It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Your SS# Match Your State of Birth?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Does Your SS# Match Your State of Birth?

No it doesn't. But then again I didn't get my SSN until I was 8 years old, and living in New York state, which it does match.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Another reason why most people's social security doesnt match the state they was born in, Is because a child would only need a social security card if their parents where on some type of public assistance. People move out of state, then get a card for their child in the new state. That is the most common reason. I was born in ohio and didnt get my s.s card until i was seven. That was in california.

Hope that helps some of you who dont know why it doesnt match.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I thought Obama had 9 social security numbers, and three passports from three different countries?
He used his Indonesian passport to go to Pakistan, and Indonesia does not grant dual citizenship, but that is a whole 'nuther argument. If the guy has 9 socials, and there are legit reasons to have more than one social during your life, then the numbers don't mean anything.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

My SSN does not match the state where I was born on either website provided on the first page... oddly, it does match the state where I would eventually grow up.

Edit to add: After reading Blackmarketeer's response on page one, it makes sense that my SSN would match where I grew up instead of where I was born - that's the first place I ever needed a SSN.
edit on 1-4-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yep - 254 which is Georgia. I think it is where you apply for the card instead of where you are born, but I don't have enough data points to be sure. These days that's likely to be the same, but in my time you didn't get an SSN until you had a paying job or you got your learners permit, IIRC I got it when I was 14.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Nice idea for a thread.

Mine matches
Born in California, correct prefix.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Using this one:
SS Number Prefixes

my wife is from KENYA and gained her citizenship after arriving here legally, as an adult, and going through all the proper channels. Her SS prefix is the same as what would be given at birth for the state in which she got her citizenship.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I've heard about this before and even asked a SS employee, just because I was curious. They didn't know much about it. Found that mine odes not match my state(I was born in the 80s). One of my family members, it matches there state(born in the 50s). Though it does match with a family member born in the 80s.
Which leads me to think it doesn't apply that much anymore, or only applies to some(as stated in posts above).

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I was born and raised in Michigan, along with my brothers and sisters. My mom filed for our birth certificate while still at the hospital. But me and my siblings SS numbers are for the state of KY. Which is where I reside now. I had always wondered why It didn't match my birth state where it was filed...
'

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

NM in 1981, one year after birth.

I still got some digging to do.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Here is an interesting bit of info for ya. In Las Alamos up untill like 10-15 years ago if you were born there they changed your birth certificate to the next town over and no one was considered to be born there I guess outta secrecy. I also noted you were born on a base so maybe it's something similar. I doubt it but I thought I'd throw that out there. You should check with those born on that base around that time and see if it's the same with them and if it's just other random states or they if they all have the same one.

ETA: Mine matches for VA as well
edit on 1-4-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Mine does not match the state in which I was born. It instead matches the state I lived in when my parents obtained the card and number, which was florida.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Mine is sort f correct. I was born in california, but moved to Nevada at age 5. My prefix is 530 which is Nevada. I guess if I was never issued a card at birth then that makes sense for me.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SNeaKyTiKi
Mine doesnt match my state on your site....

It works on this site though, so who knows.

SS Number Prefixes

QUESTION:I'm assuming the SSN's that don't have a State listed are the same as the state above? If so mine is from Texas. Yikes, and here I thought I was born and raised in San Diego. My life is a lie!

*runs crying*

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I am another one of those doesn't exist. My prefix doesn't seem to be on any of this lists. Perhpas numbers before 1973 were set aside when they switched from regional offices?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
My number is skipped on there. It is not that it gives an incorrect State. It is just not there.
So either-
A: I am not real
or
B: That site is flawed
You should probably check a more credible source.

Could it be you missed it.
I missed mine when I first looked, I didn't catch the range.

What more credible site would you recommend over the .gov site run by the body that issues the numbers?

I don't think the site is flawed I think it's a case of PEBKAC

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Well, mine matches up for New York. But i did notice that my fiance was born at Ft. Riley and his don't match up.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

indeed, your info is correct.....

my # was from the PA refugee HQs and the nearest Social Security Office
and not Ellis Island where i entered the USA, nor Pegnitz (West) Germany at the time of birth,
nor the State of Michigan where I was legally adopted , and had a registered legal address.

people always look puzzled at my low digit number...from a Penn. application request
and not reflecting the date when issued (i later relocated to PA some 5 years later)
edit on 1-4-2011 by St Udio because: dazed

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Just a thought about your SS number not matching up with what you know.

Is it possible that you were adopted?

Mine doesn't match up with where I was born (Ft. Riley)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by woghd
If the guy has 9 socials, and there are legit reasons to have more than one social during your life, then the numbers don't mean anything.

What might those legitimate reasons be?
edit on 1/4/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: to clarify

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join