It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you were in charge to make a change for the better??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am interested to see what people's responses would be to this question. I want everyone to pick one of their favorite conspiracy topics or any topic for that matter and give everyone the answer to what you would do if you were in charge to make a change.

I will start off by saying if I were in charge I would put in effect a change to taxes for saving money on the budget. I would tax EVERYONE the exact same 10% across the board. This goes for income tax on regular people and big business, no more GE not paying a penny in taxes and receiving millions of dollars back at the end of the year for no reason!! I would think IMO that this would at least solve a lot of American's concern about money, and help out the national debt.

Please let me know what you would do, I think this will be very productive if everyone is serious about their answers.
edit on 3/31/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
put mothers in charge.

second line

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Thanks for the input, good start.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Two things:

Cap wealth at a billion dollars.

Screen for genetic sociopaths and remove them from positions of authority/responsibility.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Keep truth to support balance and prevent misguides. Strength within TRUTH even if it hurts or causes issues, that just means work harder to better things... In short STOP LYING

edit on 3/31/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

If you were in charge how would you handle #1??

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I would kill myself, cause it's an imposible task.
The majority of people don't want changes, they wan't to stay in their fake reality.

Edit to ad : I would propably get assasinated, cause i would p** someone of with my changes.

edit on 31-3-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The very first thing I would do is cap all campaigns for politicians and have a set amount, for each candidate, tiered based on the level of position they are seeking.

Note: I am using "happy" numbers, and would need to do further research to come up with more accurate numbers.

For example, each candidate for President would be allowed to spend $25 million on their campaign. Nobody, and I mean nobody, would be able to donate to a particular candidate, but rather the money raised would be added to the pool for the candidates to share equally. The advantage of still donating would be that your person would also then have money at their disposal to use to campaign.

Governors would receive $10 million each, representatives $1 million, and so on.

This would:

-- prevent Lobbyists from buying elections
-- prevent Candidates buying elections (as Corzine did in NJ and some say Bloomberg did in NY)
-- prevent Corporate donations for one specific candidate in hopes that the legislation favors their needs
-- prevent only primarily wealthy candidates (one would no longer be permitted to use personal funds)
-- Candidates would need to budget extremely well (an important criteria IMO)
-- Candidates would also need to live less large and have coast to coast caravans, web addresses, etc.

The amount of money candidates spend to run for office is sickening. The money can be much better spent in other areas.

We need real people, with real problems....not just wealthy Americans that really have no clue, despite their upbringings most of the time, of what it is to struggle in day to day life.

I think it would also be very telling to watch how candidates budget, who runs out of money first, who has the best strategy for making the most of limited resources, etc.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Two things:

Cap wealth at a billion dollars.

Screen for genetic sociopaths and remove them from positions of authority/responsibility.

A Billion dollars?

Who would spend $100m in their lifetime?

With regards to the changes I would make, I would put an end to making politics a career. Maximum two terms in any capacity.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Kill all humans
!

No really, I would probably make people wash their eyes out of the slumber they've lived in and then work on rebuilding society to benefit all.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I dont even know where to start on this one

I would probably first inform everyone- mandatory informing the population about what is really going on, that way we can all be making the right decision for ourselves... since just forcing changes doesnt seem to work, lets inform people, and the can stop supporting the people who are destroying the world- no more walmart or monsanto, etc.not because the gov. comes down, but by the peoples own freedom.

something would have to be done about the oil situation. again no clue what

I would then try to create an insentive for dealing with the massive populations isolated to major cities, I bet a little space for everyone would change much of the disorder. Make people healthier too. I like the idea of going back to the land, it seems to be the sustainable way of the future, living modestly can lead to real happiness- I think ego, and materialism is a thorn to the west. We all as individuals have a footprint that is taking more than giving back, eventually that is going to bite us in the ass, and since there is literally NOTHING being done about it right now, its clear to see that some impending doom we all talk about is a reality. It is kind of messed up how we eat and survive....there is no way that can be sustained much longer.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I would start by dramatically increasing the funding of parapsychological research and enforce the dissemination of parapsychological findings throughout science. I would eliminate the taboo against parapsychology in science and if any scientists have problem with it then they would be out of a job.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This type of thread seems to pop up every year. So why not repeat the same answer I give each time.

First going to go over a few figures from 2004 budget, since that is the year and the numbers I originally used.

Global Military Spending (in billions of $ / per year)

USA - $401
US Allies- $263
total - $664

Russia - $50
China - $51
Axis of Evil- $7

After 9/11, US spending on anti terrorism appropriately rose. But the budget still includes nuclear and other weapons designed to fight the Cold War. Former Admirals, Generals and Pentagon official agree that the US can safely reduce the Pentagon budget 15% ($60 billion) per year.

* With Iraq under US control, Axis of Evil countries now include Iran and North Korea.
** Pentagon budget figure does not, include the cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Federal Spending
(Selected Programs, in Billions, per Year)

Pentagon $401
Children's Health $41
K-12 education $34
Humanitarian Foreign Aid $10
Head start $7
Reduce reliance on oil $2

We can meet basic human needs at home and abroad, by reducing
obsolete cold war weapons, and investing 15% of the Pentagon budget in:

Provide head start for all eligible US kids $ 2 billion/yr
Provide healthcare for all uninsured Us kids $ 13 billion/yr
Rebuild America's schools over 10 years $ 12 billion/yr
Achieve energy independence with clean technology $ 8 billion/yr
Feed "all" of the World's starving children $ 25 billion/yr

Source of above figures-video

Not only has the above solution been available to congress and senate for almost a decade, but the hundreds of thousands of supporters still wonder why they have not listened to our spokes men and woman and taken these options into consideration.

Ronald Reagan said, "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."

That is the tip of what I would do.
edit on 31-3-2011 by ADVISOR because: it needed an edit

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Wow good ideas ....sound like Gods judgment on Babel .....I recently read a 16 year old cry for what should I do when the S hits the fan .. ...He lives in New York city ..What could I say as I think that would be the worst place to live on the face of the earth ...I froze up ....But if I could make one change that would put things wright it would be the end of money ...no more currency, .....peace

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by satron

If you were in charge how would you handle #1??

Sterilization, poisoning, starvation, war, creating a mentality that makes people think "better he go than me". Only when the public is convinced that their sacrifice is necessary will that step be fully implemented.

Or so I gather.

Maybe not

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
As well intentioned as it sounds to say "I wish I was in charge, I would change...", there is a problem with that. The problem is that the POTUS is a figure head, not a man of real power. The position allows for change only in the direction that the shadow government and PTB deem necessary.

"There’s a secret government, inside the government…and I don’t control it" Bill Clinton

Couple that with the stranglehold that the Central banking system has over the US, the assassination of JFK for trying to steer away from the Fed, and the influence of big corporations over house and senate decisions and you can begin to see that the office is not for us, but a puppet for the rest of the world to see.

Here forward, we are so deeply in debt to China, Japan, Russia, Saudia Arabia, and in armed conflict on several fronts making our ability to effect policy change or pay down debt owed a near impossible task that will bleed out for generations to come.

I have my suspicions that BO in fact did go into the presidential race with the best of intentions because he spoke so naturally about the things he wanted to do and change. However, before his term even began, I am pretty sure he had some closed door meeting and things went south from there.

Although, please dont let me darken the dreamers or bring sour milk to the party.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
First, move to Silver backed currency.

Second, create State Banks for every State in the Union and a Supreme National Bank, unmolested by foreign entities.
^Whichever makes the other easier first :]

Third, remove hemp from the Prohibition on Drugs.

Fourth, require all entities who own land to grow, harvest, and process hemp, as no less than ten per cent of their total acreage, for:
food,
Hemp seed benefits

fuel, textiles, and medicine.
Vimeo.com: 6 Minutes on Hemp
Youtube.com: Hemp cures cancer
Youtube.com: A Cannabis Story
Youtube.com: The Hemp Revolution: Part one
Youtube.com: Grass: The History of Marijuana
Youtube.com: Legalizing Industrial Hemp - Reasons Why (With many advocates)
Youtube.com: Henry Ford and Rudolf Diesel Against Petroleum Part 1

If this requirement is unfullfilled, violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Fifth, re-invest all revenue generated in Education, National and State and local Infrastructure, etc.

Sixth, prosper.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimusInvictus
First, move to Silver backed currency.

Second, create State Banks for every State in the Union and a Supreme National Bank, unmolested by foreign entities.
^Whichever makes the other easier first :]

Third, remove hemp from the Prohibition on Drugs.

Fourth, require all entities who own land to grow, harvest, and process hemp, as no less than ten per cent of their total acreage, for:
food,
Hemp seed benefits

fuel, textiles, and medicine.
Vimeo.com: 6 Minutes on Hemp
Youtube.com: Hemp cures cancer
Youtube.com: A Cannabis Story
Youtube.com: The Hemp Revolution: Part one
Youtube.com: Grass: The History of Marijuana
Youtube.com: Legalizing Industrial Hemp - Reasons Why (With many advocates)
Youtube.com: Henry Ford and Rudolf Diesel Against Petroleum Part 1

If this requirement is unfullfilled, violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Fifth, re-invest all revenue generated in Education, National and State and local Infrastructure, etc.

Sixth, prosper.

Awesome post. I was going to simply say "legalize cannbis" but you said it much better.

Im off to watch those videos now. thanks.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I hold these Truths to be self-evident...

Return to the Constitution !!!

* End the Federal Reserve - The modern Federal Reserve Note is NOT a "dollar". A constitutional "dollar" is a silver coin containing 371 1/4 grains (troy) of fine metal. the Federal Reserve act is at the very heart of the problem. Sound Silver backed banks in every State.

* Restore The Original Thirteenth Article of Amendment To The Constitution For The United States

"If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive, or retain any title of nobility or honour, or shall without the consent of Congress, accept and retain any present, pension, office, or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince, or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States, and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them."

* Get rid of the 16th amendment With sound Money & No Fractional Reserve Banking SCAM who needs the IRS to collect the Interest charges by a PRIVATE BANK charging the very Government which gave it it's power to create money out of thin air while not creating the currency to pay said interest thereby setting off a "rob Peter to pay Paul" inflationary wealth confiscation scheme ? not America that's who. That being said it is not as if the will be no taxes as the Constitution clearly has 4 distinct definitions that describe who & what can be taxed. The average Americans "Labor" NOT being one of them.

* End Presidential Executive Orders Return to the Constitutional Structure for Limited and Balanced Government. This process totally by-passes Congressional legislative authority and places in the hands of the President almost unilateral power.

* Legalize Marijuana/Hemp this one is obvious. With more than a million prescription drugs available on every corner of every city, why is a plant illegal than is seriously less harmful and definitely all around better for society in many many ways be it industrial, medical, or recreational? At one point in time you could pay your Taxes in Hemp!.

* Benefits for being on a Jury When did participating in one of America's greatest Rights become a joke or something to weasel out of? and while I'm on the subject.. Why are Lawyers allow to stack the deck? Someone neutral should make sure they meet the requirements. Whats with that Martial Law Flag in the Court room? Another Pres Exec Order. Any courtroom that displays these flags behind the Judge is a military courtroom. We Need a return to a TRUE Court in this Country, not a group of UCC enforcement thugs masquerading as Rule of Law, but that would be taking care of with the original 13th amendment in place. The Magna Carta is very powerful. Time for Americans to Understand Jurisdiction.

* Enact Tariffs This would reduce unemployment, and encourage a rebuilding of the Industrial Infrastructure lost in America. It is also one of the few constitutional sources of revenue.

* Paper Elections Live PBS full coverage nonstop televised checked & double checked good Ol'Fashioned paper trail. No More Voting Machines!

* "Energy" Commission and I mean a Real one.. if everything is run on Nikola Tesla's inventions to this day.. get some high paid creative intellectual type's brain storming on just what the heck Mr Tesla was talking about when he moved on from AC current.. and seriously figure this out. If no one could follow what he was doing and it works today.. lets find out what we still do not understand that this great American was referring too.. He had an electric Car that was proven. He had the Electric Submarine. In 1898 Tesla patented the Teleautomaton Boat, (#613,809) an electrically powered submarine. This submarine would pick-up electricity that was being broadcast to it by a receiver... really people .. when he took it to the next level, along with his track record and devices you were born using and still to this day we are being fools not to pursue this mans train of thought. Time for America to get on board.

I could go on... but I fear I would be magically Dead with an intact bullet simply getting starting through this list.... fun dreaming though.. would be truly a shining beacon of Freedom once again...

edit on 31-3-2011 by reeferman because: links..

<<   2 >>

join