil by various nations is like stocking up on bottled water and candles when you hear a big storm brewing.

it looks like various nations are dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's and getting into position for the final showdown.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
something fishy going on here!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Nothing to see here, just your friendly neighborhood PTB bringing another recalcitrant populace into the fold.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
More News

NEW YORK - The scope of active United States and British involvement with the Libyan rebels came under close scrutiny on Wednesday night as it emerged that western intelligence agents were on the ground in the country and that US President Barack Obama had signed a secret order authorising covert help.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
it looks like various nations are dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's and getting into position for the final showdown.

??? Didnt understand this sentence.

Care to explain por favor ?

new topics

top topics

join